Anyone do nerd gumballs?

RikaKazak

AA has some of the most expensive prices for gum and candy that I've been quoted anywhere. Maybe I don't order enough to get the "discounted" rate? It's kind of a double edged sword though. If they gave me better prices it would be much simpler to just order everything from one place.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

• 2 weeks later...

I only use Nerds they do very well.

Doing the numbers if you collected $500 on regular gum to break even selling Nerds that route would only have to do $525.

Of course that comparison is if you bought the nerds for $30 compared to $21 for regular gum.

What is the consensus ?     Will the Nerds increase your sales by at least 5%?

I personally think Nerds will easily increase sales by 5% , which might only come to an extra .50 a month.

Fred

Yeah im split on the nerds gum. I use strickly Sams D.B. Sale anywhere between five to ten cases weekly. Never had any complains about the freshness. Personally I would only run the nerds at .50. Sure I could buy a pallet of nerds, but enjoy the ease of buying from sams each week.

Yeah im split on the nerds gum. I use strickly Sams D.B. Sale anywhere between five to ten cases weekly. Never had any complains about the freshness. Personally I would only run the nerds at .50. Sure I could buy a pallet of nerds, but enjoy the ease of buying from sams each week.

Same here for about a year we did order gum from suppliers but its just not worth it. I think the freshness issue was an old problem that got fixed and people just keep bringing up.

• 3 weeks later...

Use Nerds if you are trying to run a competitor out of a location.  A Nerd gumball, in my little world, kills the Double bubble. Get a case or two of the Nerds from sweetworks and give it a try.  I wouldn't use them in all my gumball machines, just in special locations.  

Last I checked at A&A Nerds gum was on the higher end of $40's.

$43.00 per box. But it is a unique item as stated earlier. Depending on the location and demographics, we also see a shift towards different types of gum that parallel with the season. Sour and citrus gum sells more for us in spring and summer. Now, we're beginning to get increasing orders for Green Apple, Apple Cinnamon, Cherry, Black Cherry, Grape, Hot Chew Cinnamon and Coffee and Ball of Fire in 1080 ct. .

Archived