Long term update from All American Chicken owners?

shepherdsflock

I'm wondering how those on this forum who have had All American Chicken machines out in the marketplace for a year or so are finding their ROI? Are they paying for themselves? Do they significantly outperform less costly machines (like a rack)? I'd like to try something like this in a location or two, but I'm a little hesitant. Any owners care to share your experiences?

I just picked one up so no info on the performance. I did put it in a pizza place that just added a dinning room to their facility. It was mostly delivery and carry out previously. It didn't do so good, but neither did the arcade machine, rack, and shootin hoops. It was the location that sucked forsure. I can see this machine really producing in a good location.

Pizza places are hit or miss. I have one that does pretty well, and one that is a total stink bomb. I'm thinking the key to pizza places is to find one with a party room where you'll have a lot of children's birthday parties. Neither of my pizza locations has that, so I wouldn't put an expensive machine like All American Chicken in them. But, I do see other locations that seem like they could be good places for something like it.

I just picked one up so no info on the performance. I did put it in a pizza place that just added a dinning room to their facility. It was mostly delivery and carry out previously. It didn't do so good, but neither did the arcade machine, rack, and shootin hoops. It was the location that sucked forsure. I can see this machine really producing in a good location.

sorry to hear that man, it might pick up once people realize the dining room is there

I'm wondering how those on this forum who have had All American Chicken machines out in the marketplace for a year or so are finding their ROI? Are they paying for themselves? Do they significantly outperform less costly machines (like a rack)? I'd like to try something like this in a location or two, but I'm a little hesitant. Any owners care to share your experiences?

The All American Chicken should not be used instead of of a rack but in added to a good rack, crane location. Great machine and great service from parsal. Roi has been 3to 4 months

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

hav,

what do these cost appx with shipping? im bidding a big bowling alley and they need some small redemption to replace

some video games . i want to include this in my bid,[ also whats the prize cost are they the same prizes as bulk prizes just

repacked because they do ther own bulk vending and i dont want to do something that would look like its competing

After machine and shipping to Albuquerque, NM I am in it for $1,870. The eggs are just normal bulk junk. A&A sells them by the case of 300 eggs for $25. (so .08 cents per egg). My guess is shipping to Florida would be much cheaper. You are probably looking at $1,650-1,700.

thats not too bad, that includes DBA? thats about 600/700 more than a used crane i wonder if it earns near what a crane does

I use a 2600 mars with a 300 stacker. But any 2000 type will work you can get them all day on eBay for less than 100. They will be at the iaapa show and at the last show they did free freight. So check with them

I know I'm a fool for not listening to havending's advice, but I STILL haven't put a dba on my All-American Chicken.

I may just do it, but I'm still not sure.

I think the earnings it's bringing in now have just got me spoiled so I haven't upgraded.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with my All-American.

I may be one of the only -- if not THE only-- vendor on this forum that actually has both the old 1980's Chicken Machine AND the All-American as part of my route.

I had swapped an old/classic for the All-American in one of my spots just to do an actual head-to-head.

The All-American didn't miss a beat earning what the classic was earning from the get-go.

BUT, I'm happy to report that the All-American has actually started to earn more than I had earned in any previous month or quarter with the classic in this same location.

Could/Would the Classic have also increased in sales? Maybe....but, I am not so sure because the Classic Chicken had never experienced this kind of sales increase at this location over the 5+ years it had been there.

Regardless -- I am VERY impressed with the All-American and can only imagine how sales may sky rocket if I wisen up and add the DBA.

As havending mention, this does not take the place of a rack.

And comparing the two is apples and oranges.

Really, comparing anything but the Classic Chicken to the All-American is apples and oranges, because there's just nothing else out there like this right now.

In fact, it's uniqueness is what I love most about it.

Think about it.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to go into a location and offer something they've not been pitched a hundred times already?

And if said location has bulk, crane, etc -- you might still get in with at least the All-American.

ROI on this for me has been 4-6mos --- WHICH IS AWESOME IMO!!!!

I know I'm a fool for not listening to havending's advice, but I STILL haven't put a dba on my All-American Chicken.

I think the earnings it's bringing in now have just got me spoiled so I haven't upgraded.

I may be one of the only -- if not THE only-- vendor on this forum that actually has both the old 1980's Chicken Machine AND the All-American as part of my route.

I had swapped an old/classic for the All-American in one of my spots just to do an actual head-to-head.

The All-American didn't miss a beat earning what the classic was earning from the get-go.

BUT, I'm happy to report that the All-American has actually started to earn more than I had earned in any previous month or quarter with the classic in this same location.

Could/Would the Classic have also increased in sales? Maybe....but, I am not so sure because the Classic Chicken had never experienced this kind of sales increase at this location over the 5+ years it had been there.

Regardless -- I am VERY impressed with the All-American and can only imagine how sales may sky rocket if I wisen up and add the DBA.

Really, comparing anything but the Classic Chicken to the All-American is apples and oranges, because there's just nothing else out there like this right now.

Think about it.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to go into a location and offer something they've not been pitched a hundred times already?

And if said location has bulk, crane, etc -- you might still get in with at least the All-American.

I have the original toy n joy chicken and the new one. I just placed the new all american at a grocery store in addition to my rack. I have been waiting for a meeting with a bowling alley owner who I have been calling once a week since june first. Im tired of waiting so I put it out last week.

Havending and Sherlock, what kind of locations have you found to be a good match for this type of machine? I have a location right now in a Mexican restaurant that I've been thinking about pitching something like this to. But I also live two blocks away from a new grocery store that might be great if they would allow something like this. Grocery stores are getting harder and harder to locate, they all have policies against bulk machines it seems.

I use a 2600 mars with a 300 stacker. But any 2000 type will work you can get them all day on eBay for less than 100. They will be at the iaapa show and at the last show they did free freight. So check with them

thx for the tip on the free freight! will have to check that out

Havending and Sherlock, what kind of locations have you found to be a good match for this type of machine? I have a location right now in a Mexican restaurant that I've been thinking about pitching something like this to. But I also live two blocks away from a new grocery store that might be great if they would allow something like this. Grocery stores are getting harder and harder to locate, they all have policies against bulk machines it seems.

For me and my area, the chicken machine will do well in nearly every location that a claw/crane machine would do well in.

Sure, there are some more adult-oriented places where a claw would do well that All-American chicken machine may not...but those are the exception.

So, BOTH types of places your scouting (grocery and mex restaurant) would be good for this machine IMO.

If the mex restaurant brings in families, the chicken machine will do well there for you.

If the grocery store has enough customers to stay open, you're almost guaranteed it'll be a HOME-RUN location for an All-American.

Grocery definitely has plenty of customers, but it's a chain and I'm not sure how they'll react to the pitch. I don't see any bulk machines or really any vending machines of any sort there, so I'm guessing they won't allow it. I'm sure I'm not the first to target them, they've been open for about a year. The only vending machines I've seen there are lottery scratch off machines which are owned by the state lottery.

• 10 months later...

Think about it.

Did you ever put a bill head in your chicken? 

Think about it.

I run over 30 of the classic Lucky Egg Chicken Machines & 2 of the new All American Chicken Machines.  I run them in all types of locations.  Mexican Restaurants, bowling alleys, pizza places, laundrymats etc.  All I know is the new machines do not earn any more than the old ones.

I run over 30 of the classic Lucky Egg Chicken Machines & 2 of the new All American Chicken Machines.  I run them in all types of locations.  Mexican Restaurants, bowling alleys, pizza places, laundrymats etc.  All I know is the new machines do not earn any more than the old ones.

I also have DBAs in both of my All American Chickens.  I am a huge proponent of putting DBAs in all of my redemption games but it hasn't had as big of an effect on my chicken sales as I had hoped.  It definitely increases redemption/crane sales by 30-40%. 

Second chicken update.

My second chicken after 1 month made $280. It is in a Chinese grocery store. Very impressed with those numbers. No dba but I'm sure a dba would do even better. Onto the next chicken. I will keep you posted.

I see on here that some folks are awe struck with the new chicken machine. What do you see as being their largest marketing advantage?   Is it due to their smaller size compared to a crane?  I mean, for a few hundred more dollars, a nice crane can be bought. Just saying. I guess i should more thoroughly read the hundred posts about the chicken machine.....  

Archived