Balloons for 50 cents?

shepherdsflock

So, Mjacks' post about his balloon machine made me realize that a machine like this would be a great fit for a small space I need to fill in a pizza place. I've got three Nortwestern heads sitting in my basement, and I could just grab two of them and put them on one of these machines. The problem is they both have 50 cent coin mechs and I have no 25 cent coin mechs for Northwestern machines.

What do you think the chances are that balloons would sell at 50 cents?

I am switching to the punch balloons at .50 when I make the switch over.  I can't justify to myself increasing the price and leaving the same product in the machine. 

Well I think he has the set up with the inflator. You may want to do punch balls at .50

The inflator is the machine I'm talking about. I've got a spot about 24" wide by 13" deep that I want to fill at a pizza parlor and this looks like just the right machine for the job. Unless the puch balloons are much smaller than the ones I played with when I was a kid, I simply can't imagine stuffing one in a 1" cap. Are you sure those punch balloons are a 1" item?

The inflator is the machine I'm talking about. I've got a spot about 24" wide by 13" deep that I want to fill at a pizza parlor and this looks like just the right machine for the job. Unless the puch balloons are much smaller than the ones I played with when I was a kid, I simply can't imagine stuffing one in a 1" cap. Are you sure those punch balloons are a 1" item?

They are a one inch vend or two inch. I sold the hell out of them one inch .50. I need to reorder them.

Shepherdsflock, just an idea, I have a 2" capsule balloon product called Balloon Heads that contains a balloon and a strip of stickers that can be used to build a face on the balloon. Some even have mustaches in the cap.They run $27 for a 250ct box. Suggested vend price is 50¢. http://www.2flatline.com/2capsules.html

They are a one inch vend or two inch. I sold the hell out of them one inch .50. I need to reorder them.

Where are you getting punch balloons in 1" capsules? I can't find them on anyone's website.

Shepherdsflock, just an idea, I have a 2" capsule balloon product called Balloon Heads that contains a balloon and a strip of stickers that can be used to build a face on the balloon. Some even have mustaches in the cap.They run $27 for a 250ct box. Suggested vend price is 50¢. http://www.2flatline.com/2capsules.html

That's a neat idea, but I don't think a 2 inch head would fit on the pump base. I think I'm constrained to a 1" head.

AA told me they only ship the .25 balloons from the west cost warehouse.

I ordered some in bulk and they shipped from Maryland.  I put them in 2" caps @ .50 and they are selling above average.  Way better than I expected.

Just ordered some punch balloons from A&A and one of the clown balloon pump stands that Mjacks has been using. Going to give it a try in one of my pizza locations and see how it does. If it does well, I've got a few other locations I might buy some for.

Just ordered some punch balloons from A&A and one of the clown balloon pump stands that Mjacks has been using. Going to give it a try in one of my pizza locations and see how it does. If it does well, I've got a few other locations I might buy some for.

You got that clown stand from Impulse?

You got that clown stand from Impulse?

Yes, I ordered a refurbished one from them. If it does well I might order a couple more for some locations I have that I think something like that would do well in. The price isn't terribly high, though higher than I would normally want to pay; but it is completely refurbished and should look brand new and comes with a warranty. Just doesn't come with any heads, but I've got some NW 60 machines in my garage waiting for something to do.

I know they (Impulse) had a show special for $99. A really good price for a solid unit, with a quality air pump. The old Eagle Vending used to sell these too, but used a cheap pump. I think this stand was invented by Don Lemke 'back in the day'...

• 2 weeks later...

The punch balloons arrived last week from A&A and the pump stand arrived yesterday. I'm going to put the heads on it and replace one of my 1800 triples with this machine later this week at a pizza parlor. The macine looks great, and my 4 year old and 2 year old wouldn't leave it alone. I think it should do pretty well. I'll post an update after it's been on location for a while.

Archived