Please Help Drink and Snack Machines Not Working

So I have a Wittern HR-32 snack machine model 3504 which was probably manufactured in 2007.

I have to replace the cion mech and the original one in there was the factory Coinco Quantum Pro.

I have gone through 4 different refurbished coin mechanisms and none of them work.  Now I believe the coin mechs are fine and there is something else which I am not understanding.  It's getting really frustrating and I have put a sign on the machine saying it doesn't work.  I am doing the honor box method temporarily.

So when I put in a different coin mech, there are 2 flashes.  The coin mech indicates that this means it's disabled from the VMC.  Does anyone know why it's doing this?  Everything I use is MDB compatible and the coin mechs I have tried are also MDB.

I put in 2 different TRC 6512's as well as a VN 4510 and an older Coinco 9300 series changer.  All MDB.  These coin mechs say 24 volt on there.  My bill validator is the factory Coinco BP4SX and it says 34DC.

Is there something wrong with the wiring or connection method or is there something wrong with the control board?  I have never had this issue before.

Also I have a CB 500 drink machine probably from 2007 as well.  I went to my location and the whole machine was just powered off.  I tried to turn it back on but that didn't work.  I checked the locations wall electric panel (circuit breaker) to make sure there is nothing wrong there and I also tried another wall outlet but the machine still didn't turn on.  Any ideas as to what I should try next.  I have no idea.  I hope the compressor hasn't gone bad as this is an expensive part.

I am starting to get really frustrated so if anyone can please help me that would be really appreciated.

So I have a Wittern HR-32 snack machine model 3504 which was probably manufactured in 2007.

I have to replace the cion mech and the original one in there was the factory Coinco Quantum Pro.

I have gone through 4 different refurbished coin mechanisms and none of them work.  Now I believe the coin mechs are fine and there is something else which I am not understanding.  It's getting really frustrating and I have put a sign on the machine saying it doesn't work.  I am doing the honor box method temporarily.

So when I put in a different coin mech, there are 2 flashes.  The coin mech indicates that this means it's disabled from the VMC.  Does anyone know why it's doing this?  Everything I use is MDB compatible and the coin mechs I have tried are also MDB.

I put in 2 different TRC 6512's as well as a VN 4510 and an older Coinco 9300 series changer.  All MDB.  These coin mechs say 24 volt on there.  My bill validator is the factory Coinco BP4SX and it says 34DC.

Is there something wrong with the wiring or connection method or is there something wrong with the control board?  I have never had this issue before.

Also I have a CB 500 drink machine probably from 2007 as well.  I went to my location and the whole machine was just powered off.  I tried to turn it back on but that didn't work.  I checked the locations wall electric panel (circuit breaker) to make sure there is nothing wrong there and I also tried another wall outlet but the machine still didn't turn on.  Any ideas as to what I should try next.  I have no idea.  I hope the compressor hasn't gone bad as this is an expensive part.

I am starting to get really frustrated so if anyone can please help me that would be really appreciated.

On the first one I'd replace the harness.  My guess on the second one would be the main power supply/transformer unit is bad.

The two flashes usually shows up when a cabinet door is open putting the machine in the service mode. However I don't believe that the USI HR32 has a door switch. Because the coin mech is plugged in through the validator harness you should bypass the validator and try your mech plugged directly into the machine harness. If the mech then works your problem is a bad bill validator.

Your lack of power in the CB700 is probably a melted main power switch which is fairly common on those machines.

If you need parts for these you can send me a PM.

On the cb 500 the power plug is connected in the back of the vendor. It is very possible it has wiggled loose and just needs to be pushed back in. There is a plate that holds it in but sometimes it isn't tight enough.

I hope you are turning off the vendor when replacing any MDB coin mechs or validators. MDB won't give a second chance. Psssszt thats it.

Bill validator will flash twice if there isn't any change in coin mech. Try swapping with another vendor and see if any of the coin mechs work in  another machine. If they do then most likely you have a bad control board. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey sorry I haven't wrote in some time but I just figured out the solutions today.

Thanks everyone for all your advise and help.

It means a lot to me.

I would like to share if this might help anyone else in the future.

So the snack machine that had the VMC problem was actually just a matter of using a working coin mech.  The crazy thing is is that I bought 4 refurbished coin mechs from the same company and all of them were bad.  It's just a matter of putting in one that actually works fine.  I wasted so much time and money on this problem and it's hard to believe a company would send me 4 refurbished coin mechs and that they were all bad.

The 2nd problem with the drink machine not being on is that the cord behind the drink machine has on it what's called a GFI unit.  It has a reset button and a test button.  It was just a matter of hitting the reset button.  These extra built in adapter or extension cords (whatever you call them) have been known for tripping.  If this problem happens again like within a week or so I will replace it and not get a GFI cord but rather a direct cord from the machine to the wall outlet.

Wow I spent so much money like $170 total on 2 service calls and all just to find out this information.  What a waist of money but at least my machines are working again.  I think waiting 3 weeks is a long time and can even cause a chance to loose a vending account.  Unfortunately I am really bad at fixing machines.  Usually all I have to do is just replace a coin mech and that's it haha. 

Hey sorry I haven't wrote in some time but I just figured out the solutions today.

Thanks everyone for all your advise and help.

It means a lot to me.

I would like to share if this might help anyone else in the future.

So the snack machine that had the VMC problem was actually just a matter of using a working coin mech.  The crazy thing is is that I bought 4 refurbished coin mechs from the same company and all of them were bad.  It's just a matter of putting in one that actually works fine.  I wasted so much time and money on this problem and it's hard to believe a company would send me 4 refurbished coin mechs and that they were all bad.

The 2nd problem with the drink machine not being on is that the cord behind the drink machine has on it what's called a GFI unit.  It has a reset button and a test button.  It was just a matter of hitting the reset button.  These extra built in adapter or extension cords (whatever you call them) have been known for tripping.  If this problem happens again like within a week or so I will replace it and not get a GFI cord but rather a direct cord from the machine to the wall outlet.

Wow I spent so much money like $170 total on 2 service calls and all just to find out this information.  What a waist of money but at least my machines are working again.  I think waiting 3 weeks is a long time and can even cause a chance to loose a vending account.  Unfortunately I am really bad at fixing machines.  Usually all I have to do is just replace a coin mech and that's it haha. 

Been having the same problem with a batch of TRC6510's - seems like all the refurbisher did was give them a bath and called it done.

If you'd like a source for reliably rebuilt coin mechs and validators you can send me a PM. It's too bad that anyone would represent their parts as 'rebuilt' knowing that they aren't and then sell four of them to a customer who finds them all bad. I hope you got your money back on them and that you now do not consider them to be your 'supplier.'

Archived