Coke machine price check

http://losangeles.cr...3723380635.html

Any good? If not what should I be looking for?

I have about $600 to invest to get my feet wet so suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

That's a bit steep for a single priced machine. With your budget you need to look for a machine in the $400 range so you'll have some money left over to stock it and possibly pay someone to move it in.

My preference would be a big Royal 768 or 804. You will find some of these in your price range occasionally but they hold 20 plus cases so you'd need an extra 2 bills if you plan on filling them up.

The photo makes it difficult to see the machine. I can't tell what it is so you will need to contact the seller or go see it yourself. It could be anything and you'll need to provide the model number off the machine or good photos of the front of the door, inside of the door showing the coin mech and validator, and inside of the cabinet before we can tell anything about the machine. About the only useful thing he mentioned is that it's 7 selections. This along with it being a Coke machine means it will probably have 8 columns and cols. 1 & 2 will be tied to the top selection button. This is the standard Coke setup. From that it could be a Vendo V407, DN 368, 501, Royal 376, or other possible models.

So I should be looking for a 768 or 840. is there particuar place I can read up on those machines?

The 768 is the Merlin IV with individual motors for each column (and holds 768 12 oz cans) I've got several of these but they're not common in this area. More common are the GIII's which could be an 804. The one in Azusa is a GIII but you'd have to look at the ID plate to know for sure. The GIII's use a chain drive system which only uses one motor for vending all columns. I've also got several of these and have never had a problem with the chain drive.

Royal's website has all of the more recent manuals available for download.

Here is a second machine. The owner says he doesnt know the brand nor the model of the machine

http://losangeles.cr...3728492783.html

This machine is a Royal GIII but I couldn't tell if it is 72" or 79" tall. It looks to be in great condition and the price is good. Again, look for a bottler asset tag or the machine serial number to check on bottler ownership. The AVT sticker he shows in the ad is a Vending Company's location id tag so, again, check with Coke on the ownership of the machine before forking out any money for it.

Moondog and Kiwi these 2 would be the barometer of cheap or down right tight...ed!!!

Hrrumph, hrrumph, hrrumph

............... I don't know Kiwi, sounds like Ron's been driving down the wrong side of the road again - or maybe his jon's just flushing backwards ;D

Hrrumph, hrrumph, hrrumph

............... I don't know Kiwi, sounds like Ron's been driving down the wrong side of the road again - or maybe his jon's just flushing backwards ;D

I thought that was funny until I realized that............. I drive down the wrong side of the road & my jon's just flush backwards as well!

I've also got several of these and have never had a problem with the chain drive.

I guess mine have more sales and wear and tear than yours :-* I've had to replace a couple of chains, not a big deal, pretty easy to do, it just takes the whole machine down when it happens.

I guess mine have more sales and wear and tear than yours :-* I've had to replace a couple of chains, not a big deal, pretty easy to do, it just takes the whole machine down when it happens.

Two chains? Sounds like somebody forgot to sacrifice his bucket of chicken ;D

http://losangeles.cr...3728492783.html

Looks like he updated the photos, waiting on a picture of the serial number etc.

It looks just like a GIII 804 I have located in Azusa - right down to the graphics. The plate with the serial number is often missing on these as it originally said "property of coca cola". I'm sure this one came from the same bottler.

It looks just like a GIII 804 I have located in Azusa - right down to the graphics. The plate with the serial number is often missing on these as it originally said "property of coca cola". I'm sure this one came from the same bottler.

So if I cant find a serial number, is this still a good deal?

Going to see this today.

Definitely a Royal. And probably an 804. And I must agree that I wish I had more Royals.

Now I think I have to go call a doctor. I agreed with moondog 3 times, so I must be sick..... :)

Definitely a Royal. And probably an 804. And I must agree that I wish I had more Royals.

Now I think I have to go call a doctor. I agreed with moondog 3 times, so I must be sick..... :)

Yeah,

Just think, if you had more Royals you might have enough parts to get some of them working :rolleyes:

Will do. Hows the price? Think I should haggle or is that a good price?

The price is good. I've seen them higher and occasionally lower. Check out the validator and coin mech while you're in there as upgrading these can cost a couple hundred bucks.

Archived