What do you do when your servicing a Location and Pesky kids

Billnuts

This Question Is for people with Racks and Cranes

I Have several locations with 8-15 Machines inside

One location is a Family run business the other is a large open marketplace

Cranes, Stackers, Racks, Sports Arena's  Air Hockey Etc.

I Having issues with the owners kids or kids who are there all day with their parents running a shop

Not their customers kids

They hover, follow,  invade personal space,  reach in open machines.

Makes it impossible to move quickly and have to watch everything.

I spoken to the parents and does no good

one of them being the owners 8 year old son and 2 friends

what usually takes me a hour took 2 1/2 hours   three 8 year olds  hovering and hands everywhere.

Cant accuse the owners kids of stealing product or cause to much trouble

its a tough subject to enforce

I am planning to switch stock days for these locations on school days now

anyone else have any other methods besides mace, taser, or a golpher woopin stick?

I have the same problem with one of my cotton candy machines.

Since the theater opens for cleaning between 10-11am, and then opens for movies at 11 am, the owner only wants me to service/clean the machine during that 10-11am slot.  So changing times isn't an option. 

I couldn't find a good solution, and just "dealt with it" :(  Takes me a LOT longer when they're there, I kind of just factored it in as a downside of the location as far as if I want to keep the location or not.  If you figure out a good way of dealing with them, PLEASE share.

(they're home schooled too, so school starting didn't fix the problem either)

Bill I have not had to deal with pesky kids yet, but pesky employees. I have a nice China buffet where the counter lady is always very nosy when it comes to product rotations. Last time I was there she asked for a certain capsule. Of course I gave it to her but I sure hope she doesn't think it is going to be routine.

why would everything be open at the same time? work on one machine at a time.

Yes that's why it took 2 1/2 hours

Go to truck get stock for the sports arena...  open sports arena... fill and test.. take stock for sports arena back to truck... rinse and repeat

cant bring all the boxes  full of stock in with me all at once like I usually do,  your in a machine, and your back is to the stock and customers and 3 Bebe's kids..

bill

Give them a job like carrying boxes or give them a rag and ask them to wipe down the machines. Tell them if they do a good job then they can pick out whatever toy they want. Maybe that will keep them busy and out of your way.

Ha funny story is I have a pesky old asian cook at one of my places. For some reason he loves the sugar tattoo's. I honesty think it's for him to lol. He has a few real ones and might want to add some ha. Last time I was there he had me pick through all the stickers to find four that he wanted. I was just going to give it to him but was happy when he gave me 4 bucks for them :) Just found it funny that he would want them.

• 2 months later...

What Nate9303 and Moondog are saying makes the most sense to me. I was definitely the type of kid who'd hover around the vending guy at school when I was younger and would have been fully turned off if he'd try to play the "friendly guy" or "talks-a-lot" info guy.
It's easy to play "swipe a bag of chips from the quiet guy with his back turned", but not so easy if you take a little control of the situation. Pay so much attention to the kids that they're turned off of trying to swipe from you or give them a job so at least they're earning the payout and you're doing less work.

I have now brought a employee with me or a friend to volley off the kids and get me items and stuff from the truck

only for these 2 locations and  to be honest they are in a war zone part of Detroit..

so the backup to watch my butt is needed more than I know

prying eyes watch you count money and try to leave   

last thing I need is knocked in the head and robbed

Well, sounds like a second man is best for you then!
Do you do any outdoors machines in Detroit? I was staying in a less-than-friendly neighborhood in Brooklyn recently and noticed a lot of shops had racks out on the sidewalks all night. I was surprised to see it because there are basically no machines in the street here in Toronto - I'd wondered about what the robbery factor in servicing them might be.

I had a kid driving me crazy when I was working on a coin pusher. I finally asked why he wasn't in school, but it turned out it was a holiday. My favorite thing is when they try to shake the pushers. When they set off the tilt siren I always tell them that it is wired to the police station. One time right after I told a kid that a cop car whipped into the parking lot. The kid walked away pretty quick, but if he had stayed, as soon as the cop walked in the door I was going to point at the kid and say' "There he is officer!!! Arrest him!!"

i always use the "this machine is very dangerous and i dont want your kid to get cut or electrocuted" with the parents and that helps but i get what your saying about those really pesky kids..

the pesky-est kids are the waitresses at the china buffets!! I put my bag of plush on the ground and they start picking through it,, they pick up the toys and hold it up to me saying " Oh it row pretty" hoping ill give it to them and i just say "she she"(thank you in chinese) and take it away..if they every really want one and i cant ****** it back without playing tug of war i just say ask the manager or owner if he wants to buy it for you and i charge his commission for the toy EXPLAINING  it to him that the toy was charged but at his "discount partners price" of only $5 ..

he normally tells them to leave me alone after that happens a few times.

This Question Is for people with Racks and Cranes

I Have several locations with 8-15 Machines inside

One location is a Family run business the other is a large open marketplace

Cranes, Stackers, Racks, Sports Arena's Air Hockey Etc.

I Having issues with the owners kids or kids who are there all day with their parents running a shop

Not their customers kids

They hover, follow, invade personal space, reach in open machines.

Makes it impossible to move quickly and have to watch everything.

I spoken to the parents and does no good

one of them being the owners 8 year old son and 2 friends

what usually takes me a hour took 2 1/2 hours three 8 year olds hovering and hands everywhere.

Cant accuse the owners kids of stealing product or cause to much trouble

its a tough subject to enforce

I am planning to switch stock days for these locations on school days now

anyone else have any other methods besides mace, taser, or a golpher woopin stick?

I might get in trouble for this question in todays pc society but are they black kids? I ONLY have this problem with black kids no other kids ever bother me while I'm servicing they might watch but nothing else .its only black kids whotry to grab stuff out of the crane while I'm servicing and the parents are never to be found

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

Archived