Price check on a couple of machines

I just received a call from a manufacturing location that wants me to both purchase the two machines that they bought for their location and take over filling the machines.  

Apparently the guy that fills the machines just did not want to do it anymore, I have a meeting tonight to come by and check the machines.

There are 50 employees at this location and the machines are in their breakroom.

It appears that one if a dixie narco 600E and he is not sure what the snack machine is.

Any idea what I should offer for the machines?

Thanks for the information in advance.

post-6819-0-54813000-1398900611_thumb.jpg

post-6819-0-58670900-1398900614_thumb.jpg

That's a rowe snack.  I'm taking a guess here that it has an old ardac validator in it.  I'm not familiar with rowes but I am going to guess that it's a Jr. model since it's a 4-wide.  I am only guessing but I think the Jr's are 4-wide and the Sr's are 5-wide.  Also, although I can't tell from the picture (and I hear they changed between the 4900/5900/6900 series) but It looks like it has a blue interface so I am going to GUESS that it's a 5900 Jr. model snack machine.

I would offer $700 for the pair... $700 for the 501e and I will scrap the rowe and replace it for free.  However, you need to make sure that the 501e isn't a coke lease.  If it were a lease, I would offer a big fat $0 for the location and tell them that I will install my own equipment and scrap the rowe at no cost to them.

By the way, that is most likely a 501e, not a 600e because it's a standard 72" height (roughly the same as the snack machine).  A 600e would be about 7" taller than the snack.  It appears to have a coinco BA30B in it.  The good news is that you can upgrade that bill acceptor very easily but the "kind of" bad news is that the coinco isn't worth much by itself.  There's no need to replace it if it works though.

It is not , nor ever was coke owned- the coin insert bezel is of a non coke machine, as a coke owned unit would have a red one that says intellevend 2000 on it

The Rowe is still an ok unit- 200-300, definitely not scrap if it works

Also, a coke spec'd front will have the front graphics all the way to the edge and a cutout for the panel of selection buttons, coin insert, cr, t handle, display , and vali

Good call on the soda machine orsd. It is a 501E and the Coke graphics are not original, but it looks great. The Rowe snack is likely a 4900 with a red display but if the display is blue then it's a 5900. It appears to have been upgraded to a Coinco BA30B validator which is a good thing as the original CBA's are obsolete. I'm viewing this on my phone so the pics aren't real clear.

As to the value, since you are getting the location for the price of the machines and assuming both machines work well, you should give somewhere between $1000 and $1200 on the top end. Feel them out and see if you can find reasons with the machine conditions to reduce your offer. Anything below $1000 is a good deal.

I just received a call from a manufacturing location that wants me to both purchase the two machines that they bought for their location and take over filling the machines.  

Apparently the guy that fills the machines just did not want to do it anymore, I have a meeting tonight to come by and check the machines.

There are 50 employees at this location and the machines are in their breakroom.

It appears that one if a dixie narco 600E and he is not sure what the snack machine is.

Any idea what I should offer for the machines?

Thanks for the information in advance.

Looks like a Rowe Jr. - very old and small machine but might do for fifty people.  Not one I'd buy otherwise.  I'd say maybe a grand for the pair only because you're getting the account.  Just hope they didn't get the Rowe from a refurbisher as they would have paid more than it's worth being as obsolete as it is.

I have a couple Rowe snack machines 5900 and 4900, Never had any issues so far with them in the 1.5 years I have been vending but I was just wondering why does everything talk down on Rowe all the time?

I have a couple Rowe snack machines 5900 and 4900, Never had any issues so far with them in the 1.5 years I have been vending but I was just wondering why does everything talk down on Rowe all the time?

Rowes were truly well made machines - unfortunately there's just no parts support for them anymore

Thanks for the replies, the individual I was supposed to meet with tonight rescheduled for tomorrow evening so I will probably go with $800 in hand and offer him that.

Also I am assuming that this is a mult-price dixie narco and that I will be able to place both bottles and cans in the machine?

Alright, so me throwing them into my Apartment accounts for all the kids to beat on it is an ok plan?

Probably a good spot for them - if anything can take that abuse a Rowe can.  Once they steal your trim strips you'll be out of luck or at least trimless

Thanks for the replies, the individual I was supposed to meet with tonight rescheduled for tomorrow evening so I will probably go with $800 in hand and offer him that.

Also I am assuming that this is a mult-price dixie narco and that I will be able to place both bottles and cans in the machine?

The Dixie 501e will handle both bottles and cans and is multipriced.  It's a good machine except for all the damn shim and rod set ups you'll be dealing with - not as simple as your Royals.

There is no single manual for everything about that machine.  Go to Dixie Narco's website and to their Customer Service tab and then the Technical Publications tab.  Then click on Programming Guide and download the SIID 2-button manual to get all the programming info (which will also be listed on your inner door).  You can also download the E model parts manual.  As for product setups, you will use their Customer Service tab and then Package Setup to find specifics.

• 1 month later...

Just an update on the account.  Guy called back after a month and said he just could not handle the account.  I told him I would pay him $1,000 for both the machines, the products and whatever is left in the coin mechanism (which he said was full).  He did state that he needed a shim to put a can in one of the slots in the DN. AZ do you have? If so send me a pm so I can purchase from you and if fairly cheap I will buy 2 from you.  

A question about the snack machine, fairly easy to set prices? I am used to APs so help with that would be appreciated.

The Rowe 4900s were very easy to price. Inside the door clipped above the coin chute is a clipped handheld module used for pricing. With the door open you will take the module around the door to the front (it's on a coiled cord). On the door keypad you would enter the selection you want to price and the second line will show the current price. You then enter the new price with leading zeros, for example, if changing from .50 to .75 you would enter 0075 on the keypad which will leave .75 on the display. To save it you will press "enter price" on the handheld which will save the price and increment the display to the next selection and its price. You can use the "enter price" to skip through your selections or you can press the "Enter" key on the keypad to blank the display then enter any selection number you wish to go to.

I'll PM you about the can shims.

The guy that is selling it to me says he pulls around $50-60 total each day.  The pricing is very low and I told him I would be raising the prices and he said he would let his co-workers know to expect that.  The current pricing for candy, chips and pastries are .65,.65,.65, I will be raising them to 1,1,1. 

The pricing on the soda is pretty standard at .75 for the cans, 1 for water and I believe 1.50 for gatorade.

The guy that is selling it to me says he pulls around $50-60 total each day.  The pricing is very low and I told him I would be raising the prices and he said he would let his co-workers know to expect that.  The current pricing for candy, chips and pastries are .65,.65,.65, I will be raising them to 1,1,1. 

The pricing on the soda is pretty standard at .75 for the cans, 1 for water and I believe 1.50 for gatorade.

You certainly can't afford to do 65 cents on the candy and pastries, but I'd set the chips at 75 cents so you're not raising everything so much at once and maybe drop the water to 75 cents to ease the pain a little.  I suspect that his estimates are a little high as I doubt this account will do $1,000 to $1,200 a month.  $800 would be good for an account of this size.

Archived