snack shop?

TKK

Yes, TKK I would buy it. First thing your going to need to do is upgrade the bill acceptor with a mars vn2500, they make a kit that replaces everything, that is what I would by. After that tuff front it and put it to work.

mike

They are selling a snack shop model 7600 d 510 looks old but has a bill validator and they want $300 obo. Is this like a crappy polyvend or a decent machine

http://albuquerque.c...3603063032.html

Yep,

I still use these for my "Barbarian" accounts. Great machine - solid as they come and lots of parts available through VEII. The only downside is the control board won't allow the BA to accept more than 1 bill at a time - making tough to sell things over a buck.

Like Mike says, slap a VN2511 and TRC6000 setup in there and you've got the toughest machine on the block.

$300 is great price as long as it doesn't need a new board or a bunch of motors.

Said everything works looks old. How much is that validator upgrade

Probably $250 for the BA and coin mech unless you've got suitable trade-ins - then you're looking at about $150 for both.

Well worth doing if you want a problem free machine

Yep,

I still use these for my "Barbarian" accounts. Great machine - solid as they come and lots of parts available through VEII. The only downside is the control board won't allow the BA to accept more than 1 bill at a time - making tough to sell things over a buck.

Like Mike says, slap a VN2511 and TRC6000 setup in there and you've got the toughest machine on the block.

$300 is great price as long as it doesn't need a new board or a bunch of motors.

I could use four more of these type of machines! All I can find around this area is (junk)! I have a few like moondog calls them "barbarian" accounts that empty's my smaller machines.

mike

I just found another one in my city it looks like this one hut older with wooden look.

Snack shop 5000? Anyone know about that one

They want $250 for that one. So for $550 I'd get the one listed and the 5000 snackshop..just wana make sure they are ok machines

I just found another one in my city it looks like this one hut older with wooden look.

They want $250 for that one. So for $550 I'd get the one listed and the 5000 snackshop..just wana make sure they are ok machines

I've got one AP 4000 and about a dozen AP7600's - I don't see too many of the 5000 and 5500 series or a lot of parts for them, so I figure they didn't make huge numbers of these. Stick with that 7600 and you won't go wrong. My AP4000 is a good machine, but I was much, much younger when it was made so I would avoid buying anything that old.

I have 3 5500's they're the same machines as the 4600's only 4 wide.

John

In my opinion it is too late in the life cycle of an AP 4000 and 5000 to be a buyer. Not that is anything wrong with them in there day.

This was APs first machine with a logic board. It was not designed with a bill acceptor in mind, most had a aftermarket kit installed. They were not in production nearly as long as the 6000 and 7000 models there are a lot aftermarket parts for 6-7000s.

Walt

As far as upgrading is it a must? I mean of all motors work and coins and bills are accepted is there a must to upgrade all that? So that ap5000 for $250 isn't a good deal ?

As far as upgrading is it a must? I mean of all motors work and coins and bills are accepted is there a must to upgrade all that? So that ap5000 for $250 isn't a good deal ?

I haven't paid over 125 for the ones I have.I bought control boards to upgrade them to MDB I haven't had any problems since.

John

I wouldn't bother with an AP-5000 unless it had mech and val, worked good, and was dirt cheap ($300 or LESS). Also, I wouldn't put money into an AP-5000 UNLESS it was GIVEN to me... and then I would just try to upgrade the validator for cheap.

However, you can upgrade the crap out of the AP-6000/7000 series as others have mentioned. I bought a VN-2511 for about $100, spent about another $50 on a mounting kit/harnesses, and I had everything together in about an hour or more. It took me a little bit longer because I didn't realize that I had the wrong bezel when I started but it was pretty straight-forward.

I am willing to spend up-to $900 on an AP-6000/7000 machine (especially the AP-6000) if the machine is in great condition and already has a good validator. However, I don't mind buying these things dirt-cheap and upgrade them myself. To think, for about $250 in upgrades, you can have a well-functioning machine. For about $750 in upgrades, you can have a drop-sensor and all MDB technology. For $1100, you can make these things look like new and act like new, but for that type of money... I would start investing into a newer model machine that already has all of the bells-and-whistles and has more parts readily available.

Plus, to be honest, an AP-6000 that is in really good shape (no dents or dings on the cabinet) still looks pretty good and a lot of customers don't even realize that it's an old machine.

Here's a note though, if the machine has an ardac validator in it, you REALLY want to upgrade it to a better validator. I do NOT mind Maka's compared to ardacs. I try not to hate anyone or anything but ardacs are good candidates for hating.

Archived