Frugal Tips

Hillbilly

I thought it might be interesting to see what we all do to save pennies or dollars on things we do associated with bulk vending.

Here are some of the things I do.

Pick up empty capsules and cardboard sleeves.

Use bread ties for tying my bags of capsules.

Buy penny items at flea markets to cap and put in my mix.

Please list any you do.

Secondhand machines to get started. A lot of vendors won't touch them, but with a little tweaking they can perform very well. I have an Ultravend and an Evervend that do fairly well despite being plastic "junkers". Craigslist is a great place to find cheap machines secondhand, or ebay to a lesser degree. Of course, the best place to get them is at garage sales, but that's more luck than anything.

I started making all of my own displays some months back.

I was afraid of how not having live displays might effect my sales.

I've noticed no drop-off in quarters, so I'm content to save money making my own displays from here forward.

I've noticed no drop-off in quarters, so I'm content to save money making my own displays from here forward.

That is a great way to save. For any one who doesn't have time to make them most suppliers offer flat displays for a buck or so. Or do what I do break the live displays down a time or two a year. But just the ones you won't use again. Few months back I broke down nearly 300. Added bout 1200 caps to a general mix.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I order one or twice a year a whole pallet load of 2 inch capsules and eggs along with bouncy balls

then a supply of the 2 inch toys and egg toys in bulk on the same pallet

then capsule most of my 2 inch and eggs at home while watching tv or relaxing i can do 500 capsules in a little over a hour

i not trying to crunch any numbers saved except shipping and cost to capsule.

but as long as i have 2 inch empty capsules my next few months order saves on shipping by being one or two boxes instead of 6-10

considering if they come out with new and cool toys...i just order them in bulk and capsule myself.

the 1 inch capsules i just have shipped in...there a pain to work with and the savings is not there as much as the 2 inch and eggs

i dont know what the actuall savings are to be honest capping your own vs. buying allready capped.

and i have 15 cranes that need side fill or candy so i usualy take the loser capsule toys and use those as fill.

that way so i can constantly change out product to new.

I cant seem to get anyone to pay$.50 cents for a spagetti ball or bok chok boys..

so into a crane they go.

on some of my distance routes i have wing Excaps added to the bulk vendors so they hold more product.

if you know anyone looking for the wing Excap addons for A&A and northwestern machines up to 30 inch i have a garage full of them if you can use them

pm me about those i know A&A does not sell them anymore.

bill

That is a great way to save. For any one who doesn't have time to make them most suppliers offer flat displays for a buck or so. Or do what I do break the live displays down a time or two a year. But just the ones you won't use again. Few months back I broke down nearly 300. Added bout 1200 caps to a general mix.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I've done a little of both. Order the flat displays when available or make my own.

Archived