Sticker removal?

decaturjack

Hey, I'm in the process of updating the stickers on my medicine vending machines (old sticker/branding is on the right new is on the left in the picture below)

post-4344-0-46888800-1335560975_thumb.jpg.

I'm having a heck of a time getting the old sticker off. If I take a hair dryer and heat the sticker up pretty good I can get the sticker off in a few mins or so. But it's taking about 10-15 mins to remove all the residue left behind by the sticker. I've tried acetone, goof off, goo gone, etc, etc ... you guys have any better Ideas?

And this is working on older machines at home. I imagine it will be even harder on location...

Thanks.

Jack

im in the processing of removing very large decals from a crane game. what i use

that works very well, is the harbor freight decal removal

http://www.harborfreight.com/hot-blade-decal-remover-65057.html

you might have to buy a few of them because mine burst into flames after about 30min

but it did a hell of a job. i could get a decal that size off in under 5min

it leaves some residue that is easily removed with goo-gone and soap/water.

I use some stuff sold by Drummond (Lawson Products) called Quick Peel. It is excellent. Also lighter fluid works pretty good. Just be really careful because it is extremely flammable.

I second the WD-40.

Let that stuff soak on the residue for a bit and scrape off.

A little elbow grease may be needed, but if you keep WD-40 around the house anyway, at least you don't have to buy anything new for the purpose of removing sticker residue.

Thanks for the tips guys. I think I tried paint thinner and it just made the sticker residue all gummy and hard to scrape. I'm trying not to scratch the machine so I'm using a plastic blade scraper. i've got WD-40 so I'll give it a try for sure. Thanks.

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there! How about using a non messy and chemical free way to remove the stickers? I read that you have already tried using goo gone, heat guns and other traditional methods. I’d suggest that you use the Wonder Bladeto remove the stickers as this tool is specifically designed for removing stickers on delicate areas and it will remove all residues as if it was never there. The main advantages are:

• Gets the jobs done fast

• It’s Chemical free

• Scratch free

Watch this video:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe6wsx_how-to-remove-decals-wonder-blade_news

For more information on Wonder Blade, check the website: http://decalstickerremover.com/

wonderblade_crop.jpg

I would be careful and do a search for customer happiness for those products, Mike Peter created his account today and only has one post, this one. Pretty sure he probably did a keyword search about sticker removal, found this post and is trying to market his product. It may work, it may be legit, but then again.....

Just be careful because that's awful pricey for some plastic that I couldn't find any mainstream news about in the first two pages of search results. Found a lot of blog stuff but that can either be manufactured or bought so it's probably either a very new product or crap.

Hey there! How about using a non messy and chemical free way to remove the stickers? I read that you have already tried using goo gone, heat guns and other traditional methods. I’d suggest that you use the Wonder Bladeto remove the stickers as this tool is specifically designed for removing stickers on delicate areas and it will remove all residues as if it was never there. The main advantages are:

• Gets the jobs done fast

• It’s Chemical free

• Scratch free

Watch this video:

http://www.dailymoti...nder-blade_news

For more information on Wonder Blade, check the website: http://decalstickerremover.com/

wonderblade_crop.jpg

How are you associated to this product/company?

Customer, employee, owner, etc?

I bought this same kind of tool at Lowes. Admittedly, it was not as cheap as this one. But I didn't pay shipping.

brand/link?

i bought my truck from a masonry company and i am real tired

of everyone asking me about how much it would cost

to do their driveway etc..the guy put decals ALL over the damn thing

i bought my truck from a masonry company and i am real tired

of everyone asking me about how much it would cost

to do their driveway etc..the guy put decals ALL over the damn thing

That would suck big time.

I recently had to get a sticker off plastic. I Used the wrong stuff and it got the sticker off along with half the plastic with it. Turned it into rubber. All my plastic knobs literally fused together. I then went to a auto parts store and they had a can of goo off remover. It turned the decals into goo that almost wiped off. It was made to remove asphalt and tar without hurting plastics. Kind of like zep paint remover. In trying things, I found brake fluid works awesome for removal of sticky's It is corrosive and will kill rubber and petroleum products. If anyone has had a brake fluid leak, it turns asphalt back into gravel. Whatever you use, make sure you try it in a safe ventilated area and on a area to test so it doesn't peel off the paint.

• 2 months later...

wd 40 or goo gone the biggest thing is to let it sit for a few minutes so I can break down the adhesive. If you doing a metal surface 3M makes a great adhesive remover. Comes in a pint can not cheap but the best stuff I have every used. It will melt plastic though. I have even cleaned off old dried up liquid nails adhesive with it. (side note it works great on soap scum also) When we would install the plastic tub kits now and then a little would drip on the tub. Most everything else would just smear it around this stuff took it right off. You can get it at any hardware store.

• 6 months later...

Archived