Can you tell me anything about this soda machine?

That is a USI CD6, can only, with a Maka bill validator.  You should plan on replacing the obsolete Maka with a Coinco or Mars validator for reliability.  The cans roll down serpentine racks so if they ever freeze it's a pain to get the bottom ones out.  This only means that you need to be aware of any ice in the soda so you can replace the thermostat if that happens.  The refrigeration deck can only be worked on after it's removed from the back of the machine.  You can't access any part of it while it's in the machine.

Thank you.  He was asking $500 and I offered $300, he agreed.  He said it's been steam cleaned and works great.  I need it for a park location where my last machine got kicked by kids (and cracked the front graphic).  This one doesn't have the breakable front and I'm not spending a lot of it so I think it'll be a good choice.  The seller said he bought it from Sam's Club 8 years ago for $2200.

This machine isn't Outdoor Rated so if your location is outdoors you don't want this machine.  This also has a plexi display glass that could be kicked.  I also disagree that it was bought new in 2008.  This is an old model and if it was bought through Sams Club, it was a refurb machine from USI.

If you have a DN or Vendo machine already at the location with a damaged sign, you are better off replacing the sign on a more sturdy machine if there's going to be some abuse of it.

Thank you. He was asking $500 and I offered $300, he agreed. He said it's been steam cleaned and works great. I need it for a park location where my last machine got kicked by kids (and cracked the front graphic). This one doesn't have the breakable front and I'm not spending a lot of it so I think it'll be a good choice. The seller said he bought it from Sam's Club 8 years ago for $2200.

Definitely wouldn't place this in a park. Do you have a regular stacker unit, 440, 501, or other? They're much more reliable in general.

It's not outdoor rated AND it is a very easy machine to move...it won't last long in a public space!

Amen, I give it two months tops in that location assuming they don't just cart the whole thing away.

As all have said, this is NOT outdoor rated and I HIGHLY DOUBT the guy bought it new from Sam's 8 years ago. This model was obsolete 8 years ago. $300 is okay if it cools.

It's indoors at a park, not outside. The building is locked at night.  The park guys watch the building pretty well, especially since the kids kicked my machine last year they've been watching it more.  All he said was that he bought it about 8 years ago at Sam's Club.  The Dixie Narco 600 I had in there was so beat (i bought it used and it always was junk) I ended up donating so it's gone, not worth putting any money into it.  

Thanks for all of your input, I really appreciate it!

to old I wouldn't take it for free..

I would take it if I could use a narrow machine.

Assuming all 6 selections vend properly, it cools properly, and it's in decent shape, it's a 21" wide machine.  It can fit into places that only other USI 6-select machines can fit.  Now... a CB-300 is a MUCH better model (it vends cans or bottles and has about 2x the can capacity) but I don't think any other manufacturer makes such a narrow cabinet.  I think a 276e is 27" wide or something like that.

Archived