speaking of cogs

Went to sams today

48 count box of M&Ms and Snickers .55 cents each

Verity boxes .48 cents each, I am loading up on these bad boys. 

Also I saw the 28 can packs of coke, Diet Coke, Sprite last week and they were gone like Sh*t thru a goose, 

Today I saw a 35 can pack of coke and diet coke for .24 cents each

Sometimes god comes down and puts his hand on my side of the field

Went to sams today

Also I saw the 28 can packs of coke, Diet Coke, Sprite last week and they were gone like Sh*t thru a goose, 

I literally just complained about this on the vistar topic.  Those 28 packs disappeared faster than Lindsay Lohan at an AA meeting.

Those 28 packs disappeared faster than Lindsay Lohan at an AA meeting.

That was just too easy for you Chris.  Talk about serving up a softball.  Attaboy!

How much are ur chocolates normally? Here the 72 packs of mnms and snikers are .49. At costco they have 4.50 off on 30 pack variety. Mnms snikers twix. They are only .35. Did u say 35 pack?

Went to sams today

Same here dude, and Sam's is the cheapest here...

Back in Jan sams had the counter boxes with regular mm's and peanut mm's in them on sale and I picked up 5 pallets of them, got about 1 1/2 left.

You mean you can go through that much candy??!?!?  I can go through a 48-count box in about 2 weeks.

Back in Jan sams had the counter boxes with regular mm's and peanut mm's in them on sale and I picked up 5 pallets of them, got about 1 1/2 left.

This is why SAMs runs out of the special priced items! I just ran out of my pallet of 28 pack coke cans...

This is why SAMs runs out of the special priced items! I just ran out of my pallet of 28 pack coke cans...

So YOU'RE the one that bought all of the 28 packs!

EVERYONE!  GET HIM!

You mean you can go through that much candy??!?!?  I can go through a 48-count box in about 2 weeks.

Yes, just reorganized stops after getting some more locations and are now running 4 full routes and are on target to have a 5th by the 4th of July. Gotta find another truck.

I define a "route" as an area I service that should be serviced as a group. My beavercreek route consists of 6 locations and it takes me about three hours. I try to do my downtown route in the same day.

The larger companies with employees usually refer to the area or group of accoynts that each employee services... 3 routes equals three drivers.

Unfortunately, we all use the phrase loosely.

I always thought of a route as whatever a person can do in a week of servicing. 

Monday is this part of town, Tuesday is that, and next monday you start all over

My confusion has always been I have customers that I do every other day and everyday at certain times of the year,

So do they count twice, three times, what?

Would be interested in getting Missions thoughts on this,

I always thought of a route as whatever a person can do in a week of servicing. 

Monday is this part of town, Tuesday is that, and next monday you start all over

My confusion has always been I have customers that I do every other day and everyday at certain times of the year,

So do they count twice, three times, what?

Would be interested in getting Missions thoughts on this,

I define a "route" as the work load assigned to a driver that will generate at least 275K a year in gross revenue. It seems to be kind of the standard of the big boys out there.

So if you saw a ad on a 10 route vending company for sale, without any more info you know the company does somewhere in the neighborhood of 3M in sales annually.

Regardless of revenue, a route is as snack dude and mission said, the amount of work that one route driver can do in one week, or even better, all of the machines that a single person or single vehicle is responsible for.  I worked alone when I began years ago and built up my route.  Then when I added an employee and a second vehicle and then a third, those became my 2nd and 3rd routes.  I had three vehicles out on the street every day servicing their own machines and those were their routes.  They were keyed different and each driver was handed his route tickets each day.

I'm glad this has been brought up, not that these few posts will change the world, but it always rakes me when someone who has refers to one stop or even a handful of stops as a route.  Now for a small Antares operator with only 5 machines, that would be his route, though I actually think of anything that small as "just having a few machines."  But for someone with 60 or more machines that decides to sell 2 or 3 stops calling them a route drives me crazy.  I'm just old school and am anal about this.  I actually laugh and roll my eyes at the people who confuse a stop with a route, but I get over it.

So TKK, all of your machines are your route.  Anyone on this forum who works alone or only services machines from one single vehicle has one route.  It's that simple.  You will service different stops each day but only have one route until you put a second vehicle with a seperate employee in it out on the street.

Ok that makes sence. So if i can only handle certain locations in one vehicle thats a route. I guess i call my whole op my route lol. Theres no way i could do it in one day i do like 12 accounts 2 days a week and then the slower 2 a month accounts every 2 weeks. So say 1st of month i do 17 locations in 2 days. Then the 2nd week 12 then 17 then 12 then 17 at the next month

As with my crawfish traps, I start the farthest trap and work my whey back in, same with machines, start out and work my myself back to home. the difference is sacks of crawfish the closer I get to landing and the van is empty the closer I get to the house!

One route! 

lol!

;D  ;D  ;D  

Archived