Buy or pass?

That machine is called an Office Deli. I don't know which biz op company sells it but it is built by Seaga with parts sourced from overseas. I had to replace a bad compressor in one and it uses a Samsung compressor sold primarily to a refrigerator manufacturer who apparently never sold their stuff in the US. The compressor can not be found in the US and Samsung would not respond to requests for a source. Seaga would only sell the entire condensing unit for $800+. I finally found an Embraco cross-over that would work, but it took me 2 weeks to find it. Other parts are available for it but Seaga has some of the highest parts prices in the business. For example, Seaga only sells new logic boards, no repaired boards, and the board for the Office Deli is over $400. I know they repair boards to use as warranty exchanges, but they won't repair any boards out of warranty. No one in the repair industry can repair them either because Seaga won't release the schematics for the boards Their tech support is very limited in knowledge and they claim to have no wiring diagrams for their machines. They also will tell you some parts are not available to purchase even though a machine has the part on it.

In other words, this machine and manufacturer are not recommended for serious vendors.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That machine is called an Office Deli. I don't know which biz op company sells it but it is built by Seaga with parts sourced from overseas. I had to replace a bad compressor in one and it uses a Samsung compressor sold primarily to a refrigerator manufacturer who apparently never sold their stuff in the US. The compressor can not be found in the US and Samsung would not respond to requests for a source. Seaga would only sell the entire condensing unit for $800+. I finally found an Embraco cross-over that would work, but it took me 2 weeks to find it. Other parts are available for it but Seaga has some of the highest parts prices in the business. For example, Seaga only sells new logic boards, no repaired boards, and the board for the Office Deli is over $400. I know they repair boards to use as warranty exchanges, but they won't repair any boards out of warranty. No one in the repair industry can repair them either because Seaga won't release the schematics for the boards Their tech support is very limited in knowledge and they claim to have no wiring diagrams for their machines. They also will tell you some parts are not available to purchase even though a machine has the part on it.

In other words, this machine and manufacturer are not recommended for serious vendors.

ANTERAS,there was 8 for sale here about a year ago but I don't know what happened to them.

John

You'll be fine if you use a name brand combo like a Crane/National, AP or USI side by side machines (2 or 3 wide snack and 6 sel. soda). Don't buy one of USI's machines that have snacks and soda in one cabinet, though. That machine is nothing but trouble.

what problems are you seeing from these machines? I have two (TIGHT locations), and have had few problems with them.

Sorry, didn't see the earlier reply. I guess I should have kept reading before responding.

Golfdogs,

If you or anyone else owning one of these machines have any problems, just let me know and I can walk you through a few things. I have worked on a couple of those and am familiar with the machine. I have also worked on several other Seaga machines so I can help with those as well.

Sorry, I should not be that generic with models. No, I was speaking of the old 3155 model of a few years back. The last iteration of that machine was in 2002. After that they actually produced some with the big selection buttons and the GVC controller, but the earlier ones are just about junk now. The cabinet and door, especially, are so heavy that the machine just starts to fall apart, structure-wise. The door won't line up, the sheet metal on the door get loose and bent, the can chute will start cutting cans, the coin chute to the coin box jams, it can be a mess.

Now I suppose there might be a pristine old 3155 out there, but I doubt it. I did sell a Dixie Narco yesterday in pristine condition. It was an MPC machine (remember those) with factory paint and sign. It cleaned up real nice and totally impressed the customer.

Wittern has done some really innovative things with vending equipment in the past, others ideas....well..... AZ, seems like you've been around long enough to remember some of the older USI equipment, do you remember the Menu Mart and the Menu Mart II from the mid to late 90's? Not one of their better ideas was it?

Mission,

I go all the way back to the old Fawn 5 select soda, Fawn 15H, 25H, and 30H snacks, Fawn coffee, and Fawn cigarette. Back when Vendo and USI were together as VendoUSI, also Choice Vend sodas, National 222 and 800 cigarettes, Rowe 530 cigarettes, Vendorlator sodas, Rowe horizontal drum full size snack machine, Vendo snack machines with only one motor and the spirals were cable driven, Vendo Visivend cold food, National FM72 food, then the Menumart, the BV1 slave for bottles, and on and on and on. Good times with all that old stuff. Things sure have improved over the years.

Golfdogs,

If you or anyone else owning one of these machines have any problems, just let me know and I can walk you through a few things. I have worked on a couple of those and am familiar with the machine. I have also worked on several other Seaga machines so I can help with those as well.

That is my biggest frustration with Wittern. Calls to their service department typically have me on hold for 10-20 minutes. And their parts are pretty pricey.

Mission,

I go all the way back to the old Fawn 5 select soda, Fawn 15H, 25H, and 30H snacks, Fawn coffee, and Fawn cigarette. Back when Vendo and USI were together as VendoUSI, also Choice Vend sodas, National 222 and 800 cigarettes, Rowe 530 cigarettes, Vendorlator sodas, Rowe horizontal drum full size snack machine, Vendo snack machines with only one motor and the spirals were cable driven, Vendo Visivend cold food, National FM72 food, then the Menumart, the BV1 slave for bottles, and on and on and on. Good times with all that old stuff. Things sure have improved over the years.

Back when a case of soda pop was only a nickel!

Good times with all that old stuff. Things sure have improved over the years.

Oh yeah, the BV1, my PTSD from the experience allowed me to forget about that one, thanks for the flashback ;D

I wouldn't quite say good times with all that old stuff, unless of course you were a repair tech. :rolleyes: But, Yes, things have gotten a lot better over the years

Archived