Kickstart vs Locators R Us

mainor5251

Sports bars can be great spots. You may want to reconsider that decision.

Heres my thinking though. The rack was all candy, no toys including everything that I have my triple set up to vend,skittles, GB's, and PMM. Isnt that going to make the vends twice as hard to get? They will look at all the 7 heads in a row, and then my triple sitting to the side of it, maybe they pick mine maybe not. Also, this location is 7 miles out 1 way from the far edge of my route so I want it to be really good to be 14 miles round trip for this one machine.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jj5580, don't call the businesses. If you do that, why are you using a locator? Just show up. If rob is not working for you, then don't do it if it takes you 7 times to locate a spot. PM me if you need something more consistent.

Ive already paid for 3, Ive only gotten 1 so far. He has my money. Im kind of stuck until I can get my final 2 and then I wont be playing this game anymore. If I just showed up as you say I would have been sent home 3 more times in addition to the 2 I already got turned away from. I would much rather make a 1 minute phone call to verify than to spend all the time and gas involved in going out to a location, especially given my current experiences. I just don't have time to be wasting it driving around with machines in my truck.

Heres my thinking though. The rack was all candy, no toys including everything that I have my triple set up to vend,skittles, GB's, and PMM. Isnt that going to make the vends twice as hard to get? They will look at all the 7 heads in a row, and then my triple sitting to the side of it, maybe they pick mine maybe not. Also, this location is 7 miles out 1 way from the far edge of my route so I want it to be really good to be 14 miles round trip for this one machine.

If it was all candy you should have placed a single or double toy machine

isn't beef o'bradys considered a sports bar cause parents bring their kids there all the time, and toys sell great

Never heard of beef o'bradys, so I can't answer that.

There are none around here.

I would never take my kids to what we consider a sportsbar around here...and I'm no prude.

Serviced a BBQ joint today LRU got me 6 wks ago, it is a double gumballs & mystery mix @ .50. Total was $86.50. The owner asked me if I had temporary tatoos, long story short this location is getting upgraded to a rack.

Good going that's how you do it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Serviced a BBQ joint today LRU got me 6 wks ago, it is a double gumballs & mystery mix @ .50. Total was $86.50. The owner asked me if I had temporary tatoos, long story short this location is getting upgraded to a rack.

Thats good stuff Kelly! My Mom just landed me a nice BBQ/Rib Restuarant today, maybe mine will do good as well, I can only hope!

hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about

That's a beautiful thing. U da man!!!

Add a hoops for good measure.

If I was handleing this situation I would find out what this vendors pc per vend was and I would make mine vend more than his and see if I could take away his business.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a uturn terminator come in on one of my triples and try and pull that mess, he vended what I had and double the quantity. I got the owner to let me put in a rack and after my 1st payment got the terminator terminated and now I have my rack and two triples in there.

If I were you I'd get better candy that is different.

If I was handleing this situation I would find out what this vendors pc per vend was and I would make mine vend more than his and see if I could take away his business.

I had a uturn terminator come in on one of my triples and try and pull that mess, he vended what I had and double the quantity. I got the owner to let me put in a rack and after my 1st payment got the terminator terminated and now I have my rack and two triples in there.

If I were you I'd get better candy that is different.

What do you mean you got the terminator terminated? you actually booted another vendor? U gotta have some respect for other vendors too.

What do you mean you got the terminator terminated? you actually booted another vendor? U gotta have some respect for other vendors too.

Nothing wrong with taking an account.... thats what competition is all about. If you offer a better product and/or service you win the battle, simple as that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am sorry guys I am new to this, but do you get ANY guarantees from kickstart or Locators R Us?  I used to hear of locators offering $20 / month guarantee for 2-3 months ... Anyone doing so? Just making sure I wil receive a prime location with the high locator prices.

thanks

LRU has some guarantees'. Replacement if your location doesn't make enough. I have found 20+ locations are pretty good in my book! As well they have a guarantee if you get kicked out as well.

I am sorry guys I am new to this, but do you get ANY guarantees from kickstart or Locators R Us?  I used to hear of locators offering $20 / month guarantee for 2-3 months ... Anyone doing so? Just making sure I wil receive a prime location with the high locator prices.

thanks

Kickstart will replace the location for the "platinum" package.  LRU will replace for like $15.  The problem is is that they cannot guarantee you a great location, they can only hope to get you one (under charity).  Many of the great locations you have to locate in person and agree on a commission.  A lot of those prime established locations already know how bulk vending works and they are interested in making a little money too.

Kickstart will replace the location for the "platinum" package.  LRU will replace for like $15.  The problem is is that they cannot guarantee you a great location, they can only hope to get you one (under charity).  Many of the great locations you have to locate in person and agree on a commission.  A lot of those prime established locations already know how bulk vending works and they are interested in making a little money too.

LRU has replaced my unsatisfactory locations (multiple times) free of charge.  I think that $15 fee is the LIFETIME gaurantee.  If it's been more than 60 days and you get the boot or decide the loc has become unstaisfactory yo get a replacement for the $15.  But if you decide right away they don't charge that fee. 

(That's been MY experience anyway, your mileage may vary).

I ordered 3 double head locations from them, but none were any good, so I paid $45 ($15 each) to replace them.  Do you think they'd replace these too then, since the new ones aren't great either?

Yeah to be honest guys, I did my first trip today to like 20 stores and got rejections left and right lol 

I also tried a little on the phone with no luck. I am gonna give a shot later on this afternoon but this is definitely not the FUN part.

Archived