vending

TKK

Just lost 5 acts that made 4k a month combined :(

Got a warehouse and a guy that services and helps me

Getting acts is hard here its soo saturated, and its hard to offer better equipment , when everyone uses brand new usi and glassfront coke machines. I may just team up with coca cola....

Sorry just had to rant. Hows everyone doing

That sucks! It has happened a lot these days. I have seen it to much lately to some of my customers. Micro Markets are taking their toll on the small vendor. The small vendors are being left with the scrapes. It takes a lot of small accts to make up that kind of loss. I feel your pain.

Sorry about you loosing your accounts. I was just talking about this (on here) about offering new/newer equipment to take accounts from the competition. The fact is vending is changing as far as technology and many companies are reinvesting and starting to offer new equipment to accounts to make it attractive to them to switch. 

I hope you get back on track and work through it. Keep us informed how things are going. Good luck!! 

Thanks guys, im going for more accounts today. I had one yesterday a hospital packed with people, 150 employees, 700 customers a day. They told me bring the machines tomorow etc. Now they say one of the drs said to wait because he wants to bring in his own, or he said i could rent one of the spaces and put them there for half the rent of $1500 a month (750). There was a restaurant there before. I was thinking of maybe doing a small kiosk type thing there with burritos and sandwhiches, drinks and snacks. But id have to have a full timer there too. Last week i was offered a kiosk at the mall as well, that makes 8 to 10k a month. Rent is 2600 and on the holidays 4600 and 6600. What turned me off was m-sat 10 to 9pm. And sundays 12 to 6. Thats wayyy too many hours, the guy said hed clear 3k a month easy but thats because his wife was the employee. Might be looking into laundromats as well. Or team up with coke since i cant find good soda machines.

Just lost 5 acts that made 4k a month combined :(

I am sorry to hear that as $4K per month is a lot to loose for a small operator... did the accounts give you a reason for why they decided to go with another vendor?

Were all 5 account with the same customer or were they all different?

All the same chain (company). Good news is i just landed 2 the hospital and a warehouse with 170 employees 24hrs

Gotta keep going!

All the same chain (company). Good news is i just landed 2 the hospital and a warehouse with 170 employees 24hrs

Gotta keep going!

Sounds like you are back on your feet already  ;D

Did you manage to find out the reason that you lost the other account... was it service - prices - machines - commissions?

I think they are closing some of them and sold them off to another c9mpany in which im in contact with. I think it was the push i needed. Today i landed two great ones too! Utility main office with 280 employees, and an office/ warehouse with 90 employees and 5 chinese crap combo machines that theyd refill every 3 days.

I think they are closing some of them and sold them off to another c9mpany in which im in contact with. I think it was the push i needed. Today i landed two great ones too! Utility main office with 280 employees, and an office/ warehouse with 90 employees and 5 chinese crap combo machines that theyd refill every 3 days.

You always seem to find good locations so why are you so down on your vending market?  With as many accounts as you find it sounds like you know how to get them in a saturated market.

Well i was upset because that was a huge hit. I remove em the 20th. It is super saturated here. However the biggest vendor has been in business for over 30 years here and canteen partnered. They have older ap machines and when i find their accounts i can usually close it down pretty well. Except the big accounts (1000+ employees) as they have mini markets. Im happier now i hadnt gone door knocking in forever, and day one nothing, the next days were great. Tomorow im back for the hunt. Has anyone financed new usi mercatos from them? The 4 and 5 wides black diamond series are 3500 new. I called coke and hopefully tomorow they can set me up as i cant find good soda machines. I can still offer pepsi and 7up products and use my machines and plop coke's on the ones that dont mind having coke only.

I have never ordered new USI's but I've seen them and they look very attractive. I think they look good enough to help with your sales pitch. I think their loans are 2 year notes. If you gross over $250/week out of a snack, then making the payments should be cake.

USI parts are notorious and programing is cumbersome. If I were buying new now days I would look into AMS prices are reasonable and their vendors have come a long ways. Parts are cheaper with good tech support. IMO  

USI parts are notorious and programing is cumbersome. If I were buying new now days I would look into AMS prices are reasonable and their vendors have come a long ways. Parts are cheaper with good tech support. IMO  

Parts are not notorious and programming is a breeze. I have been running USI equipment for years with no issues. Nothing wrong with AMS and I like them but USI is also good equipment. 

Parts are not notorious and programming is a breeze. I have been running USI equipment for years with no issues. Nothing wrong with AMS and I like them but USI is also good equipment. 

$98 my cost for a evaporator fan motor on a CD10 is a bit much. It is a cheap shaded pole mrt. I can replace the compressor almost for what it cost to replace both evaporator fan motors. Coil prices are twice that of others. Unless you do it everyday the 120 select board isn't easy for the guy who only has a few. Trying to explain over the phone to someone who hasn't done it can be a nightmare. AAB CAA etc. And lets not forget getting the correct parts for your vendor isn't very good either. Just saying

$98 my cost for a evaporator fan motor on a CD10 is a bit much. Coil prices are twice that of others. Unless you do it everyday the 120 select board isn't easy for the guy who only has a few. Trying to explain over the phone to someone who hasn't done it can be a nightmare. AAB CAA etc. And lets not forget getting the correct parts for your vendor isn't very good either. Just saying

I am not a big fan of their drink machines but their snack and cold food/ cold food frozen combo are nice machines. 

I am not a big fan of their drink machines but their snack and cold food/ cold food frozen combo are nice machines. 

Except for their weak, lame, poorly engineered cooling units.

I like the cranes more as well

I like Cranes as well myself. USI, Crane, or AMS as far as current manufactured brands I will endorse and use. 

Except for their weak, lame, poorly engineered cooling units.

The new model stuff we have been running seems to be doing well. Not sure what 5 to 10 years will look like but so far they are doing great for a year or so. 

I carry 3 in 1's on truck just for USI. I hate using them but it seems to be the only way to insure you don't return for the same problem. There decks compared to D/N and Royal are always harder to remove. There resell is bad. The Beverage centers are to large. I can get 6 D/N, Vendos, Royals, BevMax's etc on my trailer but only 4 beverage centers on trailer. Don't get me wrong they are a decent machine still but they are over priced and I don't care for how they are marketed. At least not here. I have seen to many people get hooked by independent salesmen that go out and set locations with brand new equipment with fabricated numbers and suck the people in with enormous cost that they will never be able to repay. And I do blame USI because they are financing it. Bankrupting innocent people. Everytime I hear a new USI salesman is town I cringe. First of all they don't work for USI but they do work directly with them. I had  guy that got in trouble with USI for a having business cards made up saying he was a representative of USI. They didn't like that. He did however bankrupt  a couple of people I knew. 

Sorry for the rant.

Back to the original question. If I were buying new equipment I would buy AMS and Vendo for stack vendor and BevMax for glassfront. If I were buying used I would still buy AMS sensit 2 and 3 and USI because there are plenty of used USI's out there that have depreciated in value.

The thing that bugs me about the newer USI food is when you get a health error the board only records what time it was when the temp exceeded 45° no data about the max temp. No data for the number of minutes over 45°. So if the temp inside the machine gets to 46° for a few seconds I may decide not to discard $400 worth of food. If it got to 98° for 14 hours I certainly would but with the USI you do not get the data to make an informed decision.   

Walta

I carry 3 in 1's on truck just for USI. I hate using them but it seems to be the only way to insure you don't return for the same problem. There decks compared to D/N and Royal are always harder to remove. There resell is bad. The Beverage centers are to large. I can get 6 D/N, Vendos, Royals, BevMax's etc on my trailer but only 4 beverage centers on trailer. Don't get me wrong they are a decent machine still but they are over priced and I don't care for how they are marketed. At least not here. I have seen to many people get hooked by independent salesmen that go out and set locations with brand new equipment with fabricated numbers and suck the people in with enormous cost that they will never be able to repay. And I do blame USI because they are financing it. Bankrupting innocent people. Everytime I hear a new USI salesman is town I cringe. First of all they don't work for USI but they do work directly with them. I had  guy that got in trouble with USI for a having business cards made up saying he was a representative of USI. They didn't like that. He did however bankrupt  a couple of people I knew. 

Sorry for the rant.

Back to the original question. If I were buying new equipment I would buy AMS and Vendo for stack vendor and BevMax for glassfront. If I were buying used I would still buy AMS sensit 2 and 3 and USI because there are plenty of used USI's out there that have depreciated in value.

I am pretty sure they have about stopped that situation from what I have been told. From my conversations with them about it they said it was hurting them from doing business from actual vending operators and where having issues because of it. We had a guy in my area doing that for sometime back a few years ago and got some people for a lot of money. He is now in prison (unrelated) so I guess karma is a gopher. :)

I'm small guy trying to make it here in ky, and my competitor is Huge but u know what the bigger they are the harder it is for then to provide good service to their accounts, I'm picking up some of their decent account because of thier lack of good service, I just pick up two more car lots ftom them their no huge accounts but one does 225.00 and the other one is about 175,00 a week that's more than I had lol

And I have mostly usi machines n some ap's

I check eBay n craigslist daily for machines

I tell yea I wouldn't mind having a good hospital account, I think they would rock

I like the usis, why doesnt anyone vouch for cranes!? Gpls? Those r my fav! Well constructed. Especially with surevend and posivend. Aps im getting rid of mile i always get product hang ups. Ams ive never had but all look kinda cheap and single spiral.

I like the usis, why doesnt anyone vouch for cranes!? Gpls? Those r my fav! Well constructed. Especially with surevend and posivend. Aps im getting rid of mile i always get product hang ups. Ams ive never had but all look kinda cheap and single spiral.

I like Crane and think they make nice equipment. 

Archived