Crane Mechs:

vendamania

I have been using coin acceptor models Kai 738c and SG-738 and they both don't last long...It seems like I am always changing them as they crap out really fast. I think these mechs come on Smart cranes.

Yes they are very inexpensive but what good is it if I am losing money in the long run. Not always good to buy cheap , it ends up costing you in the lost sales,time and aggravation.

I am finding that the Rohs Hi-071pcs mech that comes on the Toy Soldier last way longer , but cost more.

Anyone know where to get these mechs at a good price ?

Also anyone use  a crane mech that they like and lasts?

SG-738 is a very good mech but frankly I find these mechs dont hold up in some locations where they take a lot of abuse . especially coin laundries cause kids go untattend and jam all kinda crap in there plus the lint gets in there and so on and so forth.

what i have done is switched out for roll down mechs that use a regular old microswitch in them.  immonex makes the best kind of mech like this

but the mech i linked is very good and will last a long time. the only downside is they wont quite fit in a toy taxi crane you can cut the microswitch

ive made them fit but i dont remember how i think i had to take out the bill validator. they work awesome in smart import cranes (feiloli?) 

you will have to cut the harness apart and manually wire it in just dont forget to cap off the 12v line or you might get a nasty shock working with the crane.

the other thing is in some cranes that are designed for a electronic mech it may register the coin credit a little too fast on the microswitch and it wont

register in the crane (crane CPU is too slow for the microswitch credit). the way to handle this is you want to "debounce" the switch by bridging a 10k ohm 

resistor across the microswitch terminals. 

This is exactly why I will be taking a couple electronics classes next year. Sounds like your speaking Chinese to me dogcow. The local community college here has a three class certification program for electronics. Still gonna need years of hands on but I have got to have a foundation to build on.

This is exactly why I will be taking a couple electronics classes next year. Sounds like your speaking Chinese to me dogcow. The local community college here has a three class certification program for electronics. Still gonna need years of hands on but I have got to have a foundation to build on.

that is a great idea, wish i had done something like that would have saved me a lot of f--- ups 

SG-738 is a very good mech but frankly I find these mechs dont hold up in some locations where they take a lot of abuse . especially coin laundries cause kids go untattend and jam all kinda crap in there plus the lint gets in there and so on and so forth.

what i have done is switched out for roll down mechs that use a regular old microswitch in them.  immonex makes the best kind of mech like this

but the mech i linked is very good and will last a long time. the only downside is they wont quite fit in a toy taxi crane you can cut the microswitch

ive made them fit but i dont remember how i think i had to take out the bill validator. they work awesome in smart import cranes (feiloli?) 

you will have to cut the harness apart and manually wire it in just dont forget to cap off the 12v line or you might get a nasty shock working with the crane.

the other thing is in some cranes that are designed for a electronic mech it may register the coin credit a little too fast on the microswitch and it wont

register in the crane (crane CPU is too slow for the microswitch credit). the way to handle this is you want to "debounce" the switch by bridging a 10k ohm 

resistor across the microswitch terminals. 

My last batch of mechs were the SG-738…They just aren't lasting and crapping out fast , maybe a bad batch.

I guess the little board goes on them,not sure. They seem to go on the same cranes , maybe something is burning them out. 

My toy soldier mechs last way longer at least 5-1. I am going to get some toy soldier mechs and replace them on the cranes that seem to be eating up the SG-738 and see if it's the crane or mech.

My last batch of mechs were the SG-738…They just aren't lasting and crapping out fast , maybe a bad batch.

I guess the little board goes on them,not sure. They seem to go on the same cranes , maybe something is burning them out.

My toy soldier mechs last way longer at least 5-1. I am going to get some toy soldier mechs and replace them on the cranes that seem to be eating up the SG-738 and see if it's the crane or mech.

Make sure ur buying the mechs from reputable dealer I have seen fakes on alibaba

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I have about 15 mechs down right now. The last batch of 738's were crap , most only lasted a couple weeks.

What a coincidence ... I ordered mechs from ebay a couple days ago , trying out a different model.

I am servicing an Icube today and thinking these makes haven't jammed once in like a year and they are still working great. So I am trying to figure out manufacture and model , but in chinese gibberish.

When I come home my mechs arrive and low and behold they are the same one's on my Icube.

I think these mechs are going to work out great , now I can start accepting coins on my Keymaster's since there mechs are junk and the 738's that I put on crapped out in a week.

• 4 weeks later...

I get the basic mechs from twisted quarter and just keep them handy to swap when needed. They last fine.

Update ...

I believe these are the same mechs that I just started buying…. They are working out great so far. No quarter jams at all.

It is a pleasure to finally have mechs that don't jam like crazy and crap out after 2 weeks like all the 738 models that I have purchased in the past.

Just this week my Keymaster was unplugged because of the 738 mechs, so I lost money.

Update ...

I believe these are the same mechs that I just started buying…. They are working out great so far. No quarter jams at all.

It is a pleasure to finally have mechs that don't jam like crazy and crap out after 2 weeks like all the 738 models that I have purchased in the past.

Just this week my Keymaster was unplugged because of the 738 mechs, so I lost money.

maybe stupid advice but u are adjusting the coin entry so the quarter can only fit? i noticed some mechs come the entry is bigger

than a quarter, and it will cause jams as kids put 2 coins in at once,etc... if u set the acceptor right it reduces jam ups 

maybe stupid advice but u are adjusting the coin entry so the quarter can only fit? i noticed some mechs come the entry is bigger

than a quarter, and it will cause jams as kids put 2 coins in at once,etc... if u set the acceptor right it reduces jam ups 

Yes I stick the quarter in there… They work when I first put them on , but just jam easy and stop working really fast.

It's definitely the mechs … both of my last batches of Kai738 and SG738 from 2 different sources were bad….I think it's the board that goes.

These new mechs seem like they will last and haven't had a jam yet. Toy Soldier mechs are good also.

Put it this way it is the first time in years that I will be able to accept quarters consistently especially on the Key Masters since their mechs were complete junk also.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had 2 go bad last night doing routes..   738s

I had a spare new one  out of a 10 pack from eBay...

Did not work in either one.. so that's 3 bad mechs

going to order roll downs from now on and swap

bill

You just have to stay away from the 738's and get a good mech. The new mechs are working great,first time in years I am accepting coins on my Keymasters with out ANY jams also along with all my cranes.

I replaced 25 so far and ordering a another batch today. Now I realize how crappy the 738's really were. Kind of thought it was the norm after awhile replacing and unjamming them constantly.

I'm late to chime in on this one because i was always a promoter of sg-738(not to be confused by its chinese copy kai-738) and they where great for years without hardly a hiccup..I still have boatloads of feioli, wu mar,guan shin etc. cranes that have these coin mechs in there still  going strong over 6 years old..

BUT... I have to admit the last 3 orders with twcoin (sg-738) i have had a bunch of bad mechs..the one order you and me split Fred i bet half of those crapped out on me in weeks! i was so pissed..

I ordered a couple more times thinking maybe it was just bad bunch of LEDs or something in the sensor part(as that is what almost 100% of the time that goes bad with these style mechs) but the next two orders where crap also..

I started using another brand and its been good but id rather not share on this public board the source as i have competition lurking around(as they have told me!!)..maybe same one you are talking about Fred i don't know but the last orders i have had have only had about 3-4 bad out of hundred at startup,about 2-4 more bad within first month.. THAT there is great when dealing with all this Chinese "sheee-it" (did i get past the golpher?lol) that we are forced to buy because no body makes it here anymore.

the kai-738 i had as many as 30 out of 100 bad in a couple batches!! but yeah they are cheap at $9 but what a pain dealing with that.

ALWAYS make sure the mech is only getting 12-13 volts, those LEDs burn up if your power supply is overcharged or under..It will work but keep crapping out mechs..If you keep having mechs go bad on same machine in sense they just keep giving coin back to you BUT you can still flip the back switch up and down real quick to credit up game and that works,OR if they take the first quarter and then no more and then after you reset mech by removing power and then when you power up it takes one coin then no more again... I would bet your power supply is the fault.

twcoin has sailed as far as i'm concerned and their sg-738 that i loved for so long..The owner never had website as he was old school Taiwanese,didnt speak English etc.. Very angry at Chinese companies for copying his coin mech design..But i think he started using Chinese inferior parts and it sank it(for me buying anyway)

Had a crane today unplugged because the 738 mech was not giving credits….Changed to my new mech and problem solved.

I can already tell these new mechs are a million times better,not one single jam and all mechs work. I don't think it's the power supply because the new mech works just fine.

If it is the power supplies then the 738 are just too fragile to handle it. I don't think so though that would mean I currently have more then 25 bad supplies out there.

I ordered from twisted quarter

10 of these to start the swap-out process

Easy to swap...

2 wires    ill post a how to soon..

Also a note to the people who have a lot of jams..  

be it Canadian or tokens  kids stick in these

if you look at the picture I provided the circle is the magnet

on the other side of the mech is a Philips screw  loosen and remove magnet.

then it will allow Canadian to pass freely and tokens that are close to quarter size

I would rather take 2 tokens and 4 Canadian quarters  than lose a whole month of sales or a dreaded service call for not taking quarters..

If it ever became a serious issue with someone cheating me with tokens I would put the magnet back...

bill

• 3 months later...

Yes I stick the quarter in there… They work when I first put them on , but just jam easy and stop working really fast.

It's definitely the mechs … both of my last batches of Kai738 and SG738 from 2 different sources were bad….I think it's the board that goes.

These new mechs seem like they will last and haven't had a jam yet. Toy Soldier mechs are good also.

Put it this way it is the first time in years that I will be able to accept quarters consistently especially on the Key Masters since their mechs were complete junk also.

Nope, stick with the mechs that came with your crane. I have a few smarts and haver never replaced the Happ mechs.

I have a Toy Soldier that i purchased used. The coin mech - which i assume is the original - has around 22,000 vends (about).  Now it only recognizes one out of two quarters.  Something with the magnet is screwed up.  The magnet is sticking and not closing as it should when the quarter passes by. It is the ROHS HI-071PCS coin mechanism made by WEI-YA: http://na.suzohapp.com/amusement_products/coin_doors/CA-CM-ELE-HI071PCS

It is $75 and not the $14 unit some of you are referring too.  I hate to spend the extra $60 but if the first one lasted that long, that is surely longer than what most of you described with the cheaper mechs.  Do yall think i should go back with the HI-071PCS?

Just get the Imonex R9 series mechs. I replaced all my crappy mechs on my Toy Soldiers, Toy Taxis, Key Master, Winners Cube, etc.. and have not had a problem with jamming since. I got the .882 token version and it will not allow a quarter or really any other sized coin in there to fit. You can get them in quarter mechs though. I got the non electronic version as well, two wires to cut from the old mech, reconnect and you are in business.

Here is a link:

http://www.imonex.com/Category_Amusements/r9_series_cxm.aspx

Cost me about $50 a mech, but that is money well spent since my mechs NEVER jam!!!

Archived