FSI 3014A

laip51

I always first do a search on the forum. I didn't find any details on an FSI 3014A. I believe they come with different options. I am going to buy one here on location. I would like to know if the usual configuration has  MDB and DEX.  In the future, I am trying to have all with credit card readers.  I have also bought an FSI 3130 on location and want to upgrade to CC.

The 3014 is not MDB capable and isn't a great cabinet to use either.  As those machines age the doors don't close very easily and you could have shelf problems as well.  Let me know if you need anything for the 3130.

That's really the way to go. I'm about to inherit (purchase) some genesis 137s? I believe. I would like to know if I could upgrade those to have credit card readers?

Please don't do that.  Those are unsupported import machines that we always tell people to stay away from.  You will always regret using them.  Price doesn't matter, quality equipment does!

I always first do a search on the forum. I didn't find any details on an FSI 3014A. I believe they come with different options. I am going to buy one here on location. I would like to know if the usual configuration has  MDB and DEX.  In the future, I am trying to have all with credit card readers.  I have also bought an FSI 3130 on location and want to upgrade to CC.

I owned a 3014A once - it was a pile of crap and definitely nowhere near MDB capable.  If you're set on CC readers you'll need something a lot newer

Thanks Randy...as usual right on the help desk. I needed a reason to not do the 3014 thing and will opt out.

The 3014 was a much better machine than the 3014A but still nowhere near MDB compatible.  If you're looking for a good 4 wide machine. I'd recommend the AP6600XL with a VE upgrade board so you can do the CC readers. You should be able to get both for about a grand. plus the CC reader.

The 3014 was a much better machine than the 3014A but still nowhere near MDB compatible.  If you're looking for a good 4 wide machine. I'd recommend the AP6600XL with a VE upgrade board so you can do the CC readers. You should be able to get both for about a grand. plus the CC reader.

The "A" series is a revised version of the regular series.  Thus, the 3014A is the revised 4-wide version of the 3014.  Maybe you believe that the 3014 is better... and that's your opinion lol, but I believe that the 3014A is a superior machine.  To each his own though.

The "A" series is a revised version of the regular series.  Thus, the 3014A is the revised 4-wide version of the 3014.  Maybe you believe that the 3014 is better... and that's your opinion lol, but I believe that the 3014A is a superior machine.  To each his own though.

Having refurbished both in detail, I'll stand by my statement that the non A series is a much better built machine.  I find it hard to believe that anybody familiar with these machine would choose the A series over the original.  The only revisions made were done to crank them out at the lowest cost possible and it shows.

Having refurbished both in detail, I'll stand by my statement that the non A series is a much better built machine.  I find it hard to believe that anybody familiar with these machine would choose the A series over the original.  The only revisions made were done to crank them out at the lowest cost possible and it shows.

Actually, the A series was a redesign that included different shelves, motors, spirals, shelf rails and changing the L-handle to a T-handle.  I don't know why they did it but I don't really thing either was a great design.

Actually, the A series was a redesign that included different shelves, motors, spirals, shelf rails and changing the L-handle to a T-handle.  I don't know why they did it but I don't really thing either was a great design.

The A series actually weighs quite a bit less than the original,  I'll give you one guess why that is.  And what really pissed me off is the tray connection which was well designed on the original but the A series came out with a Molex plug which causes the harness to move back and forth each time the tray is pulled out and we all know what happens to a copper wire when you bend it back and forth too many times.

Personally, I prefer the A series but we aren't comparing an AP 7600 to an AP 435 here. They are close. I got a bunch of 3013's and 3014's as part of a big group of accounts and they just look way crappier.

I have eight of them 3014 and 3014a tough front them they look fine and can take a beating particular the 3014.

I have to agree I have used quite a few of the 3014 and 3015 over the years with good luck. Are they the best? Nope, but still decent machines if you don't need MDB or other bells and whistles and simple to work on. They look pretty nice if you refurbish them with paint and new fronts. 

Archived