I received a call that a bill validator was down on a brand new machine and validator. Found this jammed inside of it (see attached pic). I am glad the unit prevented this trick from working (insert bill with tape and then pull out in reverse once the bill registers with the machine, youtube is filled with the videos of this). It was a conlux cv1000 and happened in a factory.

How have you all been ripped off before? What you you advise? Thanks.

post-8758-0-03331300-1415057688_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, this sort of thing is why I get irritated with the general public's view of vending machines.  Ripping the vending machine off is "all fun and games" and people get a good laugh out of it.  Stealing a dollar out of a cash register at Walmart will probably get you charged with theft and give you a free ride to jail.

Discussing it with a contact person can often be a slightly uphill battle as people just don't seem to respect vending machines.  Have I seen it happen?  Yes, only a few times though.

The best advice I have is to notify someone that it happened but don't expect too much.  If it was a good employee that did it, and the manager has to choose between their star employee and the no-name vendor, who do you think is going to get the boot?  I would talk to the manager and put a note on the machine that says something along the lines of "Please do not attempt to cheat the machine." or get one of those stickers that says there is a camera in there (or actually put a camera in lol!).

Good luck.

[quote name="AngryChris" post="195914" timestamp=

Discussing it with a contact person can often be a slightly uphill battle as people just don't seem to respect vending machines. Have I seen it happen? Yes, only a few times though.

The best advice I have is to notify someone that it happened but don't expect too much. If it was a good employee that did it, and the manager has to choose between their star employee and the no-name vendor, who do you think is going to get the boot? I would talk to the manager and put a note on the machine that says something along the lines of "Please do not attempt to cheat the machine." or get one of those stickers that says there is a camera in there (or actually put a camera in lol!).

Good luck.

Well you could also say something like "if he [star employee] has no qualms about ripping me off then he might be ripping you off too"

I have found that no one in a business wants to hear negative news about the vending. I usually just live with the problems unless it gets extreme, like beating on it with a hammer, turning the machine, over or other vandalism that causes damage. If its too bad I just pull the machine, after all if someone can turn a machine over and shake stuff out and not be noticed thing will not change.

Managers don't like problems so its always touchy saying anything unless its a last resort.

Well you could also say something like "if he [star employee] has no qualms about ripping me off then he might be ripping you off too"

That might lead to the manager telling you to just remove the machines.  I agree with you, but it doesn't always help the situation.  I find that it's best to leave a message that is firm enough to get the point across without directly accusing any employees of theft.  I can think of PLENTY of things I would LIKE to say, but they wouldn't get the results that I had intended.

Captain mike.... I had the exact same thing happen. Dollar bilk with tape. Tape got rolled up in the validator. Then someone drilled a hole through a quarter...put some tig wire on it and dropped it in. I found it at the bottom of the machine. Then someone put an ear plug in the coin mech...caused my coin chute to break and backed up change for days. That one had a few upset customers.

Get this. The machines are at my place of employment. I work with these guys. I spoke to management after my snack machine gor hit hard... multiple items missing and the machine moved 3 feet. Things have calmed down for now....

Archived