Long term update from All American Chicken owners?

shepherdsflock

It's the best location cracker I have seen in a long time and it makes good money. The small footprint lets you squeeze it in a lot of places a rack, crane, or other equip won't fit

I agree if you walk in to a prime location with a chicken flyer it's mostly a done deal.

These guys on here know this its been said over and over by respected operators. Why they don't belly up and buy I have no idea.

Often times I hear operators say that there are two types of vending. Comm and charity but all the time I spend on the site I now think there are still two types but its serious and non serious operators. The serious ones invest and move forward and non serious buy a few machines here and there.

• 3 weeks later...

Service question:  do you service the machine from the front?  I have a location with a redemption pinball machine in a mexican grocery store that used to do about $100 a month, that was until an a-hole put a coin pusher beside of it.  Problem is now there is a solid wall behind the pinball machine that didn't used to be there and now i can't add product at the rear of the pinball machine as it is designed to.  How do you think the chicken would fare next to a coin pusher? 

• 3 months later...

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Face -

I hope all this mess didn't strain your relationship with Frank, because I know you guys become really great friends over the past year.

Mainor-

Yeah, think I'm off the Christmas card list. Got unfriended from facebook a while back when I wouldn't post despite his prodding. Easy to see now there was never a real friendship I was more of an advertising ploy.

Originally Posted by Fried Chicken-

You mean Frank was trying to get you to say good things about his machines, even though your experience with them wasn't all that good ?

Mainor-

I posted about them at first more out of appreciation for him financing machines but once I started having problem after problem I wasn't willing to make up positive posts even at his prodding just to keep him happy. The machines can be great earners when there working. If there was a similar machine of higher quality for around $850-1000 brand new I would be a player. Current chicken with its lower quality and lack of reliability shouldnt be more then $550-600 brand new at the most.

Fried chicken-

Wow. That is unbelievable! I take my hat off and salute you for being true to your principals. That is rare these days. I am proud you resisted his pressure to give favorable review to his crappy product. He brings great shame upon the Eppy Charm heritage.

From Dictionary.com

noun

a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house, auction, confidence game, etc.

a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

From Wikipedia.com

"Shilling is illegal in many circumstances and in many jurisdictions[1] because of the potential for fraud and damage"

Im no legal expert, but I think ParSal, the other forum etc. may be at risk for legal action from anyone who bought these machines and had damage (loss of sales or sales that were significantly different than the sales numbers posted)

Thanks to Mainor 5251 for the straight scoop and for posting it on this forum where the info will not be removed or manipulated.

Service question:  do you service the machine from the front?  I have a location with a redemption pinball machine in a mexican grocery store that used to do about $100 a month, that was until an a-hole put a coin pusher beside of it.  Problem is now there is a solid wall behind the pinball machine that didn't used to be there and now i can't add product at the rear of the pinball machine as it is designed to.  How do you think the chicken would fare next to a coin pusher? 

bigger question why arent u running pushers? sounds like u recognize the advantage of running them

Lets look at some facts. James did not loose a dime on his machines.  The only thing he paid for from Parsal was eggs.  So he was able to use the machines for free through the summer up until I went and picked them up a few weeks ago. He was unhappy so Parsal allowed him to walk away from a contract free and clear.  There is no other supplier anywhere that will let you use their machines to earn money for several months then just walk away.  If you know of one the please post that company here.  James lives in a seasonal area I have advised him many times to spread out and include some more all year locations.  If you finance machines for seasonal locations your other machines must be able to carry you through the winter or you need to store nuts for the winter.  Location is key for any machine be it a rack, chicken or crane.  Of the locations I visited picking up machines there were none that I would have placed a chicken in.  Chickens should be placed in busy places such as a super market or busy buffet.  Maybe these places are a slam dunk in the summer but you can not depend on that alone.  All 8 of the chickens were shopped out by us and all work fine with no problems some are on location and others are being staged.  When you get into machines other than standard bulk you need to be able to make repairs or have a trained staff member.  Of the two machines that we made repairs to one just needed the power supply turned up.  One had stripped gears in the motor.  The cause was using caps too big for the machine and the cap jammed up the wheel and just stripped the motor.  We had one in stock and replaced it in  min.  Parsal is a transparent company and has openly asked for suggestions on how to improve the machine.  And I trust that they work hard to make a quality machine.  Does that mean that there will not be issues of course not.  And for all the comments knocking it as an import don't you all sell imported toys in your machines?  Don't many of you own import machines?  Many of you on the out side looking in will never know the whole story but Frank was very good to James.  He  gave him a line of credit when no one else would.  Frank did not look at where James is or has been but looked at where he could be but James did not run with it.  He had an industry leader for support and did not fun with it.  At one point James was wanting to sell his business to frank but there was just not enough meet on the bone.  IMO James was not yet at the point money wise to take the next step.

So before you all jump on the band wagon thinking you know what's going on get some facts first.  BTW I love my chickens they all make money every month and I fun a 10%cog with them. 

Unlike James my chickens are in earning locations so I am very happy.  Placed more last week and have some staged to go out

Well it sure looks like Frank is a heck of a good guy. Free machines, wow. Am I reading the post correctly, Mainor only had 8 chickens??

He had. 9 total the first one he financed and when his new baby was born he cleared his account as a gift. So no they don't just give out free machines sorry to disappoint. You know frank was given a machine at birth I guess he was paying if forward.

hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'd buy moire chickens if they were as reliable as my TNJ chickens and cost 400 to my front door.

Until then I'll stay away from the import chicken.  I do think more of the All American Chicken than Oak's singing swine...............Well maybe not................

Archived