Cleaning Machines - How Often, What Do You Use?

Topic title says it all. Topic Description is for those with A.D.D.

1. How often do you clean your machines (drink, snack, and food)?

2. Are there specific cleaning products that are a must when using a cleaning agent?

Bonus: 3. Is there a cleaning routine you implemented for your business that you can share with the rest of us?

Thank you and come again!

Wipe your equipment down every time you service it..Windex and papertowel (glass and cabinet..top and sides). Also, if you operate cold drink machines..vacuum out the bottom of the machine and the compressor at least every 90 days..Wipe out the trays every 90 days as well..I love seeing other operators dirty equipment and showing pictures of my clean equipment to a potential location and securing the account!! Keep up the dirty work and give your accounts away!!

Wipe your equipment down every time you service it..Windex and papertowel (glass and cabinet..top and sides). Also, if you operate cold drink machines..vacuum out the bottom of the machine and the compressor at least every 90 days..Wipe out the trays every 90 days as well..I love seeing other operators dirty equipment and showing pictures of my clean equipment to a potential location and securing the account!! Keep up the dirty work and give your accounts away!!

i agree with the above, but what do you mean vacuum the compressor? what kinda vacuum do you use btw like dust buster or a shop vac or what?

use a paint brush and a shop vac..brush the compressor with one hand and use the other to hold the shop vac to suck up the lint and dirt..The machine will run more efficient..

Not only that but the compressor will thank you by living longer. ;D

Clean glass everytime. Clean out acceptors and DBV monthly or quarterly depending on how dirty location is. Clean compressor, sides and top of machine quarterly.

Very nice seminar. One question, what is DBV?

Thanks all.

Dollar bill validator/acceptor

I clean mine every 3 mo because they are on shop floors u can get the cleaner pads off ebay

Also u might consider cleaning the mech now and then I use alcohol

HI,

I agree with the Windex idea and will even go further by saying use the actual Windex or other name brand products....one time I "cheaped" out by buying some knockoff stuff at a dollar type store and the stuff I git did NOT clean worth a _______ (you can fill in the blank) .

I have heard of some product designed for cleaning out the oily residue on the trays of snack machines but have not personally tried it yet...

I don't have a set time frame for cleaning....mainly when it looks like it needs it...

Andrew

Brand name window cleaners do seem to work better on vending machines. I don't know why.

**** N Span spray seems to work for me on the oily residue on the trays.

We do superficial cleaning periodically, but do a complete clean (taking everything out and cleaning deep in the machine) once a year.

Brand name window cleaners do seem to work better on vending machines. I don't know why.

**** N Span spray seems to work for me on the oily residue on the trays.

We do superficial cleaning periodically, but do a complete clean (taking everything out and cleaning deep in the machine) once a year.

What causes the oily residue?? I keep getting this in my snack machines too!

When a company requests bids at renewal one of the hardest things to compete against is a clean machine. If the pricing is in line and the machines are clean there is not much you can do to improve the situation except offer a coffee machine or food machine. If you want to keep your business, keep that glass clean and the finger prints cleaned off.

Poplady1

When a company requests bids at renewal one of the hardest things to compete against is a clean machine. If the pricing is in line and the machines are clean there is not much you can do to improve the situation except offer a coffee machine or food machine. If you want to keep your business, keep that glass clean and the finger prints cleaned off.

Poplady1

Good post! I'll add keep the lights working to the list.

Poplady1

Bev is 100% on here. Old school Vendors Motto....

Clean, Filled, Working

• 6 months later...

Ok, let's redirect this toward a deep clean.

How do you clean coils that have started to look rusty. Where do you get the cleaner too!

If you have a machine that is that bad "rusty" then you need to either replace with new or refurb machine and take that one off location to either scrap, or refurb and then put back out on site. Sometimes machines are beyond cleaning on site and we just swap them out and deal with the machine at the warehouse where we have all the tools and supplies to clean, paint and fix.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived