Let's kick out service vending

havending

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We managed to get them evicted from a chain of 3 super markets, 1 independent super market, 2 Mexican Restraunts, and 1 Chineese Restraunt. We have 7 racks, sticker machines, Chicken, and a pinball ready to install. It has been a month and a half since the owners and managers have placed calls and they still have not pulled their racks. They were in the area yesterday and did not service any of them, but went to other locations. They are pulling the old "let it sit and sell out trick". We are going to look at options to speed up their removal. These businesses do not have room in the back to set their racks so we can set up, so I'm open to suggestions.

Is there room near the dumpster? Locations only have to use reasonable care. 6 weeks sounds like plenty of time to me. Some times they will leave machines until forced to remove. They will also approach locations asking for another chance to provide better service. I find locations do not like their service people and often that is what boots them. This is only my opinion though.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: After numerous calls from each business owner, Service still has not picked up their racks. Owners have placed "Out of Order" Signs on machines. The two locations that had room, placed the racks in the back to make room. We are meeting with an attorney this week to see what legal options we have regarding unclaimed property and are in contact with the Illinois Dept. of Revenue to confirm that they are are compliant with Illinois State Law by displaying vending machine decals on their machines and that they are reporting the proper information to the State. All they have to do is pick up their racks, but its obvious, they want to play hard ball.

IDR decals must be on vending machines in Illinois as well as on cranes. The fines are substantial. The problem is that the IDR does not consider this to be a big money issue for them.

This makes it very hard to be competative if you  are Illinois based.

Here in the city of Tuscaloosa service has about 60 heads. The city tax here is 80 per head for the first 3 then a min of 80 there after based on sales. So they save about 5 grand a grand a year just by ignoring the city tax. I can never remember seeing a tax sticker on a service machine anywhere to be honest. Remember if they are not filing for permits they are likely not paying city, county and state taxes.

We managed to get them evicted from a chain of 3 super markets, 1 independent super market, 2 Mexican Restraunts, and 1 Chineese Restraunt. We have 7 racks, sticker machines, Chicken, and a pinball ready to install. It has been a month and a half since the owners and managers have placed calls and they still have not pulled their racks. They were in the area yesterday and did not service any of them, but went to other locations. They are pulling the old "let it sit and sell out trick". We are going to look at options to speed up their removal. These businesses do not have room in the back to set their racks so we can set up, so I'm open to suggestions.

First off Id like to ask where in Illinois are you from as Im in Illinois also..

Second just sit the racks outside..send me the addresses and ill bring my truck and trailer and tell them I work for service and Im here to pickup my stuff.. IM KIDDING!

First off Id like to ask where in Illinois are you from as Im in Illinois also..

Second just sit the racks outside..send me the addresses and ill bring my truck and trailer and tell them I work for service and Im here to pickup my stuff.. IM KIDDING!

You bought an Oak Vendor from me a while back. :)

It would not be worth your time to pick up their junk machines. It would be better for all of us in Illinois for them to take their machines back to Missouri.

tell them the machines will be placed outside in x number of days if its not picked up by then,works every time.none of their machines have ever hAD any kind of licensing on them.the sate might be interested in hearing what you have to say about that

We are in contact with IDR regarding their compliance. We have to do the right thing by displaying IDR decals on all of our machines and pay taxes. Why should a big company not do the same? It's bad enough that they get first choice and price breaks from suppliers. They have too much power.

Archived