My old Pepsi machine no longer cold.

partsguy

I have a Dixie Narco Model DCB170/100-5.  The compressor clicks on for just a second or so then back off for like 30 seconds, the back on for a second etc.

Can I just replace the relay unit on the side, or is something else wrong?

post-7378-0-63319200-1413747168_thumb.jpg

post-7378-0-43305200-1413747476_thumb.jpg

post-7378-0-99384400-1413747497_thumb.jpg

I have a Dixie Narco Model DCB170/100-5.  The compressor clicks on for just a second or so then back off for like 30 seconds, the back on for a second etc.

Can I just replace the relay unit on the side, or is something else wrong?

If it ends up needing a new compressor, you should consider scrapping it as I doubt a machine that old is worth it considering that you can often find working single priced machines in the $200 range.

That means your compressor is bad and must be replaced. You could put a good used cooling unit in if your heart is set on keeping the machine or, as moondog said, find a decent used machine on Craigslist for a low price.

Old D/N's are work horses....... 3 things are what goes wrong most of the time. Compressor, coin mech, and Bill validator. Why buy a $200 vendor off craigslist and find yourself in the same predicament in a short time. Like the next day. If it is clean and looks good spend the money on a new compressor and save yourself a headache in the long run. Just saying

Old D/N's are work horses....... 3 things are what goes wrong most of the time. Compressor, coin mech, and Bill validator. Why buy a $200 vendor off craigslist and find yourself in the same predicament in a short time. Like the next day. If it is clean and looks good spend the money on a new compressor and save yourself a headache in the long run. Just saying

I could not agree more.

I agree also.  The machine is in great condition except for this compressor issue. 

We want to keep it, so now I just have to find a good place to get one.  New, reman, used??

My shipping address in non-residential in Elk Grove CA 95757.

Looking for options.

Got the message:

The member AZVendor cannot receive any new messages.

You can PM me now.  I cleared some room out of my PM box as I received about 5 today that filled it up.  I can ship you a rebuilt or used compressor if you need.

Archived