Date the world comes to an end.

lurker

December 21, 2012

Has anyone else watched any of the shows on the History Channel, and others like the Science Channel, and Discovery, etc... about this?

Interesting stuff how all those different cultures around the world predict 2012 for some type of cataclasm.

The Mayan's, Hopi, ancient Chinese, and others show the same thing.

Now newer technology using the internet is starting to predict calamities too.

What do you think?

Dave

pusherman,

Haaaaaaaa!  Yea that's what the wife and I talked about too.

Sell our vending routes we'll have built up by then. Charge up the credit cards, quit our jobs, and sit back and enjoy the last few months. LOL

Have you watched any of these shows they have had over the last couple of years?

I am just curious what others think about these prophecies.

Dave

I have not watched any of those shows yet but I guess I need to DVR them soon. I don't have a lot of free time. I have heard talk on both sides of the fence and both sides have compelling arguments though. Right now my take is this. Maybe they were going to start a new calendar but they were conquered before they had the chance. For all we know it could be tied in to the full disclosure project.

G-man,

Re: the y2k bug... That's what I compared it to originally. In the case of Y2k though, were there any ancient civilizations predicting the end? Or was it just the bank and credit card companies? :D Oh and a few religious zealots.

Beer,

One show I watched on the History Channel talked extensively about the Mayan Civilization and their calander. Their entire lives revolved around time, dates, seasonal changes, constellation alignments, Lunar phases, and their calander. It supposedly predicted the exact day that white men would land on their shores, and overcome their civilization. (According to the History Channel they predicted that event with dead solid perfect accuracy.)

Their calander was divided into segments and each segment was one cycle. At the end of each cycle the Earth "renewed" itself. (History channel wording, not mine.)

In addition, we are living in the fourth cycle, which comes to an end on December 21, 2012. The Earth is then supposed to come into alignment with not just the planets, but the center of the galaxy. What this means is left to supposition. The experts believe a large comet could hit the earth and destroy much of the planet. Possibly causing large earthquakes, and a shift in the axis of the earth. Even a storm from the sun causing irreparable damage to the earth has been suggested.

One North American Native tribe has had very similar predictions, to the Mayans, down through time. I believe it is the Hopi tribe. They started teaching their children to prepare for the coming event in the 1940's. According to one Native American expert they had on the last show. The fourth cycle that we live in now will come to an end on December 21, 2012, and the fifth cycle will begin.

Some experts did agree that just because these civilizations predict an end to a cycle in their calanders, it does not necessarily mean an end to everything we know. The fifth cycle will begin and life will go on.

Dave

Ah, come on Steve.

That's what I wanted. :D

Go ahead! Start it up!

I think it is all very interesting. It'll be fun to see what happens in the coming few years. All this discussion currently going on in the media, on the WWW, and in private homes, is bound to lead to something. I also believe the hype will continue to escalate right up to the "end".

I will say this too. It also all makes me just a little nervous. Not because I think the end is near, but because I figure some idiot(s) somewhere will think it necessary to die for his/their religion, (and take as many people with him/them as possible), before the "end of the world". I hope, and pray I'm wrong.

That is an entertaining Website isn't it.

This statement captures what I currently believe.

John Major Jenkins, author of "Maya Cosmogenesis 2012: The True Meaning of the Maya Calendar End Date," finds the end of the Long Count to convey hope rather than destruction. "Personally, I think it's about transformation and renewal. It's certainly nothing as simplistic as the end of the world," he told New York Times Magazine.

Am I wrong?

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I find a few things wrong with this video after I slept on it.

1. In the video, they said that the poles will flip. Causing massive flooding, and destruction. In the Bible, God promised he would not flood the Earth again.

2. As Antonio said, surely there will be some warning. We just cant wake up, and walk out into war, gun fire, and total destruction. I have always thought it would happen over a period of time, and once the problems (wars as the Bible says, nature problems, whatever will happen) were to the boiling points, God would return. I guess none of us could never imagine what the final days will be like, but I just don't think it would be like this

Not only do I think God would never make us suffer, and kill us all. When the world does end, and Christ comes in final victory, I do not look for it to be a sad, depressing thing as this website and videos appear.

Who knows, only time will tell. But, God loves us, and I just don't think he would kill us. I am not questioning that. And I never will.

Kyle 

Hello everybody!

Wow, sorry I haven't posted in such a  long time. Been sick, (still am).

I just watched several History channel reruns about 2012 again.

Pretty interesting. I think "something" will happen, but not the end of the world.

I agree that there would be some kind of a noticeable build up to that type of event.

Now watch, starting tomorrow the earthquakes, tornadoes, and floods wil begin. ;)

Dave

Not sure if it aired in the US at the same time, but here in Canada, I worked on "Aftermath: The world after humans"

It was a pretty interesting show, about what would happen to the earth if all humans just disappeared at once.

I did a few weeks on the show here in Toronto, when they were filming animal sequences last year.

Hi Retrovend,

Wow! That's pretty interesting.

I did see some of that program the other day.

Pretty darn good special effects for a TV show.

Crumblimg cities overrun with animals, and all.

What did you do for 'em? Handle animals, or special effects, or advisor, or what?

Just curious.

Dave

• 1 year later...

Everything could be part of it. Personally I don't buy it. I've witnessed too many D-days go by without effect. Baring an incredible economic collapse, I will see the months prior to it as an opportunity to make some incredible deals. After D-day passes, people go back to regular life within a few days, sometimes within hours.

If something happens, I believe it will be a manmade situation, and the timing will be chosen based on the hype around the date. There are so many indicators spread across religions in different parts of the world that at least every few years there will be a culmination of factors pointing to an end date.

Might be a good time to start a business constructing underground shelters though...

• 3 years later...