Ideas for shallow drink machines?

I have an account with a DN2054 that would like to reclaim some of their hallway space (maybe 4-8" overall).  In the hopes of heading this off, I suggested that generally speaking a shallower drink machine would likely be a big step down to 6 or 8 selections.  The topic came up again a month later, so I guess I am not in the clear.  Does anyone know of drink machine options that would be shallower than the 32" deep DN glass fronts?  They would be OK losing some selections - maybe half.  Alternatively, is there any way to re-route the exhaust in a 2054, or any of the DN glassfronts to the top or side so it could be pushed completely against the wall?

In case it matters from a cost standpoint, the machine does $420/month, the snack about $300/month.  Thanks!

32 inches is pretty shallow for any style beverage machine. I'm not sure you will find anything better then that unless you want to go to an older can machine like a Dixie 276 or 368. You will always need room behind them to breathe though.

Because the most shallow machines are already the depth of your Bevmax and the fact that there is no way to re-route the airflow, I think your only option is a USI/FSI CD6 or BC6 which while deep, is very narrow and could be turned with its side against the wall to be used sideways. Unfortunately they are only in 6 sel configurations. You might be able to find an older CD8 that's a little wider than the CD6 but any CD model will be cans-only due to their serpentine rack.

If you can stick with cans, the DN 368 is probably your most shallow option that I can think of.  If I recall.. the company that I used to work for had a soda machine that was set up for bottles but was only 1-deep.  I don't know if it was a 368 that was converted to vend bottles and if that's even possible but there's no way that I would know the model of the machine.  If I do recall properly, it had the "gate" that you slide over and clip into place to keep the bottles from falling out of the columns just like a DN 501e.  I might be talking completely out of my butt but I could almost swear that I serviced a machine like that.

Hmmmm, turning the drink machine sideways wasn't something I thought of. A baby bevmax is 32" wide. That would give them the four to six inches of breathing room the current machine is using. Anyone know what a used baby bevmax runs? I've never seen one locally. Of course I will have to replace the snack machine too. Wish they would just give up on this idea...

You could look at using a machine with a front ventilation system which are designed to be placed against a wall.. Seaga are one company that do a space saver but I wouldn't recommend using theirs.

Necta also do a front to front ventilation system which allows the machine to be placed hard against a wall. But the overall depth of the machine 34"(860mm) may still make it a problem.

I think the Japanese also make some drink machine models that can be placed against a wall but they may not be available to buy in the US. 

Archived