hmmm

TKK

So I keep getting my adds flagged on craigslist. I reposted after like a 6th flag down and added, stop flagging, your obviously a vendor whos afraid of competition. And within 10 minutes I got a text. A guy who talks like crap. Asking me where all my locations are at. I asked if hes interested in a machine and he says I need to know where your locations are at. So I told him dude im not doing that im only looking for locations as well as selling some machines. Then je starts insulting me saying he can take me out of business. He then tells me he is a known vendor here (gave me the name of the.company) it is a huge company and very well known. He put im the vice president and I can kick you out of all your locations in a heartbeat. I didnt believe him, and then he sent me a pic of a business card with his cell phone in the card and sure enough hes the vice president! THey have all the good locations here he says they have 1500 machines in location. They are with canteen. He said u better not fu... With the canteen group. I laughed and told him how I have taken a few locations from him as they complained they had bad service. He went off saying come visit me I have a chl and ill use these 5 clips (he sends me a picture of a handgun). I said dude u have issues, I thought youd be way more proper and legit, not a wangster threatning another vendor. What should I do? Expose him? Call canteen? The cops? He says hes taking me out of business, is that possible? Theres no way of tracking my locations...? Its prety sad id expect this from a local thug vendor, not canteen

I would make Canteen aware of it, possibly at a higher level and ask them for a response in writing.  They are part of Compass Group, North America based in Charlotte, NC.  The branch in El Paso is probably a franchise but don't let that stop you from filing a complaint.  I would also keep all records of the CL messages and texts and call the police to file a complaint with them over the weapons threat.  It's possible that someone stole his phone and wallet, but then looking to make trouble on CL seems strange.  Perhaps he was drunk or high on something beside the idea of being a vice president. 

If you have records of everything I would file a police report and also report him to Canteen through your attorney. I dont take lighlty people threatning me with violence.

As far as tracking your locations yes he could figure out where your locations are by simply figuring out who you are and following you or your route drivers are to the locations and making notes of all of them. Not to make you paranoid but it happens all the time in the vending business and nothing new. That tactic has been going on for years.

If you are posting on CL to get locations you are wasting your time. You will never get any decent accounts by posting on CL. To get the good accounts you have to go and knock on doors and sell your service. Could it happen? Maybe but I have never seen anyone accomplish the good accounts by posting on CL. The good accounts are highly competitive and they don’t need to go searching random CL ad because they have a file folder full of information they have collected by vending companies calling on them.

I had a large vendor one time threaten that I had taken an account or two from. He said "you want to take the gloves off" and see what they can do to get my accounts. I said to him, he needs to think about what he just said. I told him he has a heck of a lot more to loose than I do. He thought for a minute and the he decided to try another tactic and wanted to be buddies. LOL

So I keep getting my adds flagged on craigslist. I reposted after like a 6th flag down and added, stop flagging, your obviously a vendor whos afraid of competition. And within 10 minutes I got a text. A guy who talks like crap. Asking me where all my locations are at. I asked if hes interested in a machine and he says I need to know where your locations are at. So I told him dude im not doing that im only looking for locations as well as selling some machines. Then je starts insulting me saying he can take me out of business. He then tells me he is a known vendor here (gave me the name of the.company) it is a huge company and very well known. He put im the vice president and I can kick you out of all your locations in a heartbeat. I didnt believe him, and then he sent me a pic of a business card with his cell phone in the card and sure enough hes the vice president! THey have all the good locations here he says they have 1500 machines in location. They are with canteen. He said u better not fu... With the canteen group. I laughed and told him how I have taken a few locations from him as they complained they had bad service. He went off saying come visit me I have a chl and ill use these 5 clips (he sends me a picture of a handgun). I said dude u have issues, I thought youd be way more proper and legit, not a wangster threatning another vendor. What should I do? Expose him? Call canteen? The cops? He says hes taking me out of business, is that possible? Theres no way of tracking my locations...? Its prety sad id expect this from a local thug vendor, not canteen

Call the cops and file a report, what he is doing MIGHT rise to the level of making terroristic threats over the phone which is a felony.

Contact his employer and explain what happened and provide a copy of the report and let his employer deal with it.

Stand up for yourself and put a stop to his bullying tactics.

It is, heres the.link to their websiye

Elpasosnax.com

They are probably the biggest vendor here. The picture of his business card has the cell # listed as the same one hes texting me by. If you see his website where it says founded by.....thats the guy on the card. I have no doubt its him.

And yes its a franchise, but.how do.you complain about the owner? Whos above

Doubtful if it would be considered terrorist threats (now called criminal threats in California). In order to be criminal threats there has to be the present means and capability to carry out the threat. In other words if I told you I was going to shoot you and I was 10 miles away, no crime..... But if I'm standing in front of you, and had a gun, it would then meet the criteria. Might not be a bad idea to report it, just so there's a paper trail in case something happens in the future..... Just don't count on the police arresting him or the district attorney filing charges. I would definitely report to canteen main headquarters......

Doubtful if it would be considered terrorist threats (now called criminal threats in California). In order to be criminal threats there has to be the present means and capability to carry out the threat. In other words if I told you I was going to shoot you and I was 10 miles away, no crime..... But if I'm standing in front of you, and had a gun, it would then meet the criteria. Might not be a bad idea to report it, just so there's a paper trail in case something happens in the future..... Just don't count on the police arresting him or the district attorney filing charges. I would definitely report to canteen main headquarters......

That's a piss poor law if that's really the case (don't get me wrong I believe that it's accurate).  Here in Colorado, 10ft. or 10 miles is irrelevant.  You threaten with a weapon it's midemeanor menacing at minimum.  

I found Out its a family business and hes just the son but titled vice president. Hes a bit older then me, hes 28.

I bet daddy will be impressed when the cops show up looking into your complaint. You really need to follow-up and file that report.

Call the cops. I don't know if they can lock him up or even fine him for what he did, but you can certainly get him kicked out of his position at that company. If it were my company, even if it were my own son, I would not have some nutcase that threatens to kill people working for me; especially not as my vice president.

Archived