URGENT HELP NEEDED - 2 Free Machines if I do this right

Hello,

I get two free soda vending machines if I can have them out of a closing business by Thursday (two days from now).  The company that owned them went under years ago; they have just been sitting there with no power for 5 years.  I'm not in the vending business.  I don't know the first thing about vending machines.  I need to know the proper way to pack and ship them freight ASAP.  Research so far says load them onto a pallet, cover them in cardboard, and then wrap in plastic.  I have pallets available, and I can use the loading dock at the business to roll them into a truck.  How do I get them onto the pallets?  Is there a better way?  I don't have a forklift, but I can rent dollies and maybe a pallet jack.  It's just me doing all the moving, I want to make sure I do everything safely and correctly.  I wish I had more time to research this.  Phone calls to Pepsi, EMS Vending, and Coke have been no help at all.

What else do I need to know about shipping them?  

Also, I don't have the keys and there isn't time to get a locksmith here.  Supposedly the machines must be empty to be shipped.  I figured I could just feed money into the machines until there was no soda left, but how much soda would that be?  Also, one of the machines 

The machines are a Dixie Narco DN 501E and a Dixie Narco D5000.

Both machines work. Freight quote is under $400. Drilling the locks is another $150. If I can properly package them for shipment I'll come out way ahead. I'm going to skip the pallet and wrap them in cardboard and plastic wrap.

I agree with Anacapa. If these aren't in your area then why are you hot to get them, especially if you're not in the business? Just find someone in that city that will buy them from you and pick them up themselves. Any real vendor will be capable of doing that. I don't ship machines due to the amount of work to make them ready and the expense of shipping. If they are close enough then pay someone to bring them to you in a liftgate truck, or go get them yourself. This isn't anything to do with such short notice.

Run. Run far away and don't look back. Don't let the idea of easy money get a grip on you. If you drop one of those things and it just barely hits you - you could be crippled for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is nothing easy about moving a vending machine. Take all the wheels off of a small car and then move it into your living room - it's about the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info everyone. I guess I won't be moving them myself. There is no one in the area interested in buying them. They both work perfectly fine and if I can ship them down to my city I can sell them from there.

I'm going to hire a furniture company to move them to where freight can take over. I still need to know the proper way to pack them though.

Hello,

I get two free soda vending machines if I can have them out of a closing business by Thursday (two days from now).  The company that owned them went under years ago; they have just been sitting there with no power for 5 years.  I'm not in the vending business.  I don't know the first thing about vending machines.  I need to know the proper way to pack and ship them freight ASAP.  Research so far says load them onto a pallet, cover them in cardboard, and then wrap in plastic.  I have pallets available, and I can use the loading dock at the business to roll them into a truck.  How do I get them onto the pallets?  Is there a better way?  I don't have a forklift, but I can rent dollies and maybe a pallet jack.  It's just me doing all the moving, I want to make sure I do everything safely and correctly.  I wish I had more time to research this.  Phone calls to Pepsi, EMS Vending, and Coke have been no help at all.

What else do I need to know about shipping them?  

Also, I don't have the keys and there isn't time to get a locksmith here.  Supposedly the machines must be empty to be shipped.  I figured I could just feed money into the machines until there was no soda left, but how much soda would that be?  Also, one of the machines 

The machines are a Dixie Narco DN 501E and a Dixie Narco D5000.

How much do you plan on selling them for?

Also, shipping is less than $400, it seems their combined value far exceeds to cost to ship them if ebay prices are any indicator.

Ebay prices are "pie in the sky" usually, I wouldn't put much stock in those evaluations. Your local Craigslist would be a better indicator of what you can get for them.  The Dixie 501e is a very popular model, not sure about the 5000 model.

Ebay prices are "pie in the sky" usually, I wouldn't put much stock in those evaluations. Your local Craigslist would be a better indicator of what you can get for them. The Dixie 501e is a very popular model, not sure about the 5000 model.

Not here Moondog. I've seen 501e's for $500 and old 276 can vendors for $800. One of the best I saw was a polyvend 6640 for $2,000. It was listed as "like new" and "only a couple years old." Oh yeah, if I recall, the post said "serious buyers only, no low ballers!" Lol

All you need to do is give the bottlers the serial numbers and any asset numbers you might find on the machines and they will tell you if they still own the machines.  If they do then you can't sell them and must buy them from the bottlers or give them back.  If they don't own them then you can do what you want with them.

Archived