All American Chicken

Nick505

Today I was out having some lunch at a local Rusty's Pizza in Ventura, CA and I noticed they had an American Chicken machine. It was nice to finally see one of these machines in person. I am pretty sure that if I had not found The VendDiscuss I would not have noticed this machine.

The machine did look great and in my opinion it reaches out to small children with its color and appearance. The machine owner has a DBV and a .50 cent price-point. Overall the machine looks like a real money maker and I am glad to see that the All American Chicken is being sold.

2011-07-04143518.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to let you know this is one of the original prototype models. The newer machines now have a smaller footprint, better lighting and several new features not included with this model.You are right about one thing the sales are astronomical and the machine is very appealing to the younger kids that tend to be uninterested in the standard bulk rack.

I admit that the machine looks nice. But is overpriced I think that they are getting 1200 add the 200 freight and your looking at 1400. For a couple hundred more you can have 3 racks. For me the chicken would have to produce 450 to 600 a month. I think that they are offering 1000 free eggs. But that's not a real deal to me because most suppliers fill eggs with stale junk. Maybe free freight would be enough to makeme bite and try a machine or 2. Or I can just wait for some one to start selling used ones.

Wow its way smaller than I thought. It would look great sitting on a small locking cabinet or something.

Still I think it's priced about twice as much as most would be willing to spend for one. It will be interesting to see what they are going to sell for on eBay.

Can you please provide us with some hard data on this, Mr. Salesrep???

I'd love to see this data, too.

I know of no "young kids" who are NOT interested in a bulk rack, standard or not.

I agree.

If there are any "young kids" not interested in a standard rack, I don't know how a machine based heavily on a 30yr old design is going to attract their attention either.

Any young kid interested in a chicken machine will also drop quarters in a standard rack.

Of course, when given the choice they may take the chicken over the standard machine....but, that's irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make.

My point is you aren't gaining any new customer demographics with a chicken machine.

Your just enticing your same customers to spend more quarters (hopefully).

my question is: who in the world prices their 1 inch at 25 cents when their 2 inch is priced at a 1.00?

That's a Marvel product in the $1 2" machine.

The flat vends next to it may be set at $.50 as well as the 2" on the opposite side of the flat machine (assuming there's one).

I can see selling the 1" at $.25 if the flat and other 2" is at $.50.

Then only the licensed is at $1.

Covers all the price points.

The flat vends next to it may be set at $.50 as well as the 2" on the opposite side of the flat machine (assuming there's one).

if it was a mix for 25 cents I would agree, but thats not a mix and should be priced at 50 cents imo, but I understand your point about hitting all price points. Im assuming this is in a decent location and most likely can stand the 50 cent price point on 1 inch. but like I said it's just my opinion...if it were mine they would be at 50 cents

if it was a mix for 25 cents I would agree, but thats not a mix and should be priced at 50 cents imo, but I understand your point about hitting all price points. Im assuming this is in a decent location and most likely can stand the 50 cent price point on 1 inch. but like I said it's just my opinion...if it were mine they would be at 50 cents

I thought about this today. The rack and the chicken machine must belong to the same vendor. He has the 1" vendors at .25 to funnel the .50 vends to the chicken machine. Obviously by not being able to see inside the eggs, it is a cheap junk mix.

BTW, Anyone know why it has 2 coin slots?

the chicken machine has been out for several years...Im not sure why they reinvented it! Im sure the high cost of the machine is to pay for r&d, but I agree with everyone else, my dollars are going for racks and product. several years ago my dad sold about 10 of them for 50 bucks each

They could be in my boat and not able to buy .50 cent mechs for all locations yetmellow.gif

Also if I had an extra $1300.00 I would spend it on racks, mechs and product, not a clucking chicken.azn.gif

I hear ya on that Kelly.

They could be in my boat and not able to buy .50 cent mechs for all locations yetmellow.gif

Also if I had an extra $1300.00 I would spend it on racks, mechs and product, not a clucking chicken.azn.gif

I'm right there too. I tried A&A NW60/PN95 .50 conversion kit but have had nothing but problems, talked to a salesman the other day when I was ordering some rocket wheels and he said they are in the process of re-doing the .50 mechs and kits because of quality control issues and they should have the new mech by the end of summer, entire mech $13.00. Anyone know how much Northwestern charges for them?

I just picked up 2 .50 mechs from Northwestern they were $20.50 each. They are having major part shortages, bought mechs they were out of conversion kits. They are told me "the big three", who ever they are, have got them strapped with complete set ups. Appreantly Walmart is missing some revenue and have the big 3 expanding their positions.

I agree.

If there are any "young kids" not interested in a standard rack, I don't know how a machine based heavily on a 30yr old design is going to attract their attention either.

Any young kid interested in a chicken machine will also drop quarters in a standard rack.

Of course, when given the choice they may take the chicken over the standard machine....but, that's irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make.

My point is you aren't gaining any new customer demographics with a chicken machine.

Your just enticing your same customers to spend more quarters (hopefully).

They do offer the .50 cent price-point as well. Here is another picture.

2011-07-04143528.jpg

Very decent location. My guess would be around 1k a month?? Here is what was on location.

- 2 sit-down driving games at .50 cents

- police training academy shooting game at .50 cents

- Multi-game at .25 cents

- Sports blaster with gumballs

- The Chicken machine

- The bulk rack

- And a change machine.

I thought about this today. The rack and the chicken machine must belong to the same vendor. He has the 1" vendors at .25 to funnel the .50 vends to the chicken machine. Obviously by not being able to see inside the eggs, it is a cheap junk mix.

BTW, Anyone know why it has 2 coin slots?

I believe that all the vending equipment is owned by the same owner.

Very decent location. My guess would be around 1k a month?? Here is what was on location.

Hmmm.... I have a location that is an indoor skating rink. Suppose to have 5000 kids through their doors every month because of various hockey leagues. Had a 13 head rack in there. 4 50c flats, 1 50c 2in, 1 $1 2in, 2 50c 1in and 5 25c 1in. It did a total of about $100 a month. I cut the number of machines in half, and left the most used items in there.

Hmmm.... I have a location that is an indoor skating rink. Suppose to have 5000 kids through their doors every month because of various hockey leagues. Had a 13 head rack in there. 4 50c flats, 1 50c 2in, 1 $1 2in, 2 50c 1in and 5 25c 1in. It did a total of about $100 a month. I cut the number of machines in half, and left the most used items in there.

That is defiantly a high a traffic location! My only guess would be that the kids are occupied once they arrive to the skating rink. Maybe I am way off but at a pizza place the patrons go there to eat and usually there is a long wait time so the parents will give there kids money. I know when I was growing up I would get anywhere from 5-10 dollars at these types of locations.

Actually, if we are talking retailers, Costco is not in the Big Three.

Walgreens beats out Costco on the list of biggest retailers.

Interesting. Had no idea they were so close in terms of profits. I guess it's not entirely surprising considering how I see them on just about every street corner.

Walmart is not taking more bulk. And target never has and I'm sure never will. I know that service vending is putting 750,000 in to new machines and sega is expanding more. O have a Walmart vendor number and the are cutting back bulk and pushing red box coin star and crane type machines.

Walmart is not taking more bulk. And target never has and I'm sure never will. I know that service vending is putting 750,000 in to new machines and sega is expanding more. O have a Walmart vendor number and the are cutting back bulk and pushing red box coin star and crane type machines.

Actually, I heard Walmart is taking in a lot more bulk and it is all going to 3 companies. NEN, Namco, and Seaga.

Thats the problem with hearing things most time its just talk. They are doing plush, Red Box, Coin Star and redemption type machines. The three companies you listed done even cover the entire country. Walmart has around 40 vendors that they have given vendor numbers to. You may see a rack go in here and there but over all most are coming out.

Archived