What is better a USI or AMS

davidhoch

I am about to buy 2 vending machines 1 snack with a 3,2,1 and a Drink glass case with 40 bottles showing.

Choices

Drink - Royal Vision 500 or AMS 40 same amount of bottles but Royal is $1000 more

Snack - AMS 40 or AMS wide don't understand why wide is $500 cheaper or USI Mercato only $300 dif unless I go to wide then $800.

Going to be in a sports training place by front door.

Please help

It sounds like you're new to vending, and welcome to the forum by the way!

You're going to be jumping in with both feet and you don't want to drown, so don't get the Royal Vision Vendor.  It will give you too much trouble.  The AMS is a good choice or even a Dixie Narco Bevmax without an elevator would work.  The AMS snack you're asking about sounds like you might be comparing an AMS chilled machine like a 39-640, or a later model Wide Gem which is not chilled.  If you don't need to keep snacks from melting then don't waste your money on a chilled snack machine.

It also sounds like you might be looking at new machines which is a quick way to not make any money in vending, especially in your first account.  Look for good used machines for your first account.

AZ is correct. New USI's are  to complicated. USI hard to work on for a newbie. AMS is ok but electronics is complicated also. Royal Vision not that dependable but parts are cheaper.

Used AP'S 113, LCM, Studios and 123's are the best.

D/N glassfront 5591 are decent and the BevMax 4 is outstanding. Stay away from BevMax 2 and 3's.

Vendo 621, 721's are the best for stack vendors if going new. D/N 501-E's for used. 

It sounds like you're new to vending, and welcome to the forum by the way!

You're going to be jumping in with both feet and you don't want to drown, so don't get the Royal Vision Vendor.  It will give you too much trouble.  The AMS is a good choice or even a Dixie Narco Bevmax without an elevator would work.  The AMS snack you're asking about sounds like you might be comparing an AMS chilled machine like a 39-640, or a later model Wide Gem which is not chilled.  If you don't need to keep snacks from melting then don't waste your money on a chilled snack machine.

It also sounds like you might be looking at new machines which is a quick way to not make any money in vending, especially in your first account.  Look for good used machines for your first account.

thanks for your advice I am new to this and am concerned about refurb

Or if your on a budget used single price are dirt cheap, reliable, built like tanks, and very simple to fix

Downsides is that it can only sell at one price and only sell cans and bottle water

Get one and put in an autoshop to get your feet wet

I am about to buy 2 vending machines 1 snack with a 3,2,1 and a Drink glass case with 40 bottles showing.

Choices

Drink - Royal Vision 500 or AMS 40 same amount of bottles but Royal is $1000 more

Snack - AMS 40 or AMS wide don't understand why wide is $500 cheaper or USI Mercato only $300 dif unless I go to wide then $800.

Going to be in a sports training place by front door.

Please help

As a direct answer to your question, most of us would consider the AMS to be the better machine when compared to a USI.  The Royal Vision 500 is also a good machine but most people prefer the Bevmax IV.  You'll often find that the narrower machines cost more even though they hold less - production costs are higher per unit because they don't make as many of them - get the biggest machine that will fit in your allotted space ALWAYS.

Archived