Industrial Coin Counter

jerry1973

For $50 you can't miss too bad but I wouldn't expect much out of it if it is already heavily used.  They do wear out and become more of a hinderance than a help.

Any of you ever used one of these?

http://store.datafinancial.com/glory-cp11-coin-counter.html

I have found one locally for $50!!! I think I would be dumb to pass it up.

I purchased a similar one a few years back and ended up at $250 after I had it refurbished - still a good deal considering that these things are a must have item if you're doing any kind of volume.

What you don't want to do is buy one of the cheap plastic ones - you'd be lucky to get 6 months out of one of those.

The other thing you'll want to be on the lookout for is a good bill counter.

Ive always been partial to scales. Scales faster, smaller, lighter and quiet. There use to be a chart on here for weighing quarters by ounces or you can measure in grams then divide total by 5.67 then divide that by 4 and I believe that will give you your total. I would buy just to resell.

Ive always been partial to scales. Scales faster, smaller, lighter and quiet. There use to be a chart on here for weighing quarters by ounces or you can measure in grams then divide total by 5.67 then divide that by 4 and I believe that will give you your total. I would buy just to resell.

Not good for the bank though.  Too many junk coins in the mix.  We use a scale on location when we need a count on site.

If your rolling coin I could see this being ok to use. But the best way we have found is to do coin ship at the bank Super easy

Looks like a bagger to me.  It may have roll attachments but I wouldn't mess with that assuming you have enough to make bags.

Not good for the bank though.  Too many junk coins in the mix.  We use a scale on location when we need a count on site.

Looks like a bagger to me.  It may have roll attachments but I wouldn't mess with that assuming you have enough to make bags.

My banks sorter kicks out foreign/junk coins. If your bank has a sorter/counter then I can't see an advantage of a counter over a scale.

It's nice if your bank has a counter you can just dump in to but I'm not that lucky. We do federal reserve coin ship. Basically the way it works is we weight on site and if there are coins other than quarters we don't worry about it too much hassle to sort on site. At the shop money goes in to a sorter that kicks out anything that is not a quarter and service tickets are audited to the bag. Sorter counts and bags 1000 dollars in quarters into special plastic federal reserve bags. Bags are taken to bank and credited instantly. Quarters go off to federal reserve banks.

I don't think the bank would be very happy with me if I walked in with 300-500 lbs of coin for them to count.  Besides the majority of my locations are counted on site at all.  Grab and go and do the counting and accounting at the office.  I count and sort directly into the coin bags that go to the bank.

I don't think the bank would be very happy with me if I walked in with 300-500 lbs of coin for them to count. Besides the majority of my locations are counted on site at all. Grab and go and do the counting and accounting at the office. I count and sort directly into the coin bags that go to the bank.

Don't see why not, I do it every week.

If you are doing any volume of rolling you need an auto wrapper. You can also bag with them and they sort the odd coins out.

Most of them have bag stops too.

Scale is a must for on location.

Your time is your most valuable asset, use it wisely.

We used to roll that sucked big time. It's super easy sending raw coin off to the reserve. We had a roller didnt like it

I have the older version of this counter. Glory makes great counters, much more accurate than scales and actually faster because you don't have to pick out stuff. Great deal, jump on it!

I dont pick out the junk (not very much to begin with) so being faster I dont see it. Im sure it is more accurate but im counting quarters so I dont care if im .32 off. I take in product and everything else I need in a small cart so I only make one trip in service, clean, weigh and pay and im out the door.

I wouldn't even consider lugging this dinosaur around to locations. It probably weighs 25-30 pounds. 

By the time you get done locating a power outlet and set this monster up. i have already weighed my coins paid the commission and am on to the next stop. 

Archived