Help with my dn501e

Hi i just got my machine hooked up and im going to set it for 12oz cans, I know i need the rods and shims and cam settings but how do i get the old shims out of there? It was set for 20oz bottles,  I learned how to check the motors and they did a full turn but is there a way to stop it halfway?  How do you guys move your rear spacers also my arm doesnt fit lol thanks for the help.

The side shims will come out when the open face of the rotor is looking at the shim.  Because it had bottles in it before and because you're going to use cans now you should set the motor cam to setting number 1 which will give you three notches for the motor to stop at in the edge of the cam.  Then test vend the column until the rotor is facing the shim and pull the shim out. Some times it's easiest to install the wider can shims while the rotor is turning so be prepared to do that as well.  To install the rods into the rotors you will want the rotor facing downward toward the delivery chute so that you have easy access to the rotor from below.

Adjusting the rear spacer will be difficult if you have large arms so you might need to get someone else to help you do that.  There isn't any way other than reaching back to the spacer to adjust it.

If you need the parts for converting to cans you can PM me and I'll ship them to you.  I also have flavor strips if you need those.

I'm not even a heavy guy. I'm 6'1", 215 lbs. That's pretty average and I can barely reach in to get the last item sitting on the rotor.

6' @ 200 here.

An obvious bad case of "lard arm"  ;D  ;D  ;D

Be leave it when I say hard to get arms into narrow columns of these E-model machines!

I was having a fit to install the Red Bull kit, in the middle column of a 276E machine!

It's not my fault you have "skinny" arms.

SHTF.gif SHTF.gif SHTF.gif

cajun

LOL!

We must play fair!

moondawg is not here to defend himself!

cajun

I have admit that the left back column on my Royals is a bit challenging to load as I have Arthritis in my left shoulder from doing too many push-ups in my youth.  i save that one for slow movers only

Archived