Help decide on Snack Machine for Location

Ok guys I need your help again. I just recently bought and placed my 1st drink machine inside of a private school in my hometown and I will add snack machine soon. Well my question for you guys is in regards to the daycare center which is on same campus but in different building as the private school. Now please keep in mind that my sons go to this daycare which means i am inside the daycare eveyday to drop off my kids. With this in mind, The director is interested in adding drink machine and snack machine inside the daycare which has limited space inside of the breakroom. The daycare has about 18 employees and i am thinking about my different options. See below and let me know your thoughts:

Option 1: Dixie Narco 276e with something like a AUtomatic Products CS-12 or similar snack machine.

- my local craigslist has the Dixie Narco for $500 and a iffern ad for an Automatic Products CS-12 with dollar bill changer for $100 in good condition. This snack machine is old but i would think it is better than the Seaga and Genesis

Option 2: USI Satellite Combo Snack / Drink Machine

-my local craigslist has the USI Combos for $1500 per set (kind of expensive) for this location. In addition I dont tnink machine would empty out before expiration date.

Option 3: Dixie Narco 276e with Honor Box

- I would use the same dixie narco above, and I already have honor box.

I am thinking about going with Option 1 or 3.

Personally I was going to suggest this is a good example of a location where a combo (US made of course) would be a good choice since it's ancillary to your main location.  I think option 1 is ideal.  The CS12 with a validator is a steal at $50 if it's in decent shape and the DN 276 is a good size too.

The next best is the USI combo but you'll get more bang for your buck with option 1.

Thanks AZ...i agree....by the way what is the average sell price for a USI Satellite Combo Machine?

Lots of variables involved age, condition etc. But you can generally expect around 1000 plus or minus. Weird thing about these, people piss and moan about USI made machines but these combos never last long when they go up for sale.

Ok, so I just found a FSI 3039 snack machine for sale about 2 hours away from me. Seller states the machine is good working condition with coinco mech and Maka validator. He recently had this machine on his route but he lost the account and is now deciding to sell machine. The machine has a few scratches on front and sides from being moved around. With this in mind, I was thinking about buying a tuff front if I decide to purchase machine. See pictures.... Anyone familiar with the Maka bill validator in picture?

post-8103-0-05913600-1392311542_thumb.jpg

post-8103-0-11540200-1392311558_thumb.jpg

Ok, so I just found a FSI 3039 snack machine for sale about 2 hours away from me. Seller states the machine is good working condition with coinco mech and Maka validator. He recently had this machine on his route but he lost the account and is now deciding to sell machine. The machine has a few scratches on front and sides from being moved around. With this in mind, I was thinking about buying a tuff front if I decide to purchase machine. See pictures.... Anyone familiar with the Maka bill validator in picture?

A good dependable machine, I have a number of them. Needs bill acceptor upgrade, in that condition and the needed upgrade i'd offer 200-300.

There are no refront kits available for these machines since there is no edge trim to hold the panels in place.  Your only choice will be to paint the cabinet.  The Maka validators are obsolete as are all metal validators.  If this one works fine then use it until it gives you trouble, then at that time plan on upgrading it to a Coinco Mag series.  The Coinco's are the easiest to match up to the Maka harnesses. 

If you ever need to do this you can PM me for the information on the upgrade.

Got it...so what is the best options for paint and what is the process that you use for clean finish.

What about having machine wrapped like in vinyl such as they do for advertisement on cars. I have a friend in town who has his own sign business and wraps cars all the time. Just a thought since you stated tuff fronts are unavailable.

To paint it you will basically need to sand it, wash it, then paint it using a low nap roller with a high quality paint like Rustoleum.  There were some threads about painting machines awhile back, so do a search and you can read up on what methods others have used.  There will probably be some responses here to that effect.

As to wrapping the machine, USI put a textured finish on most of their machines so I don't know how well a wrap will stick, but that is a good option as well especially if you have a friend to help you out.  Check with them as to how good the finish needs to be.  Keep in mind that dents and gouges in the surface might leave hollow spots under the wrap unless you can apply heat to shrink the wrap to the surface. 

So I read the different posts about the paint process, and I realized most are saying not to paint the front of the machine.  With this in mind, what is the recommendation for freshing up the front of the USI 3039 since the tuff front are not available for this machine.  Would paint be the only recommendation in this case.

Yes, painting is the only way to refurb the door. The reason others say to not paint it is because it's difficult to make the door look good with a roller. My painter here uses spraypaint for the doors due to the details you have taped off and the rounded edges of the door. I can get you details of the spraypaint he uses and has the best luck with.

I would appreciate that. I was mainly looking at purchasing this machine as a budget project since everything works and it only needs to be freshened up. However, if it is to hard to freshen up, I may just pass since this machine will be going inside of a school. Once you provide me details with paint, I will provide it to my painter and see what he thinks. Thanks!!

I just painted one of my usi 3039s gray to black. I always roll my machines it is a lot of taping to paint glidden satin black 38014185625 home depot. Use a good roller and have small brush for the edges.

I would but it has been terrible weather for painting so I have not finished painting it yet. Need to touch the door up in the tight spots. I have done another one of my 3039s before painting this one. Taping is the most important thing the door is hard part of painting.

J and T I see your in Alabama my main parts supplier sends me parts out there the vending center in Birmingham been doing business with for about ten years there paint guy gave me the paint code and tip to use a roller.

Cool...just got estimate from my friends sign shop and he quoted me an estimate of $8 per sq ft. Which includes parts and labor, For installing vinyl graphic on front door of Machine. Not to bad of a price dependent upon what price I end up paying for machine. However it will definitely be cheaper to either roll or spray paint the front door vs vinyl.

Cool...just got estimate from my friends sign shop and he quoted me an estimate of $8 per sq ft. Which includes parts and labor, For installing vinyl graphic on front door of Machine. Not to bad of a price dependent upon what price I end up paying for machine. However it will definitely be cheaper to either roll or spray paint the front door vs vinyl.

I've seen vandals make quick work of the vinyl graphics - they hack up the paint too but you can touch that up much easier

Archived