Lost a Large Location Today

Billnuts

Well, I got the call today

one of my larger accounts says they are closing thier doors on july 1st

out of business

the location did ok, but not great

I had 16 machines inside thier building

racks, stickers, arcade, redemption, cranes...

interactive gumball machines and dollar changers.. even a giant gumball machine.

the thing that really bothers me is they just asked me to add like 5 machines 2 months ago..

so i added a barbercut lite, stacker, super sports arena, kiddie ride on helicopter...

last month was the best month i have ever had there

then they call me today with i got less than 2 weeks to move it all out..

i dont know how you could not know you were that close to closing

and have someone bring out 2500 lbs of games and stock.. not to mention 13k worth of games..

the machines will be relocated and used, its just the point of how they acted.

bill

Assuming you pay them commission - My guess is that two months ago they saw the writing on the wall and they were trying anything they could to bring in a few extra dollars to make a last attempt to save the place.

Assuming you pay them commission - My guess is that two months ago they saw the writing on the wall and they were trying anything they could to bring in a few extra dollars to make a last attempt to save the place.

My thoughts exactly, and by utilizing you they didn't have to put any of their funds out of pocket nor did they have to do the work, so was a simple consideration on their part, but sucks they would use you like that.

Yes that sucks. Often a business owner will do anything to keep the doors open, not accepting defeat until it is inevitable. Some businesses won't lock the doors until they can't unlock them to open for business the next day.

that does suck bill! I agree about they were probably using you to try and raise enough monthly income to make it. In a way your lucky, because they called you and let you know, I know that doesnt help you now but what if your machines were locked in the building and you couldnt get to them? or worse yet they moved them all out and destroyed them to get the money. lawsuits would be in the works then but I doubt they would ever pay you anything.

I just had a mexican grocery store move everything out without notice, I finally tracked down the landlord and she let me in but my rack was gone. phone has been disconnected so its a lost cause. I cant help but think of dperry when I lose machines. :-[

Archived