Date the world comes to an end.

lurker

I'm using the date as an excuse.... I'm telling my friends not to expect a Christmas gift... :)

Same here. I told my mortgage company that November was my last payment because the world was ending this month.

The phone went silent. They didn't know how to respond. :lol:

• Like 1

Wait wait wait.

I am thinking we should all have an end of the world party on 12/20/12. Or at least a virtual one.

We all log in, and start a thread here in the Golpher hole between 8:00 and 10:00 p.m. eastern time, and party like it's 1999...+13.

I will be drinking Jack 'n Coke myself. And will slowly be slurring my typing.

Who's all in?

Wait wait wait.

I am thinking we should all have an end of the world party on 12/20/12. Or at least a virtual one.

We all log in, and start a thread here in the Golpher hole between 8:00 and 10:00 p.m. eastern time, and party like it's 1999...+13.

I will be drinking Jack 'n Coke myself. And will slowly be slurring my typing.

Who's all in?

I like your style Mage. It;s my wife;s birthday that day or I would be all over it! I;ll make sure i;ll have a drink for you.

Assuming my computer still works, (little iffy right now,) I am still going to have my Virtual End of the World Party... Right here.

I will start the new thread, and if anyone else shows up, we will have fun. If not, there will be a record of my decent into alcoholism.

Although Steve W.... I mean Caserri has agreed to be the stripper. (I assume he will set up a webcam, and a paypal lap-dance account -You will have to pay a fee to stop the feed to your computer.)

We can try to make it similar to a new years eve party, but instead of listing our resolutions, we make comments we will regret having said if the world does not end.

I will try to shoot for 9 pm Eastern, 8 Central, 7 Mountain, and 6, that other time zone. (Can't remember what it's called, but when I asked my wife she told me to be specific, so it will be specifically at 6 in that time zone.)

We could make sure to mention all the previous signs of the apocalypse such as Y2K, the Hale-Bopp (shu bopp, shu bopp,) comet, June 6, 2006 (6/6/06), and the breakup of Justin Bieber, and Selena Gomez.

See you then.

Specifically, What day are we talking about? I we wait until the 21st it might be too late

Assuming my computer still works, (little iffy right now,) I am still going to have my Virtual End of the World Party... Right here.

I will start the new thread, and if anyone else shows up, we will have fun. If not, there will be a record of my decent into alcoholism.

Although Steve W.... I mean Caserri has agreed to be the stripper. (I assume he will set up a webcam, and a paypal lap-dance account -You will have to pay a fee to stop the feed to your computer.)

We can try to make it similar to a new years eve party, but instead of listing our resolutions, we make comments we will regret having said if the world does not end.

I will try to shoot for 9 pm Eastern, 8 Central, 7 Mountain, and 6, that other time zone. (Can't remember what it's called, but when I asked my wife she told me to be specific, so it will be specifically at 6 in that time zone.)

We could make sure to mention all the previous signs of the apocalypse such as Y2K, the Hale-Bopp (shu bopp, shu bopp,) comet, June 6, 2006 (6/6/06), and the breakup of Justin Bieber, and Selena Gomez.

See you then.

Specifically, what day are you talking about? If you wait until the 21st it might be too late - in which case I guess it'd all be a moot point anyway.

As a group, the Mayans were not known for their "people skills", so they've got a lot riding on this credibility wise.

Now that is a truly scary thought.... but I won't be here because the world will not be ending.

http://www.scientifi...ocalypse-claims

Ah, you don't want to celebrate with my “tongue in cheek” party then?

Well then celebrate New Bak'tun's eve, with the special end of the 13th Bak'tun, and the renewal back to Bak'tun 1. Something that only occurs once every 5,139.33 years.

Also it is entirely possible there could be an apocalyptic event on the 21st. But technically the chances are the same for any other day.

Also technically the 21st is not when an “event” is supposed to occur, but the start date of some sort of change, so if that were to occur, it may not even be noticeable as having started on that date. But then again there is supposed to be changes that occur roughly every 20 years. (Katun – 7,200 days) Smaller, but significant changes. But that is like saying '32. was different then '52, which was different then '72, '92, and '12.

What the Bak'tun, end of the 13 year cycle really says is that the world will be different over the next 5,139 years then it was over the previous 5,139. That is a damn good prediction.

Real-Mayan-Reason_zps365d25d7.jpg