What are you guys selling the most of 1 inch or 2 inch ?

havending

one or two inch product  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What % of sales are one inch?

• 20%
    • 40%
    • 60%
    • 80%
    • 100%
  2. 2. Price point of one inch?

3. 3. How much do you pay for one inch product?

• 15.00 and under per bag
    • 15.00 to 20.00
    • 20.00 to 30.00
    • 30.00 and up

I've always done better with one inch. Even now that I've switched most to .50. Two inch really struggles with me. It sells but not like one inch. Even with monthly product rotations. most of my two inch is set at .75 and buck.

I really think it's because of the one inch machine's being at the bottom of the racks. Makes it a lot easier for the young kids to pump quarters into them. At least it accounts for some sale difference. ..

Interesting poll. I thought more would chime in. I found the results and comments interesting since I do mostly candy. I do run about 40 heads of toys. 1 Inch, still at .25 but moving to .50 at most of those locations next month.

I would really like to get some theories of others of why one inch trumps two inch toys. Seems nation wide too.?.? I've already stated what I think. I can run junk one inch at .50 and it does better than a higher quality 2 inch toy at .75 to a dollar. Surely the extra quarter or two isn't the deciding factor.?.?

I would really like to get some theories of others of why one inch trumps two inch toys. Seems nation wide too.?.? I've already stated what I think. I can run junk one inch at .50 and it does better than a higher quality 2 inch toy at .75 to a dollar. Surely the extra quarter or two isn't the deciding factor.?.?

By better u mean more vends , more $ or both

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

Most of the guys in my social circle carry around a bunch of change in our pockets.

But, that may not be the way it is for most.

So, I think Action may be on to something.

One additional theory:

Kids may bug mom/dad for something from our machines.

Mom/Dad may give the kids a quarter or two just to shush them up, but not 3 or 4 quarters...rendering the 2" price point a non-option to those kids.

Another theory:

The 2" machines usually are on the top row of our racks, making them a bit out of reach and out of view for some of our smaller customers.

The displays, product, and coin mechs are much easier to reach for those little ones and more tempting at eye-level.

Most of the guys in my social circle carry around a bunch of change in our pockets.

But, that may not be the way it is for most.

So, I think Action may be on to something.

One additional theory:

Kids may bug mom/dad for something from our machines.

Mom/Dad may give the kids a quarter or two just to shush them up, but not 3 or 4 quarters...rendering the 2" price point a non-option to those kids.

Another theory:

The 2" machines usually are on the top row of our racks, making them a bit out of reach and out of view for some of our smaller customers.

The displays, product, and coin mechs are much easier to reach for those little ones and more tempting at eye-level.

There are arguments for that as well.  I have a 3 way on a home made wooden rack where the 2" and 1" are on the same level.  Both 1" machines do way better than the 2"  I also have 45mm BB in a Bounce A Roo there for $1 and it outsells the 1" and 2" consistently for about 3 1/2 years now. Yet the coin mech is much higher and it takes 4 quarters.

I think it has something to do with perceived value.  The ball is worth more than a capsule toy, regardless of the capsule size.  But you would think the .75 2" would do better than the 45mm BB.

There are arguments for that as well. I have a 3 way on a home made wooden rack where the 2" and 1" are on the same level. Both 1" machines do way better than the 2" I also have 45mm BB in a Bounce A Roo there for $1 and it outsells the 1" and 2" consistently for about 3 1/2 years now. Yet the coin mech is much higher and it takes 4 quarters.

I think it has something to do with perceived value. The ball is worth more than a capsule toy, regardless of the capsule size. But you would think the .75 2" would do better than the 45mm BB.

Interesting hillbilly. I've always wondered what two inch would do at the same level as one inch. Do you just have that one account where it's like that?

Interesting hillbilly. I've always wondered what two inch would do at the same level as one inch. Do you just have that one account where it's like that?

No, I have many accounts that have a similar 3 way.  Here is an example:post-1808-0-83735500-1388357221_thumb.jpg

That's a cool set-up Hillbilly.

So that only leaves the theory of "not enough quarters in my pocket".

Do you guys really think that's the reason 1" sells better than 2"...just not enough quarters?

And for those kids that do wind up with enough quarters, maybe they prefer two 1" prizes for the price of one 2"??

Archived