One of my top accounts has some critters going around. They finally, made it into my snack machne. yaaaaa!! I baited near the entry hole and am polacing a one of those sonis things inside the machine. Hope this helps. Has anyone had any expeience with the sonic repelling things. Hoping they work. As this is currently my top account.

ST

I normally use regular glue traps and try to get the manager to do something their building has rats not my snack machine.

Agreed. The building has te issue and they know it. Thankfully, they are not blaming me and are thankful that I responded quickly. I even set them up with some of the sonic devices to place elsewhere to see if they help.

Steel wool stops them every time in the back hole. I will say they amaze me the ways they find to get in the machine. If it get real bad empty the machine out completely use what the rodent liked the most as bait in the bottom and behind the machine normally snickers. I leave it empty for week go back remove caught rodent and yes we lost sales but better safe than sorry.

I even set them up with some of the sonic devices to place elsewhere to see if they help.

I have a buddy that works in pest control and he has told that those things will work for awhile but the rodents will get used to it and eventually ignore them, the hungrier they are the faster they will be back.

If you know the entry point plug it with steel wool.

Put 6 glue traps in the bottom of the machine.

Walta 

That's the best option, when it happens to me I also bait one of the traps with a cracker.

I had a mouse getting into one of my machines last year.  The little guy preferred crackers over everything else, but I couldn't have him messing around with my snacks.  I plugged the hole in the back and solved that problem.  Steel wool is the way to go if you ask me.  I threw away most of the product (to be safe) and cleaned the machine.  The building is pretty dirty but I don't want diseases all over my product.

and wait until the word gets out you have poison in your machines to kill the pests.

I still say jam a cat in there.

I thought about locking my cat in the vending machine for a few days, but that would probably be illegal.

Archived