Small footprint for 2" machine

PerformaVending

Business has been slow for me of late, I think it's the season. I'm making money, just a tiny amount compared to the rest of the year. However, I recently stumbled onto what I think could be a terrific spot. It's in the entryway to a grocery store, and the manager is willing to let me "have" the space. (It's a local thing, he's also the owner). However, the space is tiny. The space is approximately 13 1/2 inches across, and about 20 inches deep. I can go up about 40 inches, but then he has a shelf full of employee awards. He has prohibited candy and gum as they "make a mess" so capsules it is. I don't own any 2" machines, and I'm not in a huge rush to fill this itty-bitty spot. I would like to fill it, as it's a spot sans a commission, with quite a lot of foot traffic. Presently, I don't have any stands that would fit there, but I was thinking I could have something custom made if the need arose. Has anyone ever dealt with something like this? I'd like to do 2" capsules as I can really make some good money here if it works out, and can easily move it elsewhere should it fail. In short, what is the most space-conscious 2" capsule machine out there today? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Did you ever consider a bounce a roo or other machine like it? There are some of them floating around used I am sure. Or, and I positively loathe them, a Tomy machine, they are all over used. but they would fit and give you two 2" selections. Did I mention I hate them? But they would make you some money if you are willing to spend the extra time servicing.

Did you ever consider a bounce a roo or other machine like it? There are some of them floating around used I am sure. Or, and I positively loathe them, a Tomy machine, they are all over used. but they would fit and give you two 2" selections. Did I mention I hate them? But they would make you some money if you are willing to spend the extra time servicing.

Really, I'll work with just about anything I can get my hands on. I hadn't considered a bounce-a-roo, but that would be a pretty good fit. Might have to modify it a little to fit. It's a really tiny spot. As for Tomy, I haven't seen one of those for sale within 500 miles of me. Thanks for the help musser!

NW makes me a unit that would work think of it as a 20 and 25 inch stacked. You can do one or two inch. 6370e564-bee1-8a61.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I have made a killing with tomy machines.

NW makes me a unit that would work think of it as a 20 and 25 inch stacked. You can do one or two inch.

I have made a killing with tomy machines.

Wow, that's pretty cool! I didn't know they made machines like that? I'll have to do some research into a setup like that. Do you know offhand what something like that costs havending? Thanks for the help!

I forgot all about the NW stacked machines. Lol, I even have one somewhere in storage. I know lots of guys make some good $ with the Tomy, I just don't like servicing them. My wife tells me its lack of skill :(

I agree though, in these times take every location you can get!

Wow, that's pretty cool! I didn't know they made machines like that? I'll have to do some research into a setup like that. Do you know offhand what something like that costs havending? Thanks for the help!

one would think you could accomplish the same thing for less money by putting 2 machines on top of eachother with a longer center rod, as long as the top machine has a smaller footprint than the bottom. just have the center rod go through both machines,. no?

one would think you could accomplish the same thing for less money by putting 2 machines on top of eachother with a longer center rod, as long as the top machine has a smaller footprint than the bottom. just have the center rod go through both machines,. no?

I'm in the process of getting quotes, doing research, and calling contacts. I hadn't thought of this, so I'll check this also! Thanks for the help dogcow! I'm thinking about replying to a local ad, and slotting in a small single head (27mm) until I can get a better machine into this spot. I figure I'll start with bouncy balls and see how the location does before investing too much money into it. Thanks for all the help guys!

hmmm...making one yourself...Im trying to picture this! the first thought that comes to mind is I would have the 20" or 25" on the top instead of the bottom.

Using the center rod from the hardware store, you would have to completely remove the top machine to service the bottom one. It seems like you would need reinforcement on the top of the bottom machine where the base would sit. This would seem like a hassle to me. I personally would just put in a 30" machine on a single stand and be done with it, and I certainly wouldnt pay 300 or more dollars to buy one that was pictured. (blue nw)

what I am not to sure about is how to screw the 2 machines together where the lid for the lower machine should be.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

But, dogcow had a great point: the easy fix would be to put a machine with a smaller footprint on top.

Then it could just sit on the lid for the bottom machine.

If using dogcow's suggestion, maybe the two machines don't have to be 2".

How about 1" machine on top of the 2"....that would give you an upper machine whose footprint is smaller than the lid for the lower machine.

Run the long threaded rod along the center of both machines and tighten at the very top.

The 1" upper should have plenty of room to sit on the lid of the 2" lower.

And the upper machine would be held in please quite well if the lock is properly tightened at the very top...I think(?)...

There are several changes NW makes when building them. The front locking doors unlock and flip out easy. Bottom of top machine has a fill space to fill bottom. Bottom of top machine and top of bottom are made so it fits like a puzzle. I'm in TN picking up cranes but can post pics later.

hmmm...making one yourself...Im trying to picture this! the first thought that comes to mind is I would have the 20" or 25" on the top instead of the bottom.

Using the center rod from the hardware store, you would have to completely remove the top machine to service the bottom one. It seems like you would need reinforcement on the top of the bottom machine where the base would sit. This would seem like a hassle to me. I personally would just put in a 30" machine on a single stand and be done with it, and I certainly wouldnt pay 300 or more dollars to buy one that was pictured. (blue nw)

They do about 120 a month so 300 isn't bad.

having 1 inch and 2 inch one on top of the other might even be a better idea Sherlock & dogcow.now someone go make one and show us how!!

Yeah, I'd like to see this too. Well, I've been thwarted again- the guy sold the machine (an Astro (eagle) single head) for $175. Single head, on a basic pipe stand, with minor wear. Evidently if you tack the word "antique" onto something, it's worth exponentially more. I'll keep looking.

Yeah, I'd like to see this too. Well, I've been thwarted again- the guy sold the machine (an Astro (eagle) single head) for $175. Single head, on a basic pipe stand, with minor wear. Evidently if you tack the word "antique" onto something, it's worth exponentially more. I'll keep looking.

You're right.

Adding the word "antique" is often just an excuse to price gouge.

I'm going to add the word "antique" to all of my labels and sell gb & 1" for $6 and my flat & 2" for $8.

It should work...I just need to figure out a way to install a dollar-bill acceptor onto my bulk heads.

:rolleyes:

You're right.

Adding the word "antique" is often just an excuse to price gouge.

I'm going to add the word "antique" to all of my labels and sell gb & 1" for $6 and my flat & 2" for $8.

It should work...I just need to figure out a way to install a dollar-bill acceptor onto my bulk heads.

AA used to have a rack that had no coin mecks but rather a bill machine on the rack and you paid and made a selection. You could price from .05 to 99.95. I never saw one outside the show room though.

Archived