Is this BS From Coke?

rdendy

So I talked to a Coke Rep just now and I wanted to get more info on the 3rd party vendor program that I have read about on here. I was told that Coke is no longer doing that and they are only supporting old, grandfathered in customers. Has anyone else heard the same??

I'd try calling Coke again and see if you can't get another answer from someone else. You never know what motivates customer service reps to say the things they do.

I just talked to my rep last week and he told me that anyone from here on that is not in the gold or silver purchasing program will not be getting machines. Hey Bev I was wondering if you have heard the same.

But bottlers do differ. My customer base is on the border between two different pepsi bottlers and its a night and day difference

So I talked to a Coke Rep just now and I wanted to get more info on the 3rd party vendor program that I have read about on here. I was told that Coke is no longer doing that and they are only supporting old, grandfathered in customers. Has anyone else heard the same??

Its quite possible. I've mentioned it several times over the last several years that as CCE continues to buy up all the remaining independent distributors that it will be harder and harder for new third party vendors to do business with them. Here locally they won't talk to you unless you can prove you have been in business for at least a year.

I have heard about this. Many of the local vendors in my area say that they don't even receive coca-cola third party equpiment anymore. I know that Pepsi and 7up do offer it though, at least in my area.

On the flip side of things, coca-cola seems to have no interest in reclaiming their third party equipment either.

Ok so seems my best bet is to look at other companies, which sucks because my GF who will be managing the route is a DIE HARD coke fan and has forbidden me using Pepsi lol.

Ok so seems my best bet is to look at other companies, which sucks because my GF who will be managing the route is a DIE HARD coke fan and has forbidden me using Pepsi lol.

mtn dew outsells everything else anyway, dont let her screw up your business.

You should do what I did. I bought some gumball / candy machines and told my GF that is her end of the business. I will handle the full line, and she will do the bulk.

I've had to tell my husband time and time again that just because he likes something does not mean it will sell well. And vice versa.

I agree with you all, I talked to her about it again last night, I had already contacted Pepsi to get more info about the program, anyway so after talking about it with her it took a strange twist. Let me preface this to say both of us and our families are gun enthusiasts and believe in gun rights, so apparently Pepsi donates a large amount of money to trying to curtail gun laws and rights, that was her BIG objection lol.

The answer you get from your bottler is mostly based on the number of skids of soda delivered to your warehouse each week.

They will not say it but it is which came first the chicken or the egg.

If you can’t show them the sales they can’t give you the equipment.

Walta

Archived