Anyone have 100 vendstars out?

Quickinvestment

I like to help people as much as I can but they have got to want to help themselves. If your not willing to take the time to do a search and some reading then I have very little patience for you. Now granted you will not always turn up all the answers to your questions and that is when things should be expounded upon. In the short time I've been here I have seen a lot of vendors come and go and have listen to them brag up and down about there vendstars and how there experience is gonna be different from the last 100 folks who attempted to making a living vending candy out of a triple. Anybody making a full time living out of vending candy out of a triple please interject!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like positive and honest people to answer reply.

Well that certainly is not what your getting with tkk. He is one of the biggest crap talkers on this board and most of us know enough to ignore him. I've been doing this for 13 years so fortunately I can wade through his garbage. Hopefully with a little more reading you soon will too.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

Interested in knowing the average monthly earnings people are seeing for having 100 vendstars/triple vendstars out.

Vs having 100 double heads out.

So, did you get an answer to your original question? I didn’t see any. The closest one I saw was 60. But yet you defend TKK with his fantasy numbers. If you listen to him and his numbers, you will be in for a rude awakening when you place yours.

The national average per head is $7. Three heads will make you $21. That’s gross, not net. Not very profitable when you stop and think about it. Don’t try to belittle the older vendors here with their answers just because they are not what you want to hear. It’s easy to believe fantasy numbers. It’s what lures naïve people into biz ops. BobTHJ’s numbers are more realistic.

As for a answer to your question about triples vs. doubles. It all depends on the location, as you will find out. When I was vending candy, there were locations that just would not do well with three candy choices. I learned to replace them with singles and doubles by tweaking the route. There is not definitive answer to your question. You are looking for answers to something you will have to find out on your own. There’s a lot more to this business than just placing a machine and collecting quarters. I vended candy for 3 years and finally found out it’s very profitable. Am I regretting starting with candy? No, I learned a lot about the business by doing it.

I defended Vendstars until I was blue in the face here. Don’t take it as a personal attack on your machines. If you rephrased your question without the word Vendstar, you may have got much better answers. As you can see, nobody has that many out and can not give you the answer you want.

I don't think anyone here is saying you can't make money with vendstars. Any machine will accept quarters. The point is that if you build your business model around them, you will never see the returns you could achieve with a more versatile arsenal if equipment that you can tailor to ANY location. You're limiting yourself and your profits if you think any triple will fit in any location.

I can travel from Boston to Los Angeles on a bicycle, but why would I when I can take a plane.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

Well that certainly is not what your getting with tkk. He is one of the biggest crap talkers on this board and most of us know enough to ignore him. I've been doing this for 13 years so fortunately I can wade through his garbage. Hopefully with a little more reading you soon will too.

It's official. The people who have experience, and have been doing this for years and years know nothing compared to the newbies who've been doing this for 2 months, and seem to have all the answers.

I like to help people as much as I can but they have got to want to help themselves. If your not willing to take the time to do a search and some reading then I have very little patience for you. Now granted you will not always turn up all the answers to your questions and that is when things should be expounded upon. In the short time I've been here I have seen a lot of vendors come and go and have listen to them brag up and down about there vendstars and how there experience is gonna be different from the last 100 folks who attempted to making a living vending candy out of a triple. Anybody making a full time living out of vending candy out of a triple please interject!

Thank you! I think that says it all for many of us on here. If people are so interested and jazzed up to start this business, and want to learn as much as they can about it, what's keeping them from taking some time and reading all the back posts. Every single question the newbie asks, as been addressed by a whole series of newbies over the past 4 years. I've said it before. This is one of the main reasons I don't respond to newbie questions. Mostly because I don't like repeating myself over, and over, and over and over and over and over and over again.

Thank you all for your time!

Ps. Sometimes it's good to have the same questions asked with recent dates. Traffic comes from all over to check out the site. They don't search they look at recent. To see of the site is even active..

But anyway. Thanks all

That's not an excuse. It's plain to see that this site is active, unlike a few unnamed others out there. If you can't be bothered to read back posts, why should we be bothered to answer what we've already answered?

I bought a route in 2008 that had 99 vendstars on location. The owner had another 35 vendstar locations that he sold off before I bought what was left of his route. His records showed gross income of $900 -$1200 per month.

When I first took over the route I was averaging $950 per month. That comes out to $9.60 per location. There were a handful of dead spots that collected less than $4 per month. I picked all those up and my per location average jumped to about $13.

Long story short.

Stay away from Tripples! The reason is the lack of flexibility. I have one option when placing a machine..a triple. If you buy single heads you can build a single, double, tripple or rack, all from the same machines. I would have to buy machines if I want to do anything other than tripples. Also, I have 2 vendstars that vend Gumballs. the rest are candy only. I can not vend toys.

The main reason to stay away from Tripples is the lack of flexibility!!

That said, I would probblly do the deal I did again. It was what I needed at the time. I guess what I am saying is don't go looking for tripples, but don't pass up a deal that would fit your situation just because it has tripples.

The gist of the original question was, How much can I make from 100 Vendstars, period. Of course everyone has their opinions and biases. When I said 60 Vendstars was not profitable enough that meant for what I wanted. So now that we are on the second page let us cut through the noise and give the answer, just the facts. Bishop gave it to you. With 99 machines he was doing about $10 gross. That is a large enough sample to size to get the average or close to it. When I started out my average was $6/machine for 5-6 week cycle. I moved the machines around and added more. I powered it up to $18/machine (not head) for the 5-6 week cycle. Just do the math. That is about $1000 per collection or about $8000 per year. $700 gross per month. So maybe $500 net per month. That is enough to go the movies out to dinner, basically a little bit of spending money. However the time it took to service those 60 machines was definatly not worth my time. I wanted to pay some bills on top of the spending money. At the time I heard of a guy that was pulling $1000+ from stops doing toys. Well I woke up and got busy getting the golpher out of candy only locations! The other good point about Vendstars is that they are a gateway machine. They are cheap and easy to store and place. It is always my recommendation to people to buy some Vendstars and try out the business. If you like it and want to make "bill" money then you can always find a newbee that wants to try out the business to sell your vendstar route to while you upgrade.

Just do toys or full line vending. You will never get locations that make more than 7 a head. Its the national average therefore making 8 a head is un heard.of! All I have to say is its all about locations. I actually take my time to post on here to make people have hope in vendstars. I just love taking time from my busy days to post fake numbers on here...actually I dont even have any machines! Haha. How bout someone makes me a bet...i cant believe if someone gets a good location and postes it they are made fun of? Ive seen other bulk candy vendors who make that much as well. Maybe some people live in a small town where your dads the sheriff and your sisters your best customer...but trust me if I had 7 dollar locations I would not keep doing bulk. My good locations give me hope and the will to continue. I have some locations only making about 14 a month. Thats why I know with bulk candy its all about locations.

Just because youve been doing it for years doesnt mean a thing. You can be doing it wrong for years. My cousin has been in college for 5 years and hes still.considered a freshman. Is he more knowledgable than people who have been in college for 4.5 years?

You cant base your failure on national averages. Your locations, city or route just might not be good. Maybe its because im in a border town and people eat more candy? Who knows I though HAVE reaserched and have seen other bulk vendors here with similar or better results.

Now im sure if you had 100 vendstars it would be very hard to get good locations. Im sure 1 out of 5 locations would do good and to secure even any locations is hard. I would say 100 vendstars would make average 10-20 a month. Like they said above its not to go for full time income. not all of us want that tho I just want it to pay bills pretty much. But the more serious you take it the better you will do.

one of my locations there was already an old vendstar there empty dirty and foggy. The manager said he wanted him out. He used to pay 10% to the manager. Long story short he told me I dont want a percentage just service it frequently. I put one of my nicer ones with my logo and the nice big labels I put. He said the other guy would average 8-10 a month. Well my first pull made about 20 in 3 weeks. Some people just slack off

I do take this serious I log everything...registered the company.opened accounts. Etc I would not post here with lies. Waste of time

I want to because some restaurants have asked for them but I havent gotten around to get machines...i snoozed on a great deal recently but ill eventually get to it.

My goal is 50-100 tripples averaging 20 a month to 30. maybe 15 toy racks. And 10 soda machines. Ive been asked if we can.put coke machine and I dont have any. Now im getting gumball triples and excited about that..

@TKK. Thanks.

You seem straight forward, dont understand why you have primelor saying you are a fibber.

I got a general idea, im sure being in a larga city like vegas i Will see Șome great results. Many locations to swap to and from to fine tune things. Lot of foot traffic.

Thanks all

everyone is looking for something different. You need to look at your situation. people talk bad about candy vending. I have been able to get a $10-$13 month average per location. 100 machines would be $1,000.00 It takes me 3 days a month to service the route at 100 machines. If you are buying vendstars at $25 per machine, you could build up to 300 machines and pull $3,000.00 a month gross on 9 days work.

That would make some people verry happy. others would not be happy at all. So, you(whoever is looking into vending) need to decide what type of vending you want to do.

I stick with my other post. Buying Tripples(vendstars, 1800, or whatever) limits you options down the road.

Umderstood. Im going to go ahead and jump at these double heads for $25 there new with stand. So i figure Will start with those 20. Set them up j. The service areas at Șome car dealerships here, being a prev carsalesman here i know a few General managers. Plus most are chain owned so easy setup for me. Will let you know how it works out. Also have Honor boxes i Will be setting out at various locations around town. So Will let you all know how it goes. In the state with the highest unemployment.

Damn media and analyst This city is rockin! But guess you would have to be here to notice.

Just do toys or full line vending. You will never get locations that make more than 7 a head. Its the national average therefore making 8 a head is un heard.of! All I have to say is its all about locations. I actually take my time to post on here to make people have hope in vendstars. I just love taking time from my busy days to post fake numbers on here...actually I dont even have any machines! Haha. How bout someone makes me a bet...i cant believe if someone gets a good location and postes it they are made fun of? Ive seen other bulk candy vendors who make that much as well. Maybe some people live in a small town where your dads the sheriff and your sisters your best customer...but trust me if I had 7 dollar locations I would not keep doing bulk. My good locations give me hope and the will to continue. I have some locations only making about 14 a month. Thats why I know with bulk candy its all about locations.

Now im sure if you had 100 vendstars it would be very hard to get good locations. Im sure 1 out of 5 locations would do good and to secure even any locations is hard. I would say 100 vendstars would make average 10-20 a month. Like they said above its not to go for full time income. not all of us want that tho I just want it to pay bills pretty much. But the more serious you take it the better you will do.

He said the other guy would average 8-10 a month. Well my first pull made about 20 in 3 weeks. Some people just slack off

I do take this serious I log everything...registered the company.opened accounts. Etc I would not post here with lies. Waste of time

Do you really know what a head consists of, you ignoramus? Your first paragraph you belittle the national average and then you say you have some locations making $20. The national average on a triple is $21. Gee! How did I arrive at that number.....DUH!!!!

I give up. I think these two people are one of the same. Hey Steve. Check out their ISPs. There can't be two people that stupid in one place.

This sound like a wild wild west vending adventure, for sure!

Troolin', Troolin', Troolin'

Though the boards are swollen

Get Those Vendstars Rollin'

Star-Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!

Move 'em on, head 'em up

Head 'em up, move 'em on

Move 'em on, head 'em up

Star-hide!

Count 'em out, ride 'em in,

Ride 'em in, count 'em out,

Count 'em out, ride 'em in

Star-hide!

Keep movin', movin', movin'

Though they're disapprovin'

Keep them Vendstars movin'

Star-hide!

Don't try to understand 'em

Just locate, throw, and brand 'em

Soon we'll be living high and wide.

Boy my heart's calculatin'

My quarters will be waitin',

be waiting at the end of my ride.

STAR-HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!

Thank you very much.

Just got my carwash location for 1 week of service pmm were gone! 95 quarters! Skittles and rp had like 3 bucks each. Its all about locationd. End of story

95 quarters in just ONE week from PMM? Vendstars don't even look good. Why are you lying? I have a couple of u turns that bring in a good amount, but you make it sound like every spot makes a killing. Carwashes are just average spots. You are lying out of your teeth. Why are you lying? For fun? Or because you love vendstars so much... If you said 95 quarters in a month for the whole machine, i may believe you. But not for a week for just one product. You are exaggerating. That makes more than my mexican place. Bull. Out of all your spots, IM gonna give you some credit and assume you do make good money on 1 or 2 of your spots. THe reason i know is because once in a while you will find a spot where 1 or 2 people go crazy and start pigging out on a certain product they like. But you make it sound like all of them do. Nobody believes you.

If u go to my revenue reports youll see this is my best location. I have 1 location making 7 dollars in 6 weejs. Im not saying they all do this good. This is simply an awesome place. I dont need to lie. What would the point be? Im adding a nw double there for gumballs and add more pmm. Idk y u guys think im lying or saying all my locations are good. Some suck!

This sound like a wild wild west vending adventure, for sure!

Though the boards are swollen

Get Those Vendstars Rollin'

Star-Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!

Move 'em on, head 'em up

Head 'em up, move 'em on

Move 'em on, head 'em up

Star-hide!

Count 'em out, ride 'em in,

Ride 'em in, count 'em out,

Count 'em out, ride 'em in

Star-hide!

Keep movin', movin', movin'

Though they're disapprovin'

Keep them Vendstars movin'

Star-hide!

Don't try to understand 'em

Just locate, throw, and brand 'em

Soon we'll be living high and wide.

Boy my heart's calculatin'

My quarters will be waitin',

be waiting at the end of my ride.

STAR-HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!

Thank you very much.

Elvis has left the building.

Archived