What is this machine? What is it worth?

sprint54fan

This machine came up on a craigslist close to me. Guy knows nothing about it but it says snackshop. I asked him what he wants and he said make offer but says "Ive seen ones like this go for high.."

Hmm.. so im asking you guys for help. What would you offer and what is this model?

I'm guessing its like a ap snackshop 1 and he thinking if the newer 4 models that go for higher

It's an AP7600 and it looks to be in fair condition.  This is a very reliable work horse machine and VE carries all of the parts and upgrades for this model.  There are a lot of these out there but $600 would be a fair price.

First thing to do is get rid of the fluorescent lighting....They cause jackpotting. They will cause board to go into factory diagnostics and reset all the prices on the board.

1000bulbs.com has led's for $10. You remove all the wiring except two wires on one fixture and wire that to 110 volts. Lights it up good. 

• 1 month later...

I went and looked at this machine today.. when you close the door the machine will not come on at the display.. yo can hear the dollar unit cycle through when the unit comes on but nothing comes on the display..we played around a bit and inside the machine on the 5, 10, and 25 cent buttons inside the machine they click the coin mech to dispense the coins..but when you push change price or test vend..nothing happens.. after playing with it for awhile all we can get the display to say is 00.  nothing more.. it will not let you make any selections or show any prices..any ideas whats wrong with this unit? board?

I went and looked at this machine today.. when you close the door the machine will not come on at the display.. yo can hear the dollar unit cycle through when the unit comes on but nothing comes on the display..we played around a bit and inside the machine on the 5, 10, and 25 cent buttons inside the machine they click the coin mech to dispense the coins..but when you push change price or test vend..nothing happens.. after playing with it for awhile all we can get the display to say is 00.  nothing more.. it will not let you make any selections or show any prices..any ideas whats wrong with this unit? board?

I am a little confused here.  First of all, are you familiar with the AP 6/7000 series?  The AP 4000/5000 series are also similar (but not the same) as the 6000/7000 series.

If you are not familiar, here are a few tips:

The AP 4/5/6/7000 series machines show nothing on the display until either money is inserted or you properly enter a service mode option.  It sounds like neither of you properly entered check-price or set-price mode (or maybe any other mode) properly.

The EASIEST way to test these machines is to simply put money in them and hit a selection.  Insert 2 quarters, 2 dimes, and 2 nickels and test vend something to see if you get proper change back (assuming the prices are properly set).  You should at least be able to verify if the display works.

The 00 on the price may either indicate the price or the product code.  I would need to be in front of the machine to remember how to set prices or check prices but testing the machine by using coins is the best way.

It sounds like the machine may be working fine but you guys don't know how to operate it.  However, due to the display not lighting up until you actually do something (by design), there's no way to figure out whether you have a potential board problem, coin mech problem, or any other problem until you verify a few things.

Edit: so I looked up the manual (I need to see the manual to remember what buttons you press without seeing the machine in front of me).

To check prices, press the check-price button inside the machine (very simple).  Then, you press the selection (ie. A1, B3, E7, etc..).  The prices should show up IF THE PRICES ARE SET.

To set the prices, press the set-price button.  Then, you have to enter the price that will be set to the selections.  To do this, you press 11 or 12.  11 increases prices by 5-cent increments and 12 decreases prices by 5-cent increments.  The 13 and 14 buttons change the product code and you don't need those.  The display should show the prices going up and down at this point.  Next, you press the selections that should be at that price (ie. A1, B3, E7, etc...) and your prices will be set.  Setting prices is very fast so you can literally press things like D1D2D3D4D5 and it will set D1, D2, D3, D4, and D5.  The machine should beep each time you press a button if I am not mistaken (ie. for D1-D5, there should be 10 beeps).

Once you have set some prices, you should unplug the machine for several minutes and plug it back in.  Next, insert change to see if the machine registers the change.  If it does, that is a good sign.  Next, select the selections that had the prices set.  If the machine vends that selection and gives proper change back, it would appear that the board and the coin mech is functioning properly.  If the machine does not let you select anything (or it doesn't accept change), then you need to go back and check the prices.  If the prices are no longer set, you probably have a dead battery on the board and it needs to be repaired.  If the prices are properly set but the machine is giving you weird fits (such as not letting you select anything) even though you inserted enough money, then there are many other problems that could be going on there.

If you visit the machine again, go through this process:

First, insert money to see if the display lights up.

Second, try to make a purchase.

Third, check prices of a few selections.

Fourth, set prices to those few selections to something different than whatever they were set at.

Fifth, put the machine back int operation mode and try to make another purchase on those selections.

At this point, if you have inserted enough credit (ie. the display shows 1.00) and you try to make a purchase (ie. selection A1 for 0.45) but the machine does NOT allow you to purchase that selection, you need to check the display for the reason.  A light should blink showing something like "insufficient credit" or "make another selection" or something along those lines.  If the machine simply holds your $1.00 credit and does nothing else, the board may be bad.

If the machine allows you to make a purchase, move onto step 6...

Sixth, unplug the machine for 15 minutes and plug it back in.

Seventh, check the prices of the selections where you set the prices.

At this point, if the prices are no longer correct (ie. they say something like $12.45 or nothing at all) then your battery is probably bad on the board and needs to be repaired or replaced.

This process should take you about 20 minutes.... 15 minutes of having the machine unplugged and 5 minutes for everything else.

If everything seems to work with these steps, then the machine is fine.  If it doesn't take bills but everything else works (with coins), then the bill acceptor may have problems.  If it has trouble taking coins, it's a coin mech issue, etc...

The AP 7000 when in ready mode, does not display anything. Press the check price button on the control board, then press the 14 button on the front keypad. This should give you the sales meter reading. If it reads .00 then you have lost your machines memory. To set pricing, press the set price button, then use#11 button to increase prices by .05 increments, 12 will decrease prices by .05. When you get to your desired price, press selection keys for all selections you want at that price. Then by increasing or decreasing price, set the remaining selections to correct prices. To verify, press the check price button and make any selection in machine. Display will now show you the price setting for that selection. Turn machine off for 2 minutes and check pricing again. If the prices is lost, you will need to have your board repaired. There is no replicable battery on the 7000 series boards

Archived