Buy or pass?

Found a route for sale and was wondering if this was a good deal or if i should pass.

2 royal soda machines (10 selections not sure capacity) have bill validators

1 snack machine 3 wide for chips (19 total selections) with bill validator

does a total of $100 a week for all 3 right now but does almost double in the summer (so he says)

at a pretty big apartment complex, one soda's outside and the other's inside by the snack machine

also said most of the money's made from the soda

He's asking $4000 for everything(machines plus products in it). Let me know your guys opinions please!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Royals are great machines (if they're his). Try and get us a model on those. The 3 wide snack machine is probably a Wittern (USI, FSI etc) - not really my favorites.

Being that this is predominantly a soda account, you will see much higher revenues in the summer. Soda machines usually outperform Snack machines so what he's told you is correct.

I'd go 4K if the Royals were the newer Merlin series - if not I'd negotiate it down. How much probably depends on the local market.

At least this guy is not in dreamland - most people selling locations are insanely high on their valuations

So if he is grossing $100 a week ($400 a month), then profits are probably about $250 a month at the most. At that rate, it would take you 16 months to pay back, round it to a year since the summer months pick up.

If the machines are his and he is selling everything, I will still tell him no more than $2500 if you can verify sales.

Travis

Both sodas are royal 650. The snack is a usi 3039. What is the most i should pay for these?

The soda machines are the smaller Merlin series - a current model. The USI is a Wittern brand, made in Des Moines. The Wittern machines are pretty much the Chevy's of snack machines.

I'd say you have about $2500 in equipment plus the value of the locations would be right at $4,000 around here. Note that account prices will vary, depending on where you're at.

This should be an easy account to service as it's mostly sodas and you can do it anytime. Snack machines are always a problem for beginners. One machine makes it difficult to control the product flow so you don't get killed with stales. Given that this is a 3 wide machine, it will be easier to keep stocked. You'll probably want to buy the combo chip packs and candy bars until you acquire more machines.

Good Luck

I've negotiated it down to $3000 but that's for just the machines and locations. No product, no money in it, and no locks, i'd buy my own lock anyways. Is that still a good deal? I have another snack and soda machine so it could help with the stales. Buying new products doesn't bother me, i just want to know i'm still getting a good deal. $1000 a machine in location already sounds pretty good to me but want to know a more experienced persons opinion

Actually got it at $3500 now including everything

Yep,

You should be ok with that deal but you really won't how much it makes until summer hits

You'll like those Royals - they'll vend anything with no additional shims

Okay he also said the snack machine is actually a 3 wide leltrovend. Does that change anybodys opinion?

An older "chevy". If this snack machine turns out to be real seller, upgrade it to a 5 wide - otherwise I wouldn't worry about it (the money's in the sodas)

Okay he also said the snack machine is actually a 3 wide leltrovend. Does that change anybodys opinion?

A really old "chevy"..

I would say it must be around 15-20 years old or maybe even older so you may find it hard to find spare parts. I am not sure what they are worth in the states but I would only take one here if it was "free".

What model lektrovend is It?

The best person to ask would be Venddoctor.. he is like a "encyclopedia of vending" when it comes to older machines.

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys i bought it yesterday. I'll keep you updated to see if hos numbers add up. If everything's good. I got a bunch of really good leads from him about locations he used to have but sold them and new person is doing an awful job sevicing! So this could potentially be my first vendor that could help me in person and expand. Just need more money. Don't we all

Well guys i bought it yesterday. I'll keep you updated to see if hos numbers add up. If everything's good. I got a bunch of really good leads from him about locations he used to have but sold them and new person is doing an awful job sevicing! So this could potentially be my first vendor that could help me in person and expand. Just need more money. Don't we all

What's this guy doing keeping tabs on ex accounts he's sold to somebody else? That smells really bad - I'd hold this guy at arms length

No no.. He's had a few accounts that he used to have call him saying they want him back because the other guy's not doing a good job. Like people he was friends with and talked to

You should be okay then

At the very least, you could buy those 2 soda machines from a distributor for about $1400/each. The snack machine, if it is in good shape, could go for $500 so I don't think you really lost out on anything. The worst case scenario is that the location sucks and you need to find better locations so don't sweat it too much but realize that it scares me when someone starts selling a bunch of their locations and you hear claims that the "new guys" aren't doing a good job. It's possible that the locations do terribly and the new guy sees no point in filling the machine and watching products expire so he's just looking for a new location.

So just went in today and switched out some products on the snack machine to ones i already have and talked to the manager. He said the service from the previous vendor was awful and he was going to kick them out next month if it continued. But i talked to him about everything and how i handle business and by the end of it he ended up asking me to get another snack machine where the soda machine that makes the most money was

Archived