bought these 2 machines today

TKK

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume you mean the Tuffronts website. It is www.tuffronts.com. After exploring the site, click on "The Original TUFFRONTS", then after reading that page click on "List of available machine kits." This will open a PDF file of their available kits. The prices they show are apparently now lower by 20-50% because of change in the business. When you call them they will explain the new pricing. Basically the individual kit price of $39.95 is now $29.95.

There is a motor test built into the AP 6000/7000 RAM clear.

the RAM clear is not publicly documented and not worth the trouble as a motor test.

I would set all the prices to .05 and vend all selections on coins

If It were me I would move them standing up everything is designed to be upright.

If you turn off escrow the machine will take two 1 dollar bills but if you push the coin return before making a selection it will return coins not the bill you inserted.

It looks like you need to replace that 1980 bill validator

Walta

TKK, be vewy, vewy careful with glassfront vendors that have elevators and are branded Coke or Pepsi. That equipment is some of the latest out there and unlikely that it was sold off by any bottler. CCE in Arizona sells off none of their equipment, it is all sent somewhere out of state. I would recommend verifying the validity of the machine with the bottler before buying.

Anyway, sticking to cans is smart for a couple of reasons. They are easier to get all flavors in, lower sell price, less bulky to handle, and the machines are more simple. Now arguments can also be make for bottles. They are resealable for the customer, you make more penny profit per sale than cans, you can get a higher price point. The penny profit is the comparison of pennies of profit per can sold versus pennies per bottle sold. You will have a lower profit margin on bottles, but you will earn more pennies per bottle.

There is a motor test built into the AP 6000/7000 RAM clear.

the RAM clear is not publicly documented and not worth the trouble as a motor test.

I would set all the prices to .05 and vend all selections on coins

If It were me I would move them standing up everything is designed to be upright.

If you turn off escrow the machine will take two 1 dollar bills but if you push the coin return before making a selection it will return coins not the bill you inserted.

It looks like you need to replace that 1980 bill validator

Walta

Yep.

That's a VFM validator - if it works today, it won't by tomorrow. Go with a Mei 2511

No change is necessary to put a Mars 2501/2511 validator into an AP 6/7K snack machine if you already have a Mars VFM in it. For that matter, no board change is needed unless you were converting to MDB. The harness is the same for each, but you will want a 500 bill stacker that can be opened from the side like the VFM you have now. The 2500 validator will also need the 9 pin power harness on it, but then it's a slam dunk.

TKK, further up in the thread Walta posted that if you have both option switches on the AP 7600 board turned off, the machine should take more than one bill, but not escrow either of them. As I mentioned before, SW1 turns escrow on and off, and escrow is the ability for the validator to take a bill, give credit but hold the bill in the belts so that if the c/r is pushed, the validator can give the bill back. In order to take more than one bill, you must have one price set in the machine over $1. With escrow off (SW1), the validator should take the first bill, give credit and stack it and do the same if a second bill in inserted. I'm rebuilding an AP7600 for a customer in my shop and I will test this feature when I get the board back in itl and let you know how it works as I can't remember the last time I acutally tried this.

TKK, be vewy, vewy careful with glassfront vendors that have elevators and are branded Coke or Pepsi. That equipment is some of the latest out there and unlikely that it was sold off by any bottler. CCE in Arizona sells off none of their equipment, it is all sent somewhere out of state. I would recommend verifying the validity of the machine with the bottler before buying.

Anyway, sticking to cans is smart for a couple of reasons. They are easier to get all flavors in, lower sell price, less bulky to handle, and the machines are more simple. Now arguments can also be make for bottles. They are resealable for the customer, you make more penny profit per sale than cans, you can get a higher price point. The penny profit is the comparison of pennies of profit per can sold versus pennies per bottle sold. You will have a lower profit margin on bottles, but you will earn more pennies per bottle.

Sounds like the cans vs bottles discussion that is pinned in this section. Agreed beware of "used" glassfronts on CL.

TKK, Please disregard my last post. I left out some information and the site won't let me edit that post. Please read this entire post for correct info.

Just as a reminder to everyone, the current software setup allows for editing of posts for up to one hour after initial post.

ok, i just picked up a usi gf19 i think. its the one on cl i posted. all works great! got it for $380 and they even brought it and unloaded it to my storage, im very impressed with this unit. has very simple yet very nice functions, and i have to say i love the size. i think this could easily be setup in a $400 a month location and service once a week or every 2 weeks. im sure it fits atleast 200 cans, and like 300-400 snack products. very easy to program and message as well, has a bv and coinco mech. came with keys and a manual. i am buying machines like crazy but cant get locations, stupid coke and pepsi are located here in town and theres 2-3 multi million dollar vendors as well. i will get them going for sure, i am picking up another one of these usi units tomorow for $500. also an AP for $250. and a costco combo machine (has like 24 snack and 5 drink) for $100. i was even thinking of buying that tabletop snack machine for $120 and placing it at a haircut place i had with a triple would make $40-$50 a month, im sure i could do double or triple that with snacks, what sucks is its small and would have to get serviced weekly

63BB6FA7-orig_zpsb453f101.jpg

does anyone know what paint to use to paint this AP 7600, it has a ton of paint strips, its the one i paid $250 for

47543C61-orig_zps1e7f834b.jpg

5BEEBDAD-orig_zpsb474f5bb.jpg

i am literaly looking for vending machines like 10 times a day on cl. found a route but its 4 hrs away lol. grosses $38,000 a year, 16 machines, guy wants $15,000 including a dodge caravan. i just wouldnt be ok with driving there once a week. wish it was closer id jump on it.

That is a great deal TKK.. the satellite drink machine looks like a CD-6 which is a can only machine but for the price you paid I wouldn't be complaining!

If you are looking at painting your AP7600 I would check out this thread that RJT posted showing how he does it. He uses Rustoleum paint for the sides.. check it out

That is a great deal TKK.. the satellite drink machine looks like a CD-6 which is a can only machine but for the price you paid I wouldn't be complaining!

If you are looking at painting your AP7600 I would check out this thread that RJT posted showing how he does it. He uses Rustoleum paint for the sides.. check it out

http://vendiscuss.ne...igslist-refurb/

I take a more detailed approach.

1) Sand the body of the machine and wipe off the dust with a wet rag - let dry

2) Roll on a coat of Rustoleum primer

3) Pull out all shelves and remove trim and vend bucket, coin slot, etc. - while it's drying

4) Sand again and wipe clean - let dry

5) Roll one coat of Rustoleum Satin Black - let dry 4 hours

6) Remove all price holders from shelves and clean shelves and coils with 409 (check for bad rollers). Clean the rest of the interior now that it's open

7) Clean trim and price holders thoroughly - lightly sand painted door frame, vend bucket and other exposed metal and wipe clean

B) Roll one last coat of Rustoleum and spray paint door frame, vend bucket etc. with same color.

9) Replace price holders on trays and install trays.

10) Replace trim and new Tuff Fronts along with vend bucket and coin slot etc.

Voila! It looks like new and only takes about eight hours (with some beer breaks) - not necessarily all in the same day. I usually have a break in the middle of the operation while I"m waiting on parts from VE or wherever.

Do they sell Rustoleum Down Under?

Wow, what a good deal on that vending machine. Where are you finding all of these? I've been looking on craigslist and ebay, but it is still challenging to find something. I also will need to rent a vehicle to move them, when I find one. Any ideas on rentals :-)

I'm finding them on cl. I just move on them asap and I'm very good at negotiating. Tomorrow I'm picking up a crane w new bv and coinmech for $400 its on a location but he says it only makes $100 a month. Will keep posting pics. I'm trying to get another 10 machines I just can't find good places for them!

Can you paint over the wood?

NOOOO he says with an aghast look on his face. ^_^ If you want a professional look and for the front to look as good as the freshly painted sides, you need to put a Tuffront kit on it and maybe some new trim. I have seen a machine where a guy painted the vinyl and it looked appalling, not to mention he even got paint on the trim that he didn't remove.

The AP 7600 in your picture above looks like the trim is all scratched and gouged up as well. You can get an entire new trim kit for the machine that will even eliminate the large trim section above the glass which is leftover from the apparent original look of the machine which was called Imperial Crown.

I promise you that if you put all this time and money into the machine you won't regret it. Your account could possibly think it's a new machine. In the 1990's I put several remanufactured Rowe 447C's into retail breakrooms and I had many positive comments about how new the machines were even though they were 15+ years old, out of production and nothing as fancy as the round-turret Rowe 548's that I was also buying new.

Man those tuff fronts look tuff to order. I looked them up and the website sucks it looks very general is it easier calling? I don't wanna mess with that vinyl wrap looking thing I think the pannels are best

You will need to call them because their website still shows the old pricing. They have changed ownership and dropped the prices 25 - 50% across the board. Call and ask them for the "original Tuffronts", tell them the model of machine and place the order. A black Tuffront kit is now $29.95.

If you just want to look at the product online, go to their site and click the image on the right for "Original Tuffronts" then when the page changes there is a link to a PDF of their kits and prices.

so today i went and picked up another USI snack/can machines. got these for $500. its weird because they are the same as the ones i got yesterday except for the fact that it has diferent BV and one says cold drinks this one says something else. this week im picking up 3 more :( im tired of buying machines and no damn places. getting a crane, an ap, and a combo one im getting for dirt cheap. the place where i went to pick up the usi was a small airport, and they only charge $280 to skydive! i am definately going to do it. anyways heres some pics :)

1F6E49CF-orig_zps17e71ca8.jpg

DBC5736B-orig_zpsd20914fa.jpg

92C10CFA-orig_zps6ecba06a.jpg

what my 15x10 storage now looks like keep in mind my coke ones arent here i really have to stop and count how many i have already. i need a day to go locating.

2A1B41D4-orig_zps57cc26f2.jpg

1DDA0736-orig_zps7101bd07.jpg

heres the one for $100

the bv looks very new as it takes $5s and all, and the coinmech too. 3 of the soda motors are burnt out, anyone know where i can get them? they are hooked up easy with 2 wires, the guy said that the snack spirals use the same motors?

DFFE9DC7-orig_zpsb4d3804e.jpg

comes with keys, manual, and all. even receipt from sams, for $4,289 lol

TKK, you've been picking up some smokin' deals lately. This last USI pair looks great!

As you have seen, there are a wide variety of stylings that Wittern/USI/Federal/Selectivend/Fawn/Avanti et al put on these machines. Sometimes it depends what brand they were sold under, sometimes it depends on when they were built. You can find differences in some of the motors in these machines too, especially in later models like those with the Avanti name on them. You will also see a variety of coinage in these machines depending on which manufacturer Wittern was aligned with at the time. You will find Maka from Japan, then Coinco for several years, and now to Conlux which is the new name for Maka. You will probably find that the only $5 bill the validator takes is the old small portrait bill or maybe the monochrome large portrait bill. I doubt it will take the newer colored $5 bill that is about the only one in circulation now.

Conlux, by the way is owned by Mars Electronics and Wittern has the master distribution license for the United States. And since we're on the topic, Coinco owns Royal Vendors. Crane owns Automatic Products, Dixie Narco and now Mars Electronics, too. The vending world is getting smaller every day.

Now, about the motors for the little combo machine. I don't recognize the machine so please give us any info about it that you can. Is there a name or model number anywhere on it or in the manual, and I mean it could be anywhere even by the compressor or behind the coin mech, etc?

Now get out and set some new stops!

Archived