Dixie Narco 276cc / 162-6- purchase advice

doyle jones

Hi,

I have been the bulk vending business with a small route of about 20 machines and I would like to start doing a couple of soda machines.  I have picked out a location that I think will do fairly well (a building that has a hair school, dance academy, and business networking events all the time).  I have not yet purchased a machine yet. I was thinking about purchasing this machine http://stgeorge.craigslist.org/fod/5171077615.html.  She is listing it for $400.  I bet I could get it cheaper though.  The bill validator isn't working.  I haven't opened it up to inspect it.  

What do you think? Is $400 a good price? I have been watching craigslist in my town and there aren't a lot of these for sale. We are 1 hr 1/2 from Las Vegas, but I hardly go there.  I don't really want to either.  

Thanks in advance for the advice.  Also if AZ vendor happens to read this, I have emailed you and tried to PM you but your messages are full.  I would like price quotes for a replacement bill validator. 

Thanks,

Doyle-Jones

@Walta I appreciate the feedback.  Honestly, I didn't even know what the model numbers meant until now.  It may be another month or so before another one comes available in my town.  I would like to start making money right away with these things.  Is the $400 price tag reasonable? low? high?  How often would you suppose that I would have to service this? I would prefer not to service it more than 1x/week.

Doyle.

To much for a single price can machine, especially since the dba don't work!

Cooling deck must work to, and I still would only offer 175 to 200 dollars!

Like Walta said a larger can machine would do better.

368 would do. Just make sure machine is only 72" tall and not a 79" tall machine! 

Will struggle to get a 79" tall machine in business.

This would be a better buy, far but just to give you a idea.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/bfs/5169753589.html

cajun

Hi,

I have been the bulk vending business with a small route of about 20 machines and I would like to start doing a couple of soda machines.  I have picked out a location that I think will do fairly well (a building that has a hair school, dance academy, and business networking events all the time).  I have not yet purchased a machine yet. I was thinking about purchasing this machine http://stgeorge.craigslist.org/fod/5171077615.html.  She is listing it for $400.  I bet I could get it cheaper though.  The bill validator isn't working.  I haven't opened it up to inspect it.  

What do you think? Is $400 a good price? I have been watching craigslist in my town and there aren't a lot of these for sale. We are 1 hr 1/2 from Las Vegas, but I hardly go there.  I don't really want to either.  

Thanks in advance for the advice.  Also if AZ vendor happens to read this, I have emailed you and tried to PM you but your messages are full.  I would like price quotes for a replacement bill validator. 

Thanks,

Doyle-Jones

This is a good bit more than I'd pay for a small single priced machine that doesn't have a working validator.  That said, St George, while a decent sized town, is pretty much out there by itself as I recall so you may not have the luxury of getting too picky.  I'd much rather have a Dixie 501e if you could find one - the larger capacity should extend your service cycle.  What you'll find with the smaller machines is that you'll be constantly having to load your best sellers (usually Coke) long before the rest of the machine needs servicing.

@AZvendor and everyone else who has responded.

This forum is great. Thank you for all your advice and feedback. I was able to get over there and take a couple of pictures of the bill validator. The seller said that it used to work, then it would accept the bills but not bend the soda, and now in its present state won't accept any bills at all. I was wondering if you could give me some feedback on how hard these things are to fix and/or refurbished. Does this problem sound like a basic take apart and clean and put back together to fix it or do you think that I just need a new one? To give you an idea of my level of technical ability, I have successfully repaired cell phones before and do minor repairs on my vehicles.

I have attached included a link to a picture of the bill validator if you are interested.  Pic 1  Pic 2.  Thanks again for all your help.

Doyle

The Mars VFM validators are obsolete antiques that have no new hard parts available, only belts.  If they are repaired and need anything other than belts, those hard parts have to come off another old, used validator.  For these reasons any of the old metal validators need to be upgraded.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom and I can send you a late model replacement.

@AZvendor and everyone else who has responded.

This forum is great. Thank you for all your advice and feedback. I was able to get over there and take a couple of pictures of the bill validator. The seller said that it used to work, then it would accept the bills but not bend the soda, and now in its present state won't accept any bills at all. I was wondering if you could give me some feedback on how hard these things are to fix and/or refurbished. Does this problem sound like a basic take apart and clean and put back together to fix it or do you think that I just need a new one? To give you an idea of my level of technical ability, I have successfully repaired cell phones before and do minor repairs on my vehicles.

I have attached included a link to a picture of the bill validator if you are interested.  Pic 1  Pic 2.  Thanks again for all your help.

Doyle

What you've got here is referred to as a paper weight in the modern vending world.  Most pro refurbishers won't touch these things.  Get AZ to send you a Mei VN 2511 with the harness so you can swap this sucker out - takes less than 10 minutes and you won't have a problem with it for years.

What you've got here is referred to as a paper weight in the modern vending world. Most pro refurbishers won't touch these things. Get AZ to send you a Mei VN 2511 with the harness so you can swap this sucker out - takes less than 10 minutes and you won't have a problem with it for years.

Some do fail sooner than others, but yes, a mars VN 2511/2501 is far superior to a VFM. I typically get 3+ years out of mine. I have one location with 15 employees that does 100+ per week from snacks and soda and I have to replace the validators about every year as it's so dusty. I never knew this account would be so good, and no one else wants to touch it due to having so few employees.

Archived