Soda Bottles Upside Down

Jump1979man

Do any of you place soda bottles upside down in the machine?  This would be for a glass front machine.

I use up to 24oz bottles and it seems that at times upon being pushed out they will every now and again fall at such an angle that they will become stuck between the glass and the shelf not allowing to drop.

So I was advised by the machine rep to put them in upside down and havent had any issues since.

I would think the stress on the motors might be more doing it this way as the bottle leans on the springs more so than the shelf but who knows.

Wondering who else has done this.

You need to be more specific on the model of machine you are using.  There are some USI glassfronts where the manual will show that you should put bottles into the spirals top down.  You wouldn't do that with a Bevmax though, and I'm not sure if AMS recommends that in their machines or not.  It's very likely that the sheer length of the 24 oz bottles requires this but it might be on an as-needed basis.

I have seen this on USI. I had a customer who said USI recommends it. IMO it isn't a smart thing to do. Reason bottle is vended pointing down and it bounces of glass and then bounces back at lower shelves and the neck then becomes a dart getting lodged in the lower shelves. Just saying. Another thing on the Gatorades and similar bottles it can break the cap and make mess.

I vend plastic bottles in both orientations in my combo vending machines which have coils. The primary advantage I have found is that loaded 'properly' the last bottle in the coil can fall backwards onto the top of the coil due to product weighting, whereas the top down load tends to allow the bottle to drop earlier in the vend cycle, thus actually vending.

Note that glass or 'sipper top' bottles should never be vended this way.

In a Bevmax (55xx) it isn't possible to load them upendicularly and expect it to work  the bases need to be touching for the pushers to work properly.

Yes its fine, i run a lot of combination machines and often by turning a bottle upside down it simply can vend a lot better, never any issues at all. Obviously theres no need to do this if its a drink machine with a robotic arm. 

Yes its fine, i run a lot of combination machines and often by turning a bottle upside down it simply can vend a lot better, never any issues at all. Obviously theres no need to do this if its a drink machine with a robotic arm.

Obviously since everything is upside down down under

Archived