All American Chicken month 2.

Billnuts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it is time for me to jump in on this debate.  I have 2 of the new chicken machines & 30 of the original chickens.  I have refurbished & converted all the originals to $.50 vends.  One of the new ones is in a very busy Mexican restaurant & the other is in a 24 lane bowling alley.  All I can say is the new ones do not make any more than my original ones!  I can buy & refurbish 5 originals for the price of a new one.  I do understand that the new one can get you into accounts that other bulk machines wouldn't.  It is easy to sell the originals too though.  There is a lot of nostalgia connected with the original & owners remember them from when they were kids.

Why would some one waste their time saying that the earnings from the chicken is so bad??

Do some of you really actually believe that they are hiding a gold mine??

Many of the people with low numbers don't post negative about cranes, does that mean they have a motive to want to make people waste money on cranes that really are losers???

Bulk vendors are weird people. You can see that by the odd behavior they exhibit on this forum. Nothing is out of the realm of possibility. Many experienced vendors come here and intentionally spread incorrect information to mis-lead others. I've seen it so many times since I started this forum that I find it hard to believe anything that is posted here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Bulk vendors are weird people. You can see that by the odd behavior they exhibit on this forum. Nothing is out of the realm of possibility. Many experienced vendors come here and intentionally spread incorrect information to mis-lead others. I've seen it so many times since I started this forum that I find it hard to believe anything that is posted here.

Come on Caserri even you cant truly believe that. If people just come on here to spread bad information why even visit the forum? I know almost everyone that has posted some bad numbers and in all honestly these people are the friendliest and most helpful people on the forum!!! They give mer all the advice I need, tips when I ask, give me some good ideas for locations, and one even sent me free parts and paid shipping out of his own pocket. All I am saying is when the majority of chicken owners 95% are saying they see low numbers thats saying something. And yes I trust these people with advice.

It's not bulk vendors that are strange but people in general are odd!!! You never No people's motives which is true but that is not fair to push that onto the people that are reporting low numbers, Because if that is so I would question the one or two people posting these "EXTRAORDINARY" numbers that no one else is seeing. I would then also question the very few people defending the people with these high numbers or accusing other peoples motives. I am on no side here as I always state. However I will state that I trust all of the vendors reporting these low numbers. They have all given me good sound advice.

Why would some one waste their time saying that the earnings from the chicken is so bad??

Do some of you really actually believe that they are hiding a gold mine??

Many of the people with low numbers don't post negative about cranes, does that mean they have a motive to want to make people waste money on cranes that really are losers???

I totally agree with Action here. They told me cranes do good but never said oh you have to go with this brand. They did tell me some good brands. As Action stated previously, the meters would help clear this up!!!

Let me see... I've been running this forum almost 6 years. Yes, I do believe that because I've seen it played out over and over again. The names change but the BS remains the same.

Get yourself some more experience in this industry and you'll see it too and understand why it happens.

There are many factors that determine machine performance. Location, machine mix, even weather can play a part. In the hot summer months people eat less at the buffets and eat less heavy foods. There are vendors with higher numbers to report but why would they? The know that vendors who won't even invest will question them. Adog why would I buy and continue to buy if the machine didnt give me a great return? Do you think I just have money to burn? I don't I run my business very tight and use every dollar wisely

I have nothing to gain or lose. I have one chicken machine on location with a dba. It was placed 3/12/13 in a small town grocery store where I have a 9 way rack, crane and a AAC. The rack makes around $100/month the crane makes $190/ month and the AAC makes $54/month. I will say I will buy more AAC - I love the size and ease of moving just roi is not where I want it. 100% honest review I love having it and offers me more variety and a way to increase income. One machines on location doesn't give an accurate estimate in all places.

Theres many different paths vendors can choose and number of them that can all make you a successful vendor. The one I picked was the bulk vendor that provides toy, gumball and amusement machines. The path I chose can be approached several different ways. The way I approach it is utilizing several different types of machines mainly used racks, used cranes and a few other used amusement pieces. Im not at the point I can throw out several thousand dollars a month on new equipment. When I got the opportunity to meet Frank Parisi of Parsal my thoughts were his machine really doesn't fit my approach of buying used equipment to get the quickest ROI. I was very interested in adding more interactive machines to my bulk vending line up but knew the cost of the chicken would prohibit that. After spending a day with Frank and explaining where I was at with my biz he offered his advice of several differnt paths I could go with plenty that did not include the chicken. After telling Frank I would love to add his machine to my line up but cost was a prohibiting factor he offered me a financing option that allowed me to start recieving chickens and product 2 weeks later. I would love to be able to have other options even less expensive options to fill the need the chicken fills but until the quality of the machine, the money they make and the support Parsal provides my biz will keep me in the chicken biz for years to come especially after getting a glimpse of the future of Parsal and some things in the works. Theres also no other machine manufacturers having meetings with me and wanting my input on machines and products also offering me options that are tailored to biz needs. Also havent dealt with any suppliers that I can get in touch with at 5pm on a Sunday afternoon.

On a side note a couples weeks ago me and my wife had our second child Grace, a 8lb 11oz baby girl. Frank messsged us to congratulate us on our new addition. A couple days later I get a call from Rob from Parsal saying that Frank told him we just had a new baby and he wanted to do something for us so he had Rob zero out my account balance with Parsal as a gift. This to me speaks volumes to what kind of guy Frank is.

Btw the deals I have gotten from frank never came because what I was willing to post, you dont need to be a member of a vending forum to be able to partner with Parsal. I post my support of Parsal and the chicken out of courtesy to Frank.

Yeah I figured how to move under performing machine pretty quick hav when I first started. Again you said you wouldn't invest if theydidnt do 400. What changed?

I got to thinking about this post and what has changed?  To be honest I still go for max profit per location and 400 is where I want to be.  That being said to turn away a location for the All American Chicken that can pull 100 plus a month would be a mistake in my book.  I have about 1650 invested in a new chicken.   1500 freight 100 DBV about 50 to 75.  Even at 100 a month that is a far better return than the DOW, S&P or any bank.  Not to mention one of the best things about the machine is that it gives you the upper hand in locating and taking locations. There are a bunch of locations I would have never gotten with out the Chicken.  I have hear from locations " that's a good machine"  or "kids love it"  once I was called and told "the kids want eggs" machine was out.  

There are many vending operators that put too much focus on the fast return.  Nothing wrong with a fast return in fact vending has some of the best returns out there.  But its foolish to dismiss a machine because you think the returns may not be as good as what your used to.  Esp. with so many other things the machine can do for you.  It takes nearly 2 million to open a fast food place and they earn it back a few cents at a time.  so would some of you never buy a fast food place because the return is not fast enough.  Tooling and machines to make caps or eggs you looking at close to a half a million.  What if AA said well it just takes too long for that ROI?  Where would you guys be?  I have been doing this for 18 years and have and this machine will help me for the next 20 years.

Don't be foolish!!!!!!!!!!

There are many vending operators that put too much focus on the fast return.  Nothing wrong with a fast return in fact vending has some of the best returns out there.  But its foolish to dismiss a machine because you think the returns may not be as good as what your used to.  Esp. with so many other things the machine can do for you.  It takes nearly 2 million to open a fast food place and they earn it back a few cents at a time.  so would some of you never buy a fast food place because the return is not fast enough.  Tooling and machines to make caps or eggs you looking at close to a half a million.  What if AA said well it just takes too long for that ROI?  Where would you guys be?  I have been doing this for 18 years and have and this machine will help me for the next 20 years.

Don't be foolish!!!!!!!!!!

Easy there...It wasn't long ago that you were claiming anything less than a $450-$600 monthly return on the All-American would make the machine an unwise investment at $1500.

Up until recently, that "foolish" way of thinking was YOUR way of thinking even with your 18 years of vending experience.

You have changed your views on ROI recently and now those that have not gone through the same change with you are "foolish"?

That's absurd, especially when you consider some of us shaped our views on both "ROI" and the All-American because of posts made by experienced vendors like you who were initially unreceptive to the new chicken machine.

Only a recent change of heart has lead you to this new way of thinking regarding ROI....but you were not an unsuccessful vendor when you posted your initial doubts regarding the AAC were you?

If vendors with a few years of vending experience are "foolish" for sharing your old views on ROI, what does it say about you for holding on to those exact same beliefs for 18yrs?

I was foolish for demanding that the machine make x amount before I would put it out there. After seeing what the machine can do is sales and for my business in terms of easy placement and gaining sole vending rights it's well worth the investment. There seem to be lower numbers on the machine out there and I'm saying that even if you experience lower numbers its still a great investment because there is still a great return and the machine is great for any route.

I was foolish for demanding that the machine make x amount before I would put it out there. After seeing what the machine can do is sales and for my business in terms of easy placement and gaining sole vending rights it's well worth the investment. There seem to be lower numbers on the machine out there and I'm saying that even if you experience lower numbers its still a great investment because there is still a great return and the machine is great for any route.

Makes good sense to me. I do not doubt your logic.

I just thought it was a little close-minded to call those who hold on to your old views "foolish" considering it took you almost 18yrs to realize your current way of thinking.

Any machine that costs $1650 and does $100 a month in sales is not a good investment. Your profit after commission and COGS is around $50 a month. 33 months to break even. That's assuming that none of the sales are taking away from your other equipment in the location and that the machine will continue to do $100 a month 3 years from now. Two unlikely assumptions.

If the machine is helping you get into locations that you couldn't get into otherwise, that is a big plus. Especially if at some point you can add additional equipment. Much better than paying upfront bonuses because in this case you will be generating some profits from the machine and you will have an asset that can be reused if you lose the stop in the future, Whereas, bonus money is gone.

**Do not read this as a positive or negative review of the All American Chicken Machine. I have not tried one yet and would not attempt to encourage or discourage anyone from buying one.**

Makes good sense to me. I do not doubt your logic.

I just thought it was a little close-minded to call those who hold on to your old views "foolish" considering it took you almost 18yrs to realize your current way of thinking.

Didn't mean it to come across that way. Just wana make sure others are open minded

A unique machine that is easy to place is great but good revenue is the more important, not just for R.O.I, but because it reflects the machine's popularity. If the machine is popular the location should be happy because they are making good commissions and their customers are happy using the machine. If the revenue is low then the machine is not popular and If there is another vendor there, the location will at some point notice how much more they make with them vs. you and the location will most likely be lost.

If a machine is not money maker...why bother?

I'm not a closed minded operator nor foolish. Actually I'm quite diversified with a emphasis on bulk vending. Here recently ive stepped up my cranes and glad for it. I'm also glad that egg vending is making a come back. As ive mentioned in other blogs innovation is good for everyone serious in this business. How each operator dictates their investments and how they come to terms with their own shift is business shouldn't be ridiculed or past judgement upon. I have passion for this biz along with many others of my peers on here, and I Will always keep my eyes open to make myself succesfull.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Archived