NinnJinn's Vending Adventure

NinnJinn

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the coke machine I have is the wave kind as well.the coke techs say they are pretty reliable(unless your me)as far as ordering soda look at the positive,at least you will have a little cash flow for the next order.coke has 3 tier priceing,for me it is 17 cases or more for the lowest price unless I buy a pallet.

on the coke machine watch the t handle it closes only one way or it`ll get stuck and yyou may need a screw driver to pry it out.mine has a mark so I always know which way it goes to push it in.

congrats on your expansion.I hope you are very succesful my friend.

Thanks Antonio!!!

My tier is a min of 10 or there is a $15 delivery fee. 1-16.... 17-24 and 25 plus....  The price savings from lowest tier to 25+ is only 14cents per bottle savings.

Sounds like christmas came a little early for NinnJinn  LOL

BTW the phone jacks are DEX ports for your handheld. You do have one, right??? :)

a what ports? handheld?  the only thing I can make out of DEX is Double EXpensive.. 

I honestly dunno what DEX ports are.

And yes indeed, Christmas DID come early!!!!  When I got the call to meet them, I was like a little kid on Christmas morning waiting for mom and dad to say, Yes, you can open your presents now.

a what ports? handheld?  the only thing I can make out of DEX is Double EXpensive.. 

I honestly dunno what DEX ports are.

And yes indeed, Christmas DID come early!!!!  When I got the call to meet them, I was like a little kid on Christmas morning waiting for mom and dad to say, Yes, you can open your presents now.

its an expensive computer system that can download sales data and so on

from the motherboard into a handheld unit

The handhelds and software are sold as a package. Many different price points but probably a min investment in the thousands.

:o  *gasp, hack, cough, cough, gag*!!!!!!!  :o

Whew, sorry about that folks.  My Chocolate milk went down the wrong pipe. Holy Moly that is pricey!

OTOH it would work much better than the excel spreadsheet you are working on. :)

Very true!!  I already know it is going to be harder to track bottles sold vs. cans.

In the can machines, I stock to the top. And I have roughly 7 1/2months to sell them before they expire.

With bottles, Except for Diet and water, they expire in 2 months and 5 days...  Water, I have 12months to sell them, and I don't even wanna know about the Diet drinks!  And until, I figure out what sells, I am not going to put a case of each flavor in each machine.

On one of my machines it is setup to hold 72 bottles of Coke. :o

Yesterday evening, I had the privilege of speaking to Mission on the phone!  He answered all my questions, and made me feel more comfortable and less intimidated about operating new machines with newer technology.  He also told me how I could use the machine's stored info to better keep track of what products sell and how many, along with tracking total vends, and total income etc.

He also touched on the subject on programming the machine and to rearrange the columns to where I didn't have 3 coke columns and 2 diet columns!  I put my printer to good use and printed out the 79page manual on these machines and have been studying them, to get a grasp on how to set the machine up to how I want it.  Really wish I had a machine in the garage, that way if I messed it up, it wouldn't be a big deal as it wouldn't be on location.

But anyways! 

Thank you Mission for allowing me to take up some of your time and fitting me into your schedule!  I most certainly appreciate it!

I have been checking my bottle machine that is next to my can machine pretty much daily.  So far I haven't had to add any quarters to it.  Sales started out really slow, but they are gradually picking up. In the last 5 days, I have had 28 bottle vends.  I was shooting for at least 8/day average.  All I hear about is, When are you going to get Mt. Dew in the bottles.  My reply is "as soon as possible." 

Since I only ordered 10 cases, I have been playing musical machines so to speak with my drinks.  I have already taken a total of 24 drinks from the Haysville (newest one) location consisting of sprite, cherry coke and Fanta orange.

As for the Haysville location,  I was really worried due to very little sales!  For the first 4 days I sold 2 drinks total.  :o  I thought I was doomed for sure!  This morning I checked on the machine to find that in the last 3 days, I have had 16vends.  So I am thinking that the machine "has been found"

To break even with COGS and rent, I have to average at LEAST 6.7 vends a day. Not to mention a round trip from home to the Haysville location is 27mile round trip.    To my surprise the Caffeine Free Diet, Is a hit!  So I will be leaving 5 CF diets in the local location and taking the rest to Haysville.

l have the machines set up now to where I can better keep track of what flavors sell and how many of each.

The can machine at the Local location stumbled for the week. For 5 days  my average has stumbled down to the single digits on avg daily vends.  :'(

But it has been rather chilly in the evenings. there were 3 nights it dipped below 37 degrees.  Hopefully everything will iron out and I will become happy with my decision and not regret it.

WOW NinnJinn!  Sorry to hear how tough the 3rd party deals have been.

I called coke and was set up in a couple of days. any number of machines I want 10 case per month min per machine. 10 case min order.

20 oz bottles are $16.10 and $13.90 for flavors. Dasani $10.50. I can still get the cans cheaper at Sam's but Coke delivers to my house and loans me the machines.

Ordering machines is a pain, but I can order extra in stick them in my garage(as long as I buy product) I have not done this because I hate moving soda machines.

Service for the machines is just a phone call away and they will do everything on-site.

Shortly after getting set up I changed companies in the apartment industry and picked up 3 properties with coke owned machines. Just a letter faxed to my rep and I get a call. He seemed happy to dump them on me.

Even though you are having a tough time with 3rd party, stick with it. Once you get your cash flow up you can start buying your own machines and this will help you meet the minimum orders for the 3rd party ones.

I started with buying a route and added 3rd party to give me the ability to expand

Sorry Im late on posting! 

10/2/2010

Haysville Bottle outside location

I know I need to learn patience, but this location is really worrying me! I checked the machine after 7 full days of tracking sales and came up with 22 vends. which equals to 3vends a day avg.  :-[  At this rate, I am just barely making enough to pay the weekly rent for the location and leaving me $1 to put in my pocket as profit!

Next week I will be able to see what is selling and what isn't.  Its times like this, that I wish I owned the machine.  I would be able to pull some of my slow/non movers and put Pepsi and Mt. Dew in and watch the profits soar!  But here again, I really don't know what the machine's potential is, after all it is Autumn and is getting cooler.  If I can continue to at least break even after COGS and the location rent, I will leave the machine until mid to late summer to see if it has potential. Which I hope it does.

10/2/2010

Local Bottle machine Outdoor location

This one is doing twice the sales as "Haysville"  but still not up to my expectations.  In the last 7days it has had 45vends 6vends/ day avg.  Like "Haysville" Next service, I will be able to see what is selling and whats not.  This one is returning a profit due to much, MUCH lower location rent.  As you know I also have this one set up to be a change machine for my can machine.  It is still full of quarters so apparently it is either not being used as a change machine, or people are using change to buy their bottled drinks.

I will post more later today, it is time for the day job.  Have a good day and hope your pockets get filled with Dollars and quarters!

• 3 weeks later...

Happy election day! Sorry for  not being around much, People in my area are having internet issues due to a pole being damaged and the cable company is taking their sweet ol time putting up a new server box.  Their closest office is roughly 45miles away and they keep saying they are working to get us restored, so in the mean time, I jump on when I find a wifi hot spot and I happen to have my netbook with me.  Hope to be up and running soon!

• 3 weeks later...

As most of you already know, I had my first break in this past Friday.  Although they didn't get away with nearly as much as they could of a few days prior, It still sucks!

The coke tech came out and replaced the changer this past Monday and I am back in business.  I have set all of my changers to hold lower amounts of change. And I am now stopping at the machines more frequently to empty the over flow bin and to empty the DBA.  Believe it or not, it was getting to the point to where I was checking them once a week! Usually on Saturdays. but last week, I serviced the machines early thank goodness. Other wise the vandals would have walked away with over $200 in bills alone.

I am currently adding up all the Sales from last month and will be posting them here shortly.

Hope all is well with everyone!

As most of you already know, I had my first break in this past Friday.  Although they didn't get away with nearly as much as they could of a few days prior, It still sucks!

The coke tech came out and replaced the changer this past Monday and I am back in business.  I have set all of my changers to hold lower amounts of change. And I am now stopping at the machines more frequently to empty the over flow bin and to empty the DBA.  Believe it or not, it was getting to the point to where I was checking them once a week! Usually on Saturdays. but last week, I serviced the machines early thank goodness. Other wise the vandals would have walked away with over $200 in bills alone.

I am currently adding up all the Sales from last month and will be posting them here shortly.

Hope all is well with everyone!

wow sounds like a good location after all if ur doing $200 a wk gross?!

I know it is going to sound pretty pathetic, but when I opened up the bill stacker and saw all the ones I litterally said, "Whoa, holy s*^t!"

I had never seen so many ones in a machine before!  And couldn't believe they were all mine for the taking!!!  B)

spikes in sales always excite me too.be on the look out and make sure the machine is well prepared for any future events.

Exactly!  I didn't even know it was happening. (shows how much I pay attention to the community calendar.) 

I happen to drive by and saw several "hot rods" in the lot and a sign about a "cruise in"  So I hit my can machine, which was "low"  bottle machine was good.  So I frantically picked up cans from the store and stocked it full.

If memory serves me right, had 56 can vends that afternoon/evening 38 being Mt. Dew, And Sold 37 bottles.  Mostly Root beer and orange.

But That Saturday happened to be one of the warmest Nov. 6ths in over 20yrs.  High climbed upto 77degrees. Normal average high for that date is mid 50s

Surprisingly there was very little garbage left behind!

Archived