mice

Do you know where they entered the machine? If it was around the area where the electric cord is you can wrap the cord and hole area with steel wool. Also place traps in the bottom of the machine baited with peanut butter to makes sure none are left in the machine. Check it everyday in case you kill one. Take a old Walmart bag or something similar in your pocket to put the trap and mouse in to take out of the building. Do it when no one is around and be discreet about it. Be sure you don't see any gaps holes, etc they can enter in.  

The other thing you need to do is discuss it with the account contact.  Ask them if they have a monthly pest extermination service? Then explain to them you have seen signs of mice around your machines. Do not go into detail about what you found. Matter of fact I would tell them you have seen some mice dropping "around" the outside of the machine. This does two things it doesn't sound like your machine is the cause or contaminated. People are funny about mice and for some strange reason seem to think it is the vending guys fault they have mice.  Doing it this way makes them think THEY are the one with the problem and no blame you for their mice issues. 

Entire snack machine wiped out of candy chips and pastry s due to mice. The machine is in the center of a nice buliding and they still got to it. What can I do to prevent this? Thanks

Poison the SOBs.  The rats just finished destroying my washer, ate the water supply line and the plastic fill mechanism and flooded half the house - I've declared war on them here.  Rat poison everywhere - may they rot in hell !!!

The account owner already knows they were in the machine. I was told an employee seen the mouse and took a pic of it today. Lucky I was there an hour later to clean the machine out. I left a message with my rep from the company. Waiting for a response.

Poison the SOBs.  The rats just finished destroying my washer, ate the water supply line and the plastic fill mechanism and flooded half the house - I've declared war on them here.  Rat poison everywhere - may they rot in hell !!!

Pay for the airplane ticket, and I promise you they will be eliminated!

As for any food in fridge or freezer, a man has to eat!

That is not rats!

Homeless people!

;D  ;D  ;D 

cajun 

I hate the SOB's too... I had some in my garage that ate through the plastic container that the poison was in! Not sure if I would want to poison a rat inside my house though.. might be safer to get Cajun on the job!  ;D

I hate the SOB's too... I had some in my garage that ate through the plastic container that the poison was in! Not sure if I would want to poison a rat inside my house though.. might be safer to get Cajun on the job!  ;D

Might be safer to just keep the rats  ;D  ;D  ;D

The account owner already knows they were in the machine. I was told an employee seen the mouse and took a pic of it today. Lucky I was there an hour later to clean the machine out. I left a message with my rep from the company. Waiting for a response.

That doesn't sound good.. maybe the time that you responded to the issue will work in your favor.

What type/brand machine was it? I have has an issue with mice before in a USI ComboII but I realized that it was happening before the account did so I was able to save my golpher from getting kicked out!

Might be safer to just keep the rats  ;D  ;D  ;D

I am sure he could make them into a nice stew for you  ;D  ;D  ;D

That doesn't sound good.. maybe the time that you responded to the issue will work in your favor.

What type/brand machine was it? I have has an issue with mice before in a USI ComboII but I realized that it was happening before the account did so I was able to save my golpher from getting kicked out!

I am sure he could make them into a nice stew for you  ;D  ;D  ;D

Yep!

He would come back for seconds!

cajun

I have had mice get my crackers several times before.... seems to be the only packaging the could tear open. But everything??? Wow.

I found they always get in where the powercord enters the machine... so that needs to be blocked. Also, sticky traps behind the machine work well.

I agree with kdub3821.... see if the owner will handle pest control.

Be sure that you go thru the machine thoroughly to be sure it/they are not still inside. Check back of trays, in gum & mint tray, in control panel...everywhere. They don't need much space to hide. Then make sure there are no openings for them to return. As others have said, where power cord enters, coin return door, vend door closes fully. Do it throuroughly once and be done.

I had the same thing but my machine was in a car shop and the staff had it happen when they operated the machines.  I plugged the hole with steel wool but couldn't capture it with a mouse trap until I put the mouse trap behind the machine next to the wall.   Little varmit was only eating the Snickers!

I put a cat and a mouse trap in the bottom of my machine and the cats tail got stuck in the trap...j/k :).

Do check the door seal because I have had the get in that way. I went to Home Depot git a new seal and haven't had any problems. Knock on wood.

Archived