For sale

orsd

There wouldn't be that much work. I think just a few phone calls would do it. On the site itself, it wouldn't take to much to keep it going. I know how reasonable it is for my site, and it's always growing.

I think your on to something Rick, but it would have to be small or the businesses would vanish too. I pay 15 a month every month for my advertising here, I think they would do more, and offer bulk pricing with buying power. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, I would like to thank Steve for all that hes done for the forum, paying the bills, keeping the spammers out, pissing off mrs.caserri :) and for the vending community in general, and for all those jokes you cracked over the years and all those fun times. Thank you.

I wish you the best of luck to you in getting whatever it may be resolved and in your future endeavors.

As for the future of the website, I do hope that it goes to someone who cares, who has been here long enough to know about the history of this place (not me), the rivalries, the incidents, the fun times, the past members, and everything else that makes tvf so personal and unique.

What we really need to do is something like the Packers where multiple members would own a share.  Appoint a head administrator and a couple of moderators and concentrate on the advertising aspect to give the forum a reasonable financial footing.

What we really need to do is something like the Packers where multiple members would own a share. Appoint a head administrator and a couple of moderators and concentrate on the advertising aspect to give the forum a reasonable financial footing.

Exactly!

Damn, the more I think about it I love a $50/share idea with a decision making committee of three members.  You'd want to keep the group making day-to-day decisions small and all shareholders would need to be willing to put in work with mod duties or helping out behind the scenes.

I'm giving it serious consideration but you're talking about a ton of work and my goal WOULD be to monetize TVF. And I don't think making money off of this place is an "abuse of the resource" whatsoever.

I didn't mean that. The abuse of resource I mean is that some bizop buys it for their own propaganda

The sharing idea is good, but i don't want personal issues getting in the way and having the chicken incident 2.0 on a much larger scale with potentially affected members having mod privileges

not saying it will happen but just a thought, we need a plan just in case it does happen and with money at stake is not as simple as a ban

I didn't mean that. The abuse of resource I mean is that some bizop buys it for their own propaganda

Steve said he would vet all potential purchasers and a charter member or a well liked established member is probably going to have priority over a member named "Antares rules" and one post

The sharing idea is good, but i don't want personal issues getting in the way and having the chicken incident 2.0 on a much larger scale with potentially affect members having mod privileges

not saying it will happen but just a thought, we need a plan just in case it does happen and with money at stake is not as simple as a ban

I agree but I think the answer is pretty straight forward....

All members (members = people who paid) must also agree to be governed by a set of pre-determined guidelines. The guidelines can offer remedies for instances of disagreement. This should still be kept simple. Maybe members can be voted out for certain infractions. The remaining members would then need to buy out the shares of the member or offer those shares to people who would like to become members.

I think something simple could be drawn up fairly easy.

Gotcha vendy, I totally agree with you.

@orsd, that's a good point. There would need to be an establshed protocol limiting any individuals decision making power. But at the end of the day most of us are laid back enough and we're not talking about group-sourcing Microsoft here. I would think BIG decisions would be few and far between.

I agree but I think the answer is pretty straight forward....

All members (members = people who paid) must also agree to be governed by a set of pre-determined guidelines. The guidelines can offer remedies for instances of disagreement. This should still be kept simple. Maybe members can be voted out for certain infractions. The remaining members would then need to buy out the shares of the member or offer those shares to people who would like to become members.

I think something simple could be drawn up fairly easy.

Partnership agreements are pretty standard for these kind of things. Even being straightforward, a partnership is considerably more complicated than a sole owner-operator.

Just set up as a corporation and sell shares at 50. If you set it up right, the only people with day would be the elected board if I remember right.

It would be better if you do out that way Imo.

I don't have a lot, but I would buy a few shares as well.

If it's set up right, you can also do crowd funding as well.

A liitle inside joke with BouncyBalls there grand. There's a history. :)

Ah. Well even late to the party, the most important work and maintenance a forum needs is content moderation. When you have an active member wanting to be a mod, that's a good thing.

That's why I liked. I also like that members feel so strongly about the well being of the site and any new owner's intentions with this community.

Archived