Glass front can/bottle machine

Arutkow

I like the look of the glass front drink machines. I like the vibrant display (when they are clean and well stocked).  I like the ability of a huge variety of drinks.

What I worry about is dropping the drinks from the higher shelves. Does anyone have any experience with the drop-style glass front drink machines?

Thanks

I like the look of the glass front drink machines. I like the vibrant display (when they are clean and well stocked).  I like the ability of a huge variety of drinks.

What I worry about is dropping the drinks from the higher shelves. Does anyone have any experience with the drop-style glass front drink machines?

Thanks

The only drop style you'd want to consider would be the Dixie 5591.  Remember that while you get a lot of selection space, none of them hold much product to the point where you'll need to service it once a week to avoid running dry on the most popular items.  I have accounts where a single column of Coke wouldn't last three hours so I have to run Coke in a whole tray which kind of defeats the point of having all those selections.  I've never had a problem with breakage from the high shelf but you don't ever want to put glass in one of these machines (or any other machine).

Thank you for the reply.

Do you notice if the glass front increases sales?  It must help with allowing for unique products that might not normally be found in drink machines, like some varieties of energy drinks, and juices.  Can a glass bottle go in the bottom row? or is that still too risky?

Moondog, you have an odd way at looking at it. Sure, if your entire machine was full of nothing but three varieties of soda, then a glass front makes no sense. But a glass front has a nice capacity for bottles and you can simply add a few oddball things. The point is to never miss sales. My glass front has about 24 different varieties of soda. The bottle capacity on a bevmax is about 340 bottles depending on what's on the top shelf. If I'm not mistaken, a Royal 650 has a maximum capacity of 288 bottles.

Moondog, you have an odd way at looking at it. Sure, if your entire machine was full of nothing but three varieties of soda, then a glass front makes no sense. But a glass front has a nice capacity for bottles and you can simply add a few oddball things. The point is to never miss sales. My glass front has about 24 different varieties of soda. The bottle capacity on a bevmax is about 340 bottles depending on what's on the top shelf. If I'm not mistaken, a Royal 650 has a maximum capacity of 288 bottles.

Thanks for the reply.

Have you had any bad experiences with the drop-style?

Breakages?

Chris,

Out in my garage I have a whole stack of various botttled items like Snapple, Coconut Water and Crappacino that I bought when I got my first glass front - I should probably chuck them as I'm sure they all taste like skunk piss by now.  I currently only stock fourteen different products - most of them in cans. No more boutique vending for me!!!

And yes, if you're dead set on selling bottles, the glass fronts are a good option - I'm just not that much of a masochist (anymore) ;D  ;D  ;D  

The glassfronk drink machines increase sales because of the attractiveness of seeing all the products instead of just flavor strips. The Bevmax is designed to drop products without breaking them and there is a drop sensor to prevent a second item from falling onto one that's not been removed. If the drop sensor has been defeated then products can be vended on top of each other.

Putting glass on the bottom shelf is the best way to do it if you insist on vending that package.

I've been looking at both the "drop" style, and the one with the elevator shelf that gently moves the product to the dispense door.

The animation and gentle-ness of the delivery are intriguing, but I picture there being A LOT more issues with all of the moving parts.

Anyone use the elevator shelf style of glass door machine?  Any issues?

Chris,

Out in my garage I have a whole stack of various botttled items like Snapple, Coconut Water and Crappacino that I bought when I got my first glass front - I should probably chuck them as I'm sure they all taste like skunk piss by now.  I currently only stock fourteen different products - most of them in cans. No more boutique vending for me!!!

And yes, if you're dead set on selling bottles, the glass fronts are a good option - I'm just not that much of a masochist (anymore) ;D  ;D  ;D  

Coconut water?

lol!

I have more request for Butwipers than anything!

nasty!

Only the best goes in my machines "Coors Lite"

cajun

Is't those fancy glass fronts full of them Sinalods?

icon_pidu.gif icon_pidu.gif icon_pidu.gif

Coconut water?

lol!

I have more request for Butwipers than anything!

nasty!

Only the best goes in my machines "Coors Lite"

cajun

Is't those fancy glass fronts full of them Sinalods?

icon_pidu.gif icon_pidu.gif icon_pidu.gif

To date, Sinalods are your own unique problem - nobody else seems to have them  ;D  :blink:  ;D

Archived