AP Snack Shop 7600 selection panel not working

vicma762004

I have a old snackshop 7600 vending machine, It was working fine for about 3 months until the buttons would not let poele make a selection. It lets you press the letter but the numbers do not seem to register when pressed. Anyone ever ran across an issue like this?

I have a old snackshop 7600 vending machine, It was working fine for about 3 months until the buttons would not let poele make a selection. It lets you press the letter but the numbers do not seem to register when pressed. Anyone ever ran across an issue like this?

Sounds like it's time to replace the selection pad.  It's not too big a deal and they are available from VE for about $60 or maybe AZ has one.  The whole procedure takes less than an hour and is pretty much a "no brainer".  Just don't lose the little plastic buttons.

Moondog is correct that I have these parts in stock.  You can PM me for information.

The keypad is probably bad.  You can try pulling the keypad harnesses apart just above and behind the top of the validator and put them back together to see if one of the harnesses has a dirty connection.  If that doesn't make a difference or only fixes part of the problem then you do need to replace the keypad. 

To replace it the entire chrome control panel must come off of the sliding panel.  You will remove the validator, credit display and the entire metal and plastic coin chute assy.  Pay close attention to where the screws come out, the orientation of the coin return button bracket and where longer screws are used.  Be careful with the plastic coin chute so you don't break one of the mounting tabs off.  One screw on the plastic chute can be tough to get to and you'll note that on the tough screw with the washer, the washer is on top of the plastic.  Once everything is removed put long strips of electrical tape down the rows of buttons to hold them in place.  Now is the perfect time to replace the buttons if they are even slightly foggy underneath. The fog can't be cleaned off.

Now remove the remaining screws and cup washers that hold the control pan and remove it, being careful that the keypad and display lens don't fall out (they should be held in place with small pieces of tape).  Replace the keypad and buttons, clean the display lens with a soft cloth only, make sure the small pieces of tape are holding the two parts in and reinstall  the panel, making sure the keypad harnesses go through the slot in the sliding panel.  Now reverse installation of all parts taking care to install them correctly and you're done. 

I believe the two harnesses from the keypad can be mixed up, but if you look at the relationship of the two female harnesses and how they lay in the panel, you can see which male part plugs in where.  Before installing the validator, turn the machine on and test all keypad keys.  If all is good, install the validator and power up again and test the machine.

Before you start changing parts be sure to try turning off the machine for a minute and then back on. Sometimes that will fix things.

Also there is a connector for the keypad near the coin return button that could come undone.

But it does sound like a bad keypad.

Walta

• 4 years later...

Sorry to bring back an old post, but I'm having the same problem on my Snackshop 7000.  I read this post a few weeks ago and ordered a new keypad.  I installed it yesterday, but its still has the same problem.  The Letter selection works, but the number selection does not work.  Any advice on what this might be... the only other thing would be the main control board I would imagine, but there pretty spendy, especially when it's a guessing game.

Archived