another route

TKK

Found another great deal. Huge building 150 employees. 6 machines. Soda and snack. 900 gross a month. Dropped to 4k. What sucks is I spent 4 k this weekend on machines. So id have to sell A location I have. Its a seaga combo that makes 220 a month. With high prices. The guy offered me 2500 for the location. I dont want to dig into my monthly earnings. Ive been selling accounts well bad ones for a premium and machines easily doubling what I paid. Bad thing is he has low prices like most you guys. Cans at. 65 chocolates at. 75 small chips at. 55 texas cinamon at. 75 no comission. I know I can raise prices by adding different product..

Man so turns out all 6 machines are freaken antares lol. All are like New with changers. All spread through the 2 story building. I think they could use a snack and coke machine in each floor. I could boost up.sales for sure. Getting rid of 6 antares would be a pain in the golpher. Im sure I could sell em to some suckers for $3-$400 a piece. But is this location worth 2k hmm

Well as you know Antares machines are not worth dime one, so you'd be buying just the location that you would have to equip. 150 people can be seved adequately with 2 sodas and one snack. At most one soda and snack on each floor, period. I also wouldn't pay more than what you can sell the Antares junk for. You will definitely build sales with full size snack machines so you can count on that at least. You might just have to walk away from this one if you can't get it at the right price though.

Well now he said 3500. Its a great location the employees almost live there soo much they have a daycare, hair salon, and a gym for the employees. Idk if I should buy it and flip it?

Well now he said 3500. Its a great location the employees almost live there soo much they have a daycare, hair salon, and a gym for the employees. Idk if I should buy it and flip it?

I'd sell the Seaga location and unload that puppy then buy the new location as cheap as possible and unload that crap, then put in real vending machines which the account will truly appreciate.  If they are as busy as you say, they will enjoy using good machines without getting change from one and putting coins in another only to turn a knob to get their product.  If this kind of equipment is in a good location, you must not have very good competition out there.

Im surprised this equipment is there really. Supposedly he says they wanted accessibility having multiple machines so they can get to them and back to work. He said 3600 with all.inventory and profits and change. I dont know why he doesnt have pricing at. 25 increments. I think I could boost sales just by that I mean doesnt the changer give you quarters? So for someone to buy the cookies or Cokes has to have 15c in their pockets?

The changers might be quarters only or they might be nickle, dime, quarter payout.  The prices in the machines can be adjusted in nickle, dime or quarter increments, but you have to have the parts to do so as each knob has to be taken apart and adjusted.

If you buy the account and they demand that the Antares machine remain, you might just want to flip it then.  I would only offer centralized machines on each floor for the number of people they have.

ok, well i went to look at the location its freaken huge. as in it should be making 2-3k easy a month. sure and behold, antares machines. they are in excellent condition, and all have working bill changers. i asked how the hell has no one tried to take this location, and he said the owners favorite sodas are diet pepsi and fanta grape. so pepsi couldnt sell fanta, coke couldnt sell diet pepsi. the business belonged to an old man who sold to him. the owner is the second richest man in texas. or something like that. he has random things everywhere. i think i could do great there i could atleast put some of those usi side by side machines. however every single change in product the account manager has to approve it. he had too much variety, i saw....diet pepsi, pepsi, coke, root beer, diet coke, coke zero, fanta grape, sunkist, sprite, dr pepper, 7 up, fruit punch, and even one called fresca? id want to change to basic ones as id have to buy these at probably walmart. pricing is low but then maybe decent for members here...no comission.

cokes .65c

tx cinamon bun .85c

snickers, kit kats, reeses, twix .75 (WTF right)

penut butter crackers .65c

smalll doritos .75c

famous amous, knotts, grandmas cookies .65c

cheese its .55c

id like to change alot of them to say honey buns, get rid of some chocolates put trail mis, rice krispies, bugles, tgif etc lower cost products. 

hes leaving all the product, and more whatever he has at home, as well as all the money inside which should be 2-300 easy.

7718A159-orig_zps97356896.jpg

EDB8029D-orig_zpsfac7e596.jpg

I guess if you can make a ton of money there as is it's worth leaving it alone. At least you know you can put mach in later that you can sell anything out of. It is bizarre that no other vendor with their own machines has tried to pick it up. You could always do Bevmaxes with all those soda flavors in them. Even if you stop by a grocery store for a 12 pack of Fresca once in a while, a Bevmax would be a huge upgrade there.

I think they have tried before but the Lady incharge of the Vending and all tells them they are happy with their service. He leaves $10 every 6 months or so for any missvends. The reason I guess they went this route is it has 4 small break rooms I think a full size soda and snack would only fit in one room, and the others need either a combo or a side by side. Id like to put a full size soda and snack so I can sell waters and powerades. He has one in a warehouse they have outside with 70+ employees as well. He grosses 250-300 a week and keeps half. Very honest looking guy he just doesnt do Vending really. Gives theM good service.

So I bought it today. Guu threw in.like 5 boxes of chocolates, 2 of chips, cheez its, and like 5 32 packs of sodas. We serviced them with his product. I realize he fills them Luke only halfways which is dumb because most were empty. Theres 3 keys that open diferent stuff. You have.to refill the dollar changers. I kept the week profit which was like 275 :) I spoke to the lady in.charge very nice.lady. She asked if maybe.I could service twice a week as they are always empty. She also.said she.needs.to know if I change products what im changing as most are requests. If theres ever a refund they get it from her. This guy wasnt filling them up because he forgets what he kinda has and buys 12 packs and forgets some etc. I asked her if shed be interested in bigger machines, she said definately. Which is great. They have 4 small break rooms, only one would fit full size equipment. The rest id need combos. I think what id do is leave two of these in the 2 slower break rooms, a usi side by side in one break room, and a full size snack and soda machine in the busy one (which has 2 of these antares next to eachother). Im sure I could sell them for decent (3-500 each). If I bring in machines I know sales would boost and I can easily raise prices, not a ton but instead of being at 50% cogs atleast 40. The last one I saw was in a HUGE warehouse in the back, its huge with100+ employees. Its crazy and it has one antares in the break room lol. All sold out. Id like to also put a full size snack and soda. So im looking at 2 full snack 2 full sodas and one side by side. I know I can easily double what hes making as everything is sold out. Thats a great account. Ill post some pics of the place. Its like a 40min drive from my home so twice a week wont work for me.

I also want to put a 1800 machine in each break room that would do great as well and a reason to get rid of mnms in the machines and sell gumballs

I agree with AZ. Put a 5 wide snack and BevMax 4 in the big break room. Then wait a while to see how the rest do. If you can find someone to give you 300 to 500 for those antares. Let me know. LOL I can get a bunch of them. Those things get refrigeration leaks and have to be charged up all the time. Hate like hell to move them because the base is weak and flimsy. 

Oh man, busy week. The previous owner was slacking badly I went yesterday to fill and most were sold out. Hed only fill them like 40%. I spoke to the lady in charge she said that possibly if they go for my new machines idea they will ask 2 more vendors to see who has lower pricing and go with whoever does. Or they may just approve me putting the machines, or they may just wanna stay w the stupid antares.I hate these things from refilling the stupid coin changer to taking off the Damn coin box. Another problem came out. One of them isnt cooling. Now im not all worried because there is an extra one in a break room (has 2) which I could replace it with. Now is there a way for me to try to fixit or check it

Oh man, busy week. The previous owner was slacking badly I went yesterday to fill and most were sold out. Hed only fill them like 40%. I spoke to the lady in charge she said that possibly if they go for my new machines idea they will ask 2 more vendors to see who has lower pricing and go with whoever does. Or they may just approve me putting the machines, or they may just wanna stay w the stupid antares.I hate these things from refilling the stupid coin changer to taking off the Damn coin box. Another problem came out. One of them isnt cooling. Now im not all worried because there is an extra one in a break room (has 2) which I could replace it with. Now is there a way for me to try to fixit or check it

Didn't you buy the location?  Why is she checking with other vendors for pricing?  Tkk I don't know what state you're in, but the pricing is extremely low, plus the poor equipment and the picky account manager.  You may be getting yourself a headache instead of an account.  Just moving all the equipment out is going to cost $$, unless you can find someone to buy those machines.  I'd level with her for my convenience and better service...

I guess if you can make a ton of money there as is it's worth leaving it alone. At least you know you can put mach in later that you can sell anything out of. It is bizarre that no other vendor with their own machines has tried to pick it up. You could always do Bevmaxes with all those soda flavors in them. Even if you stop by a grocery store for a 12 pack of Fresca once in a while, a Bevmax would be a huge upgrade there.

Bizarre indeed.  How old are those machines?  Why would they even create such a machine??  

TKK I'd take my time to think over this decision.

Its ok, the guy accepted 3000 went 1800 less due to the machine. I kept 300 that was in there already. The account as is grosses about 1000-1200 nets 500-650. The manager said if they look for other vendors they will give me dibs. As lo.g as my pricing is as low as the competitors. She said if this happens it wouldnt be until like 4 months. So im ok for now. 2700- 2400 or so I should net from the account if I get kicked out, ill have 6 antares for 300 lol. Ofcourse its not good at all, but I try to stay positive.im sure I can get 200 atleast a piece

• 2 months later...

bump from the dead....

heres an update. they sent me a list of healthy products they want. they said they still want to go with me as a vendor. there is actually 250 employees. this place should be doing more than the $800 a month its doing. so im thinking of adding 4 machines. one gpl surevend with led 5 wide, a multiprice bevmax, and possibly 2 crane combos with sure vend.

what sucks, I offered them low pricing. like some items I double and some more, im used to 30% cogs. here id probably be at 45-50%. it takes me 3 hours to service the 6 freaken Antares I have there. I have to refill the changers, etc. PITA

so they hit me with a bomb. they want 100% healthy vending, and no chips (except kettle, or sunchips). they want like vitamin water, powerades, gatorades, juices, lipton teas, etc. I was thinking half and half, I could put healthy snacks at 50% cogs, and my stuff like chips, cookies, etc for 30% cogs.

she said if its not selling you can swap some back I will talk to the owner and tell him its just not selling. she knows its not, I tried special k bars, and threw half of them out. she then hits me with wed like credit card readers! I was like oh snapp! I don't have any experience with them. I don't even know if they work with the machines I have and how to go about it. I told her, everything would go up about 10c. and she said thas fine. which is some breath of air for me. this location has had the Antares for 6 years. the previous guy kept the same items for 6 years. so imagine seeing the same 9 snacks every day! im sure with cc readers and  full size machines I can hit 2k a month for sure. and service once every 2 weeks maybe, especially with full size machines. I spend $15 every time I service it in gas. so that saves me $30 a month. the thing is what the hell how can I fill a 40 select snack machine with healthy snacks??

pros

-tons of potential

-drop service time

-gets 5 machines out of my garage

-I have a buyer for the 6 Antares for $3,000 lol

- I would have the location fully secure as they want a 5 yr contract

-the 10c raise should more than pay for the cc readers. say gross goes up $400 in cc sales. $250 more net. minus 3% charge of $400 is $12. so $238. minus the fee per reader which is I think $10? x 5 machines? $$178 more a month. plus I save the $30 in gas. sounds like its worth it. I just don't know if my machines can do this or if theres custom fab/programming

con

-buy a ton of crap I don't use in any of my machines

-don't know the first thing about cc readers.

- what if they want the healthy stuff even if it doesn't sell, then I lost money in product, moving, etc

hat would you guys do???

bump from the dead....

heres an update. they sent me a list of healthy products they want. they said they still want to go with me as a vendor. there is actually 250 employees. this place should be doing more than the $800 a month its doing. so im thinking of adding 4 machines. one gpl surevend with led 5 wide, a multiprice bevmax, and possibly 2 crane combos with sure vend.

what sucks, I offered them low pricing. like some items I double and some more, im used to 30% cogs. here id probably be at 45-50%. it takes me 3 hours to service the 6 freaken Antares I have there. I have to refill the changers, etc. PITA

so they hit me with a bomb. they want 100% healthy vending, and no chips (except kettle, or sunchips). they want like vitamin water, powerades, gatorades, juices, lipton teas, etc. I was thinking half and half, I could put healthy snacks at 50% cogs, and my stuff like chips, cookies, etc for 30% cogs.

she said if its not selling you can swap some back I will talk to the owner and tell him its just not selling. she knows its not, I tried special k bars, and threw half of them out. she then hits me with wed like credit card readers! I was like oh snapp! I don't have any experience with them. I don't even know if they work with the machines I have and how to go about it. I told her, everything would go up about 10c. and she said thas fine. which is some breath of air for me. this location has had the Antares for 6 years. the previous guy kept the same items for 6 years. so imagine seeing the same 9 snacks every day! im sure with cc readers and  full size machines I can hit 2k a month for sure. and service once every 2 weeks maybe, especially with full size machines. I spend $15 every time I service it in gas. so that saves me $30 a month. the thing is what the hell how can I fill a 40 select snack machine with healthy snacks??

pros

-tons of potential

-drop service time

-gets 5 machines out of my garage

-I have a buyer for the 6 Antares for $3,000 lol

- I would have the location fully secure as they want a 5 yr contract

-the 10c raise should more than pay for the cc readers. say gross goes up $400 in cc sales. $250 more net. minus 3% charge of $400 is $12. so $238. minus the fee per reader which is I think $10? x 5 machines? $$178 more a month. plus I save the $30 in gas. sounds like its worth it. I just don't know if my machines can do this or if theres custom fab/programming

con

-buy a ton of crap I don't use in any of my machines

-don't know the first thing about cc readers.

- what if they want the healthy stuff even if it doesn't sell, then I lost money in product, moving, etc

hat would you guys do???

Flip it

Archived